As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

X-Men Thread: Regenesis is here, Phil Collins or Peter Gabriel?

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of the deceased character, and I just don't care.

X-Men as a franchise has always been really death-obsessed, and under Yost and Kyle it's only gotten worse. Really, everyone knew it was coming, everyone knows it won't stick, and the impact is dramatically decreased by the fact that X-Men characters have been dropping left and right since New X-Men. Why should anyone care when this kind of thing has become the norm?

I agree here. The X-Men's thing with death and angst is just rediculous and has always put me right off picking up any of the titles.

Solar on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    2010-04-28_150346_even_more.JPG

Marvel should publish this book.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    no

they will be drawing my magnum opus
    AMBUSHBUGANDOMACAREBUDDYCOPS.jpg

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2010
    they had no clue who OMAC was

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    or what ambush bug even looked like

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    "Ambush Bug?

That's probably not so different from the Micronauts' Bug."

Munch on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    still gonna get this series made though

gonna sell more issues than superman's pal jimmy olsen

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    still gonna get this series made though

gonna sell more issues than superman's pal jimmy olsen

It better do, or it will get cancelled. I wanna see a million a month, or you failed.

Solar on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Uncanny 524 preview

I think the editor's made a mistake, because Colossus was coming off the plane when that person died and he should be one of the most depressed people there (also his sister disappeared into hell), yet he's all smiling wanting to watch a DVD with Kitty.

Or maybe Colossus' heart is as cold as siberian steel, the nazi.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Uncanny 524 preview

I think the editor's made a mistake, because Colossus was coming off the plane when that person died and he should be one of the most depressed people there (also his sister disappeared into hell), yet he's all smiling wanting to watch a DVD with Kitty.

Or maybe Colossus' heart is as cold as siberian steel, the nazi.

Wouldn't that be communist? You have the know the difference between the varied enemies of democracy and liberty tex, or how will you hunt then down?

Solar on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They all look the same in a body-bag.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That corpse looks pretty ridiculous. You'd think someone would put a blanket over him.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That corpse looks pretty ridiculous. You'd think someone would put a blanket over him.

yeah, it actually gave me a dark comedy sort of vibe. I couldn't help laughing.

Langly on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Awww man... I haven't read his death issue yet, but the scans I saw made it look like Kurt's body just disappeared. I was hoping he just ended up in the hell dimension that he teleports to and was having cool adventures with his demon dad and Ares.

But I guess if Hope resurrects him, it fits with the whole Mutant Messiah and Second Coming thing.

Hensler on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    Awww man... I haven't read his death issue yet, but the scans I saw made it look like Kurt's body just disappeared. I was hoping he just ended up in the hell dimension that he teleports to and was having cool adventures with his demon dad and Ares.

But I guess if Hope resurrects him, it fits with the whole Mutant Messiah and Second Coming thing.

Ares and Nightcrawler in an odd couple horror mini that's one part Hellraiser and one part Big Trouble in Little China. At first they don't get along, but after Kurt's quick teleporting saves Ares, who then uses his brawn to save Kurt, they start talking about their crazy supernatural fathers and bonding.

... Alright people I want funding for this thing asap.

desc on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Langly wrote: »

They should've gone all the way and put X's over his eyes and had his tongue sticking out the side of his mouth.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Time wise they had the body sit there for hours like that.

It's not cool to do to your brah, do you know what I am saying?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

They should've gone all the way and put X's over his eyes and had his tongue sticking out the side of his mouth.

ahahahahah

although now I'm imagining the sheet over them with that
    arm sticking out
    and it's just as funny.

Langly on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    His parents should show up for the funeral.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    They should put a hole in his casket to accommodate the arm.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nonono, they should build the casket around the arm.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh God, Oh God, here comes the arm.

Langly on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When he is revived he should still have the arm stuck in him. Only, he should be able to control it.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    desc wrote: »

Ares and Nightcrawler in an odd couple horror mini that's one part Hellraiser and one part Big Trouble in Little China. At first they don't get along, but after Kurt's quick teleporting saves Ares, who then uses his brawn to save Kurt, they start talking about their crazy supernatural fathers and bonding.

no we are already doing Kurt and Jean's Bogus Journey

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Who will play the part of Station?

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I would buy two die-cut foil cover copies of Kurt and Jean's Bogus Journey.

desc on
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It looks like he at least did some damage to Bastion, he fell over after the bamf. I don't think elf's plan was to get stabbed, he teleported in to bamf Hope away and Bastion's arm happened to be where he was porting to. isn't that why he never teleports to somewhere out of his line of sight? i think it's a quality death, unfortunate, but like everyone says not unexpected.
    Bastion repairs himself afterward and is fine by the end of the issue.
    Does he really ? Note the Three fingers.

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So basically the X-Men, as drawn by Stan Sakai.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    No, as drawn by Chris Giarrusso (he comes up with everything better and first):

giarrusso-1.jpg

Two birds with one stone.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Batman just looks so annoyed.

"Ugh, God. I told Ted to lose weight. Nothing worse than a goddamn chubbins' corpse.."

Munch on
  • Options
    aaronsedgeaaronsedge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    edit

They ruined his death with this issue. The next Uncanny I mean.

aaronsedge on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Munch wrote: »
    Only if there are some tig ol' bitties on the cover know'm sayin'?
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010

i couldn't figure out what you guys were talking about until i went and looked at the link and i laughed too. the only thing missing is wolverine saying "well you don't see THAT every day".

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    RanadielRanadiel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hope performs her best Keanu Reeves impression on page 8.

I find myself not being able to enjoy the art in this series. Anyone else? A lot of the X-Men look bloated, or that they might have Downs Syndrome.

And yes that corpse looked ridiculous. It looked like it was smiling or about to say "hey what's up guys?"

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ranadiel wrote: »
    Hope performs her best Keanu Reeves impression on page 8.

I find myself not being able to enjoy the art in this series. Anyone else? A lot of the X-Men look bloated, or that they might have Downs Syndrome.

And yes that corpse looked ridiculous. It looked like it was smiling or about to say "hey what's up guys?"

The art isn't great but I don't mind it. The corpse...*snicker* and I would add that none of the characters dialog matches the characters themselves and Hope acts like a total wuss considering she's been raised to be a soldier and her entire life has been a running gun fight in numerous post apocalyptic timelines.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Duke PhillipsDuke Phillips Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think Hope would have probably had a more "shit happens" attitude but also this is her first time being around other mutants that aren't Cable and then this person that she pretty much just met died in front of her to save her (albiet with an arm jutting out of his chest). I'd give her some leeway and hope (guh) that Hope gets some revenge anger boiling and maybe release some crazy awesome mutant ability perhaps.

Duke Phillips on
    PSN/Origin: Grizz359
    Steam: Grizz
    3DS: 4038-6012-7259
    T4CT wrote: »
    everyone deserves space vaginas for christmas
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Also the cover image
    prv5057_pg1.jpg&w=150

Is really dumb. (If you don't want to see the spoiler it has cyclops looking into the sky and shooting his eye beams at full blast in a sort of "nooooooooooooooooooooooo" stance over the body)

It's not like Summers, like, flexes a muscle to shoot his lasers. He just lets the glass down in certain increments. It doesn't make any sense for his to be shooting his eyes into the sky like that, it just makes him look silly.

Langly on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Does Cyclops still have to touch the side of his visor to fire his blasts? He could control it with a hand movement and his gloves when me moved to Australia and fought mutant crocodiles with Mick Dundee, but I think he has to push a button on the side of his head these days, right?

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It always varies.

It used to be just twisting visor, then he had buttons on the palms of his gloves to open up the visor, then in the 90's it was electronic Shi'ar or Forge tech.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Its both. Sometimes he doesn't wear his gloves, in which case he touches his visor. Oh, and he can do some minor telekinesis on the switch as well.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Also the cover image
    prv5057_pg1.jpg&w=150

Is really dumb. (If you don't want to see the spoiler it has cyclops looking into the sky and shooting his eye beams at full blast in a sort of "nooooooooooooooooooooooo" stance over the body)

It's not like Summers, like, flexes a muscle to shoot his lasers. He just lets the glass down in certain increments. It doesn't make any sense for his to be shooting his eyes into the sky like that, it just makes him look silly.

Wasn't that a homage to an old Phoenix saga image? I cant be certain, but I want to say I remember an image like that where he is holding Jean.

ManetherenWolf on