As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phil [chat]man

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    decided not to sleep

just gonna stay up until after dinner and crash all night

lol ur dum

JustinSane07 on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my mood is so bad.

i don't know what to do.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I spent a week straight with Choco and one of my WoW guildies was very concerned

It's a little worrying that people panic if I don't log in for like a week.

James was looking for you two in WoW, actually. He said you guys hadn't been around to play with and he was very lonely.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    So the girl is realizing that she's going to be going back home in 11 days and is freaking out. This is on top of the freaking out about finals she is doing. I have never been so glad about all of the practice I've had at projecting a calm, soothing voice.

Puttin the Barry White on eh?

Come on baby. Lemme cheer you up.

Not so much cheer her up as talk her down from the ledge. She's not normally high strung but she's test phobic and she has no idea how we're going to handle the summer. So I'm thinking I will stop by tonight with some ice cream. And hot fudge. And some cherries.

are you gonna put those items together or will this be more of a laissez faires type deal?

Nerdgasmic on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    tumblr_l1nhmw7mbP1qz80pso1_500.jpg

oh nooooo why am i laughing so hard

part of me feels that it's somehow just that all those shitty red states are having their beaches wrecked.

and the other part of me just feels crappy about the whole thing.

my wife and i were wondering if this were an ecoterrorism event. sort of an ends justifies the means sort of thing.

i fucking hope not because nothing is gonna change about this

really? i heard a couple congresspeople who have reversed their stance already.

got a link? I would LOVE that!

i don't. they were interviewing on morning edition the other day. its quite possible that they were just candidates somewhere.

damnit wally you are such a tease!

so true. i spend much of my life too distracted to make any real note of whats going on around me.

i could have gotten laid SO much more.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I used to watch a ton of soccer when I had Fox Soccer Channel. Now it's more so whatever I catch at the bar.

I was never really into football, but I pick up a some from the people I hang with.

Yeah my interest in most sports is proportional to the folks around me. Like, I probably wouldn't watch an NBA game alone, but I'll gladly chill out with some friends watching one.

Golf is the exception to this. I could watch high level golf all day.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my mood is so bad.

i don't know what to do.

My mood is bad and I didn't know what to do either so I just started watching football.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    So the girl is realizing that she's going to be going back home in 11 days and is freaking out. This is on top of the freaking out about finals she is doing. I have never been so glad about all of the practice I've had at projecting a calm, soothing voice.

Not so much cheer her up as talk her down from the ledge. She's not normally high strung but she's test phobic and she has no idea how we're going to handle the summer. So I'm thinking I will stop by tonight with some ice cream. And hot fudge. And some cherries.

are you gonna put those items together or will this be more of a laissez faires type deal?

The ice cream is for after dinner, the hot fudge and cherries is for after that.

Sarksus on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    maybe i can post a youtube of the cop giving me a wedgie

i have a retention holster that won't release my sidearm unless you depress the button, so he's yanking on the pistol, hard

and it's obviously in the holster attached to my belt

so it's pulling up my pants super hard

giving me the biggest fucking wedgie ever

Organichu on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arch, do you have DnDInsider or the Adventurer's Vault?

No i just have the 4th ed handbook

Okay, there's a reason I'm trying to encourage everyone to only use things they have the books or DnDInsider access for. The character builder doesn't account for all things, especially once you get past the demo levels. You need to be able to reference your own powers, feats, and rituals. Myself and the players can't replace being able to reference your own stuff and it's going to slow things down significantly if people have to stop to ask about how their own stuff works and it's spelled out in a resource they don't have.

I can't enforce it, Arch, but I would highly recommend going Ritual Casting instead of Alchemist.

Alright, I will think about that. (probably go with that because yeah, that makes sense)

Sorry if it seems thuggish. I know it sucks to have to lay down money for more options (especially at WotC prices), but that's how they built the game. For what it's worth, this is an incredibly well-balanced RPG and I don't think any players are going to feel gimped with just the Player's Handbook.

No I understand...I uh...found a copy of the AV that was...affordable and I will look over it when it gets here

Arch on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It was probably more of a case of the glass and liquid than the fact it was alcohol.

I understand that, which is why, when I went the first time, I asked exactly what I had to do. And then when I came they were like "oh we thought you meant within the country. We can't do that internationally." It sucks, because I got Japan some really nice american beers.

C'est la vie, it seems this secret santa christmas was twice doomed for me.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I spent a week straight with Choco and one of my WoW guildies was very concerned

It's a little worrying that people panic if I don't log in for like a week.

James was looking for you two in WoW, actually. He said you guys hadn't been around to play with and he was very lonely.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww

Btw, we haven't hooked up in SC2 yet. You or him gonna be around tonight?

JustinSane07 on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

I had a buddy of mine that was pretty bummed out about his finals next week.

"But then I'm done with that class and start Summer courses the Monday after that."

Yeah. Big relief.

And he's spent a ridiculous amount of time and money at Ole Miss. I ask him if he has a job lined up.

"Nah. We gotta move to Starkville so she can go to USM and I'm probably just gonna keep cooking."

Also him being an Ole Miss graduate at USM is gonna be interesting.

Sheep on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    anyway the first thing i am doing (now that all the attorneys except the ACLU chapter have gotten back to me) is filing for a delivery of all reconnoitering materials (including dashboard cam) under the Freedom of Information Act

you gonna post them one at a time on the officer's facebook page?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited April 2010
    I used to watch a ton of soccer when I had Fox Soccer Channel. Now it's more so whatever I catch at the bar.

I was never really into football, but I pick up a some from the people I hang with.

Yeah my interest in most sports is proportional to the folks around me. Like, I probably wouldn't watch an NBA game alone, but I'll gladly chill out with some friends watching one.

I rarely watch sports with them, but they talk about football alot.

Only sports I usually watch with people is women's tennis or snooker

snooker is perfect hungover programming

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

i have a retention holster that won't release my sidearm unless you depress the button, so he's yanking on the pistol, hard

Introduce the copy of Bayonetta, show the video of him giving you the wedgie and cap it off by claiming he was calling you a "fucking nerd" while doing it.

case closed.

stevemarks44 on
    edited April 2010
    I just realized I am so dumb. I could have taken summer courses to get into school faster.

Sarksus on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Nerd....did you just make an innuendo? And it will be a sundae. Distracting her long enough to do it laissez faires style might just drive her stress levels through the roof.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2010
    hey speak of the devil, women's tennis is on

bye bye anfield

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

I rarely watch sports with them, but they talk about football alot.

Only sports I usually watch with people is women's tennis or snooker

snooker is perfect hungover programming

I don't know much about snooker.
    But I love this so much

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited April 2010

Nerd....did you just make an innuendo? And it will be a sundae. Distracting her long enough to do it laissez faires style might just drive her stress levels through the roof.
    No sir, that was not an innuendo.

Nerdgasmic on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my mood is so bad.

i don't know what to do.

My mood is bad and I didn't know what to do either so I just started watching football.

I am trying to play street fighter but when I am not playing I am a terror.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    in any case i don't think it'll be on the dash cam

his car wasn't pointed at us

but hopefully i can at least get audio

Organichu on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    yes officer I do like my gun

unfortunately, when I carry it legally

sometimes I almost get killed

anyway, what are you doing for lunch?

"I carry the kind of ammo that goes through bulletproof vests, as a rule

you know, just in case"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    guess I missed the drama eh

nexuscrawler on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I had a buddy of mine that was pretty bummed out about his finals next week.

"But then I'm done with that class and start Summer courses the Monday after that."

Yeah. Big relief.

And he's spent a ridiculous amount of time and money at Ole Miss. I ask him if he has a job lined up.

"Nah. We gotta move to Starkville so she can go to USM and I'm probably just gonna keep cooking."

Also him being an Ole Miss graduate at USM is gonna be interesting.

That might be awkward.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    yes officer I do like my gun

unfortunately, when I carry it legally

sometimes I almost get killed

anyway, what are you doing for lunch?

"I carry the kind of ammo that goes through bulletproof vests, as a rule

you know, just in case"

him all "this is a nice gun"

me all "the better to shoot you with, my dear"

Organichu on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ok, in a few days, Japan's christmas will finally end.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited April 2010

No sir, that was not an innuendo.

It would have been okay if it was. It would have been surprising but okay.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2010
    I don't see how it could have been an innuendo, sir.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2010

I'm going to hell for this, but sometimes people will use those things to spice up their sex life. Very over rated.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2010
    Laissez faires style is where you let market forces guide you.

Sarksus on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010

Introduce the copy of Bayonetta, show the video of him giving you the wedgie and cap it off by claiming he was calling you a "fucking nerd" while doing it.

case closed.

No jury in America would convict the cop after that

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You can't fight the police.

...or city hall

...or Mike Tyson

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    edited April 2010

I'm going to hell for this, but sometimes people will use those things to spice up their sex life. Very over rated.

I knew about that. That seems like it'd be too direct for an innuendo.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2010

I knew about that. That seems like it'd be too direct for an innuendo.

Well the Laissez faires aspect could be taken as letting our impulses control us.

Thomamelas on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

In your endo...

YamiNoSenshi on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    *does a sexy dance*

WMain00 on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

In your endo...

....skeleton

sorry i always think that when I hear the phrase "in your endo"

Arch on
    edited April 2010
    You can't fight the police.

...or city hall

...or Mike Tyson

AJ Ayer, a very famous analytic philosopher, was at a party in a very late period of his life. He heard a fight going on in another and encountered mike tyson on the verge of hitting Naomi Campbell.

So this guy

Ayer.jpg.jpe

told this guy

mike-tyson.jpg

AJA: What are you doing?
    MT: Who the fuck are you?! Do you know who I am? I'm the heavyweight champion of the world!
    AJA: And I am the Wykeham Professor of Logic at the University of Oxford. Since we are both reputable men, surely we can be reasonable about this situation.

Whether Tyson agreed or was just dumbfounded is unknown, but Campbell was able to get out of the room unharmed.

Bad

Ass

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.