As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need some quick and easy battery help ~can be locked~

JadedJaded Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
My office mate wants me to order lithium batteries and a charger for our on site digital camera. The camera says on the bottom that it uses Lithium batteries (AA size).

Can yuo charge lithium batteries in a regular battery charger? My google-fu is failing and I don't see a Lithium Battery charger in my Staples Source book (2010 catalogue).

I can't think of anything clever.
Jaded on

• Options
    meekermeeker Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thank you for the heads up, but we can only order office supplies from staples / corporate express.
    If I had a charge account I'd just expense it.

I see they have regular chargers but I am uncertain if I can do Lithium batteries in a regular charger.

Jaded on
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, I don't know if the Staples corporate stuff is different, but just doing a search for battery charger on staples.com results in a number of units that can charge lithium-ion batteries, though the only one I noticed that charges AA is this one:

http://www.staples.com/Lenmar-Universal-Charger-for-Li-Ion-Ni-CD-Ni-MH-AA-AAA/product_803080?cmArea=SEARCH

However, if the camera just uses AA batteries, you aren't required to use Lithium. Any AA battery should work. You can get some newer NiMH batteries (eneloop and similar) that hold their charge much longer when not in use.

Daenris on
  • Options
    meekermeeker Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jaded wrote: »
    Thank you for the heads up, but we can only order office supplies from staples / corporate express.
    If I had a charge account I'd just expense it.

I see they have regular chargers but I am uncertain if I can do Lithium batteries in a regular charger.

We would have no idea what is in the Staples catalog. Why not look there?

Read my first link. DO NOT try to recharge Lithium Batteries. Only Lithium-Ion batteries are rechargeable. NiMH and NiCD batteries are also rechargable.

meeker on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thank you sir, I did browse the Staples catalogue before posting this.
    This can be locked as corporate purchased us a new camera, ours was quite antiquated.

Can be locked.

Jaded on