As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] For The Ages

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Anyone want to star some crafts?

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Like, I have tea and I'm like "meh, wish I had espresso or coffee"

I find the context of tea to be very different than coffee or espresso. I find it comforting and soothing, often with a delicious taste, whereas coffee and espresso are more just DOUBLE AMERICANO ON ICE I NEED CAFFEINE NOW

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Give me tips for initiating a hitting on.

I am to the point of boredom where an interesting thing to do for me right now is to try hitting on random girls.

The important part is the leering. You have to leer like you mean it.

How soon after beginning to talk to them can I start touching them in a way that seems like I mean it to be inconspicuous but it's obviously not? If I do it too soon it will seem like an accident, but if I wait too long then it won't be creepy enough or she'll have already successfully evaded me.

Winky on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

I am to the point of boredom where an interesting thing to do for me right now is to try hitting on random girls.

You've been in D&D long enough to know this. You expose your genitals to demonstrate that you're virile and ready to mate.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am drinking coffee from New Zealand.
    large%20round%20fezman.gif
    I should add, it's very good.

Yes, we pride ourselves on being dicks about coffee and such. How did you get hold of it?

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

How soon after beginning to talk to them can I start touching them in a way that seems like I mean it to be inconspicuous but it's obviously not? If I do it too soon it will seem like an accident, but if I wait too long then it won't be creepy enough or she'll have already successfully evaded me.

You want the element of surprise. So just grab a boob right up front.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Did you get my PM, sir?

Yeah, but I can't listen to music in the computer lab.

I'd love to talk to you on steam, nerd, but my computer is out of commission. I'm going to have to wait for dell to send me a new hard drive.

Sorry to hear about that, man. Did it cost you any money?

Nah, Dell service plan, so they're replacing it for free.

This is, like, the third time in two years.

Winky on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »

You've been in D&D long enough to know this. You expose your genitals to demonstrate that you're virile and ready to mate.

good advice

Arch on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    pic1432_md.jpg

Roads and Boats was so neat. You build a map out of tiles (so there is a lot of replayability) and go about building stuff in each tile that eaither produces raw resources or processes things into more refined stuff. In the end you get points for money (raw gold, which can be processed into coins which can be processed into bank notes, each is worth progressively more).

Each turn you put out new raw materiels / process stuff then use your various transport units to move stuff around. You start with just donkies for transports and can eventually get wagons, trucks, rafts, boats, steamships.

That just looks fucking awfully confusing.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Winky, why do you have to grope them? :(

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, I wish I hadn't bought all those books in Kindle format.

Even though the kindle app works fine on the iPad, the iBooks interface is just worlds better.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I am drinking coffee from New Zealand.
    large%20round%20fezman.gifI should add, it's very good.

Yes, we pride ourselves on being dicks about coffee and such. How did you get hold of it?

My mom's a kiwi. Just got back from visiting family in Auckland and Tasmania - hooked me up with some of this fine bean and a bottle of Tasmanian scotch!

I'm going down in December for hopefully 3 weeks and jesus christ I can't wait.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If your genitals are substandard 'bling-bling' is a valid substitute.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

if I haven't played online yet can I play with you?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2010

No, because that ends the interaction immediately. I need to be as creepy as possible without being directly overt so she'll be forced to interact with me out of politeness as long as possible. Like, I need to really heavily brush across her breasts as we enter the elevator, then continue to talk to her like nothing happened while I stand way too close to her considering the amount of free space available.

Winky on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kagera wrote: »

This is what vajazzling / dickoration are for.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is there any way to view an arbitrary PDF on an iPhone / iPod touch? Perhaps an app?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

No, because that ends the interaction immediately. I need to be as creepy as possible without being directly overt so she'll be forced to interact with me out of politeness as long as possible. Like, I need to really heavily brush across her breasts as we enter the elevator, then continue to talk to her like nothing happened while I stand way too close to her considering the amount of free space available.

See that's why you're always in the friend zone.
    Oh god, I feel so dirty.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Variable wrote: »

if I haven't played online yet can I play with you?

Sure! I'm mad.villain

Just logged on.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I can see vajazzling working but dickoration would seem to just highlight the lack of impressive size.

Kagera on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

kaaaay

anyone esle?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is there any way to view an arbitrary PDF on an iPhone / iPod touch? Perhaps an app?

GoodReader is the main pick for the best one, as I understand

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

What do you mean by arbitrary? The iPhone has a PDF reader that will open if you need to look at one off the web.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I can see vajazzling working but dickoration would seem to just highlight the lack of impressive size.

Gold covers with extensions.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Do some googling on the subject in New Guiniea

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Man, I wish I hadn't bought all those books in Kindle format.

Even though the kindle app works fine on the iPad, the iBooks interface is just worlds better.

*throws the full edition of War & Peace at syndalis*

BUY A REAL BOOK!

WMain00 on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    you people and your starcrafts

James on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I will switch oses

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

What do you mean by arbitrary? The iPhone has a PDF reader that will open if you need to look at one off the web.

I mean one with extensive images not just plain text.

Edit: Senj, thanks I will look into that when I get home.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

kaaaay

anyone esle?

Cool. We can do a 3 FFA unless anyone else wants to jump in.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    GOUSes? Genitals of Unusual Size? I don't believe they exist.

*pounce*

Feral on

• Options
    edited April 2010

See that's why you're always in the friend zone.
    Oh god, I feel so dirty.

Seriously? But I always make sure to make way too many compliments that are uncomfortably specific about a portion of her body that isn't directly sexual. Like "Gosh, your ankles have really excellent curvature. I hardly ever see girls with ankles like those."

Winky on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Good Reader app Senjutsu suggested looks pretty cool though it costs a dollar for the full version.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also enough of this Starcrafts! Download Mechwarrior 4! Either that or somebody find me a key for SC2 beta so I can play.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    i walked in to see my dog letting my aunt pet her

to which i exploded and, pointing at my dog, screamed

YOU WHORE!

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    GOUSes? Genitals of Unusual Size? I don't believe they exist.

*pounce*

:D

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Apparently there's a surgery where guys get their dicks pulled out further or something to increase length.

Like, hoisting the anchor of the cock or something. This is what 14 billion years of stellar expansion has led to. Vajazzling and dick unanchoring.

Kagera on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

GoodReader is the main pick for the best one, as I understand

Only if you plan on doing some serious reading.

If you just want to view a PDF, or read something 10-15 pages or smaller... just email it to yourself. or click on a weblink pointing to it.

Or email a link to the PDF on the web.

Either way.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Like, I have tea and I'm like "meh, wish I had espresso or coffee"

I find the context of tea to be very different than coffee or espresso. I find it comforting and soothing, often with a delicious taste, whereas coffee and espresso are more just DOUBLE AMERICANO ON ICE I NEED CAFFEINE NOW

I agree. Though I do enjoy the taste of coffee, I only drink it in the morning or on occasion after dinner at a restaurant w/ dessert.

Afternoons, however, are dominated by reading and a cup of tea.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Flight 22 is off to Honolulu! Flight 22 is off to Honolulu! Flight 22 is off to Honolulu!

firewaterword on
This discussion has been closed.