As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Something special to do with the GF [Solved]

TwoQuestionsTwoQuestions Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Today my GF wants me to think of something for us to do that we don't do everyday. Difficulty: we're both broke, and I've never been much of a sentimental guy before starting to date her.

So... when you want to take your lady or man out to do something special, what would you do? Cuz I got nothing.

steam_sig.png
TwoQuestions on

• Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My boyfriend and I will go on a picnic or to a new, different restaurant.

What do you guys usually do and have you had any ideas that you tossed out because you didn't think they were special enough?

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    We've (mostly I've) been too busy with school and work to really do something special. We usually just sit in the house and watch Farscape or Stargate Universe or something.

That picnic idea does sound great though...

TwoQuestions on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    We did two picnics that were big successes. The first we did by a small creek with a little fall. That was very traditional picnic. We brought sandwiches and snacks and a big blanket and laid around relaxing.

For the second we went up to the roof of my apartment building at night because it had a great view of the Boston skyline and we had some nice prosciutto and mozzarella sandwiches with wine and all that. That was a fun one because someone mistook my bf for a burglar and the cops briefly joined our picnic. They declined some pie though.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Step 1. Walk out of the house

Step 2. _________

Step 3. Profit!

Depending on where you live, there's bound to be free cool stuff to do. A lot of museums will have a free/cheap day; for instance the art museum here in Philly's almost free on Sunday and it's a nice way to spend an afternoon. Picnics, walks in the park, even something like bowling or going to a roller skating rink is pretty cheap and fun.

Peen on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    -see if any museums near you have free admission days
    -do the picnic thing
    -do some research on massage and practice on her in a dimly lit room with candles and such
    -cook her something nice you wouldn't normally cook
    -if you are both fit, go for a hike if you have any nice areas relatively nearby
    -laser tag/mini golf/bowling

just use your imagination, what are things you'd find fun to do? don't even try and think of 'dates', just think of things you like to do, and maybe they are things you can spin into a nice night out.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the ideas everybody! We're within walking distance of the park, so a picnic sounds good.

You guys are great, as always.

TwoQuestions on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Go with stuff bel suggested.

Adding to bel's list;

* Bike rides
    * Camping
    * Zoo
    * Maybe go out of town to do something localized, like a zoo or aquarium or something

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A picnic is a good idea, even if you just do it in your house on the living room floor or something.

Pick out a book and read it to her, or take turns reading it to each other. It doesn't have to be a super romantic book, even just a favorite of yours that she hasn't read or vice versa.

Go for a walk, a bike ride, or even a drive to somewhere nearby you've never been.

cabsy on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Picnics and museums are cool.

Do you and your girlfriend enjoy any sports? Or did you when you were younger? You could get all competitive with each other, gets you excited for... other things.

Or I recommend a night adventure climbing/exploring something. I climbed a building with a date not long ago. It was sweet. edit: then we went looking for a limestone mine shaft, but didn't find it. That was fun too.

OnTheLastCastle on
This discussion has been closed.