As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] For The Ages

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Also enough of this Starcrafts! Download Mechwarrior 4! Either that or somebody find me a key for SC2 beta so I can play.

I am downloading Mechwarrior 4: Mercs!

Together, we will rule the IS!

James on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Starcraft 2? Every time I try to get business done you guys need to play Starcraft 2! I'll play.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What IS this teeth whitening trick discovered by a mom? It's eating placenta, isn't it. Otherwise, why would it matter that she is a mom?

And for that matter, what is the one weird old tip that I can use to reduce my belly fat?

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Like, I have tea and I'm like "meh, wish I had espresso or coffee"

I find the context of tea to be very different than coffee or espresso. I find it comforting and soothing, often with a delicious taste, whereas coffee and espresso are more just DOUBLE AMERICANO ON ICE I NEED CAFFEINE NOW

I agree. Though I do enjoy the taste of coffee, I only drink it in the morning or on occasion after dinner at a restaurant w/ dessert.

Afternoons, however, are dominated by reading and a cup of tea.

Oh man. A warm latte or mocha on a rainy day = so much win

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Starcraft 2? Every time I try to get business done you guys need to play Starcraft 2! I'll play.

Cool!

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Man, I wish I hadn't bought all those books in Kindle format.

Even though the kindle app works fine on the iPad, the iBooks interface is just worlds better.

*throws the full edition of War & Peace at syndalis*

BUY A REAL BOOK!

I got rid of a great many of my real books when I moved to New York; bitches be heavy, and the digital versions are just as good.

I just keep a few sentimental ones around (like The Dark Tower)

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am so getting MW4 this weekend. We should set up a game.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Yessss this is gonna be awesome.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I am drinking coffee from New Zealand.
    large%20round%20fezman.gifI should add, it's very good.

Yes, we pride ourselves on being dicks about coffee and such. How did you get hold of it?

My mom's a kiwi. Just got back from visiting family in Auckland and Tasmania - hooked me up with some of this fine bean and a bottle of Tasmanian scotch!

I'm going down in December for hopefully 3 weeks and jesus christ I can't wait.

Oh cool, so you are one of us then. I don't really have an opinion on Karajoz, as it is an Auckland/upper North Island roaster and I've only tried it incidentally, I do hear very good things about them though. I tend to stick to Wellington or South Island roasters as that is where I used to live. Here is a list that might be of use to you.

I was just back in March/April and totally od'd on coffee, it was pretty great. But it has meant that now when I drink most of the coffee available here in the UK it just tastes like complete rubbish

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WHO THE FUCK CARES IF IT WAS DISCOVERED BY A MOM
    MOMS ARE NOT PRIVY TO SPECIAL MOM KNOWLEDGE
    ANY IDIOT WITH TWO GONADS TO RUB TOGETHER CAN SQUIRT OUT A SPAWN
    GAWD

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Then I completely uinvited snoop on whatever she's doing. I make sure that I do it in some manner that is just slightly teasing "I see that you're texting your little sister suggesting she purchase tampax, how silly, I would never recommend that brand. How old is your sister?"

"Oh, seven? I bet she must have ankles like you."

Winky on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    see, Eddy, I prefer the taste of good espresso to good tea.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Then I completely uinvited snoop on whatever she's doing. I make sure that I do it in some manner that is just slightly teasing "I see that you're texting your little sister suggesting she purchase tampax, how silly, I would never recommend that brand. How old is your sister?"

Why are you doing this

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I just realized that my story consisted of a seven year old girl buying tampax.

Winky on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Why are you doing this

I don't know. I stopped.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

It's all about the Mauler kitted out with 2 clan LBX-AC20s and 2 clan ER Large Lasers.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    GAWD

i love you feral

Arch on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    GAWD

Maybe the trick involves making mouth guards out of strips of the afterbirth.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Like, I have tea and I'm like "meh, wish I had espresso or coffee"

I find the context of tea to be very different than coffee or espresso. I find it comforting and soothing, often with a delicious taste, whereas coffee and espresso are more just DOUBLE AMERICANO ON ICE I NEED CAFFEINE NOW

I agree. Though I do enjoy the taste of coffee, I only drink it in the morning or on occasion after dinner at a restaurant w/ dessert.

Afternoons, however, are dominated by reading and a cup of tea.

Oh man. A warm latte or mocha on a rainy day = so much win

Yeah but introducing rain is such a huge variable that it was implied I was talking about something else. Lying on the couch with a book while drinking tea with the sun coming through your window is simply the best.

Also, of course, winter doesn't count towards any of this because snow + mocha = win.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Did you miss the part where I was bored?

Have you guys seriously never encountered/witnessed this guy on the bus/elevator/on campus?

Winky on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am drinking coffee from New Zealand.
    large%20round%20fezman.gifI should add, it's very good.

Yes, we pride ourselves on being dicks about coffee and such. How did you get hold of it?

My mom's a kiwi. Just got back from visiting family in Auckland and Tasmania - hooked me up with some of this fine bean and a bottle of Tasmanian scotch!

I'm going down in December for hopefully 3 weeks and jesus christ I can't wait.

Oh cool, so you are one of us then. I don't really have an opinion on Karajoz, as it is an Auckland/upper North Island roaster and I've only tried it incidentally, I do hear very good things about them though. I tend to stick to Wellington or South Island roasters as that is where I used to live. Here is a list that might be of use to you.

I was just back in March/April and totally od'd on coffee, it was pretty great. But it has meant that now when I drink most of the coffee available here in the UK it just tastes like complete rubbish

Right on! The south island is my favorite place on earth. Spend a month traveling around down there three years ago, rafting every river I could possibly raft.

Best month of my life.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited April 2010

It's all about the Mauler kitted out with 2 clan LBX-AC20s and 2 clan ER Large Lasers.

Flamer Puma with jump jets! Flamer Puma with jump jets!

(I have not played a mech game since 3).

James on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What IS this teeth whitening trick discovered by a mom? It's eating placenta, isn't it. Otherwise, why would it matter that she is a mom?

And for that matter, what is the one weird old tip that I can use to reduce my belly fat?

Dysentery

Dysentery was how they lost weight fast in days of yore

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Winky you so ege.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Cholera!
    (bouncing here and there and everywhere
    wild adventures that are beyond compare
    he has the cholera!)

Feral on

• Options
    edited April 2010

Have you guys seriously never encountered/witnessed this guy on the bus/elevator/on campus?

People like that deserve to be kicked in the face.

James on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Liposuction using lasers? Intriguing!

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Definitely. Seems to be working fine both single and multiplayer. Not got my resolution right but I can live with that.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Maybe the trick involves making mouth guards out of strips of the afterbirth.

Cold placenta sandwiches. :9

Feral on

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Winky you so ege.

I don't know what you intend to imply.

I mean, except how I understand that rape can't be used as torture. That's preposterous. (I mean unless it's a guy obviously)

Winky on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

You're seriously considering groping people and creeping them out for kicks?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    O.K. I was being mean to Newfies earlier, so I had to go track down this story to even the score;

It is a famous story so you may have heard it... but if not:

http://forums.wildbillguarnere.com/index.php?showtopic=4325

So, U.S. Navy ship is wrecked off the coast of Newfoundland. The Newfies spring in to action and start rescuing as many people as they can, and then this happens:
    "
    Mr. PHILLIPS: And when we got ashore, I said, `Well, I made it here. I may as well die,' you know. So I just laid down there on the beach and I closed my eyes to die, you know. This is the end. And this fellow came and he said, `Get him up. Don't let him lie there.' He said, `Pick him up.' He said, `He'll surely die if he lays there.' He said, `Walk him around.' So he pulled me up, and he had on a cap and a coat. I knew he wasn't Navy, and he began to walk me around, and from there he brought life to me. I said, `Man, here's a white person wants me to live,' you know. If I had been in Georgia, they'd say, `Kick him out of the way,' you know, `Let's help these white people.' Then I think I passed out.

Ms. EDWARDS: They took them to the--well, there was a temporary first-aid station erected and, of course, the call came to the women, all the women of the place to go out to clean them. And that's where the story came in at Lanier. Now there's a little funny story. See, he was there among all the other survivors. The ladies were cleaning them up and scrubbing them up, because they were covered with tar, with this oil stuff, this crude oil. They were so filthy, every part of them had to be washed. So when he opened his eyes...

Mr. PHILLIPS: I could see these white ladies all around. There I was, stark naked, on this table. And I heard one of the ladies say, `This is the curliest hair I've ever seen.' I said, `Oh, boy, this is the end of me,' you know. I said, `Hell, they're going to say, "Get him out of here. He's black,"' you know. And then she said...

Ms. EDWARDS: `This poor fellow. The tar went right into his pores. I'm scrubbing and scrubbing and I can't get him clean.'

Mr. PHILLIPS: And when I spoke up, she said, `I can't get it'--I said, `Well, you can't get it off. It's the color of the skin.'

Ms. EDWARDS: And she said, `Oh, I'll get it off, all right,' and so she continued to scrub. And Violet White, but she's dead now, she had never seen a black man before. So, I mean, she didn't differentiate. She just thought he was a white man with the black into his pores so bad she couldn't get it out.

Mr. PHILLIPS: And I was thinking, `Oh, boy, they're going to lynch me. Here I am.' If I had been in Georgia, they would have ran those white women out of town and maybe lynched me for letting them bathe me, you know.

Ms. EDWARDS: And, of course, when the men were taking them out to the different homes, she said, `Bring him to my home.' So that evening then she prepared supper. I mean, he was amazed that he ate with the family and he drank out of china cups, the same as the family.

Mr. PHILLIPS: And they put me in the bed, and this lady, she would come in and say, `Are you warm? Are you all right?' and she did this the remainder of the night. I didn't go to sleep anymore because I was still afraid. I didn't know where I was or what was going to happen to me. But then I kept asking myself, `Did I die, you know, and I went to heaven or--what's going on?'
    "

I love this story.

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    James wrote: »

Flamer Puma with jump jets! Flamer Puma with jump jets!

(I have not played a mech game since 3).

I like 4 a lot better. Precicely because they ditched the tabletop system for construction / weapon damage.

That system was entirely based upon the assumption that you miss most of the time and can never aim at a specific component on a mech (and that certain components are way less likely to be hit than others).

When you remove that underlying assumption (because the player is aiming their weapons) it makes the entire system really stupid.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    James wrote: »

People like that deserve to be kicked in the face.

It's delicious. You have to seriously be trying to be that incredibly creepy.

Winky on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Winky you so ege.

I don't know what you intend to imply.

I mean, except how I understand that rape can't be used as torture. That's preposterous. (I mean unless it's a guy obviously)

it hurts

your joke i mean

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

Dysentery

Dysentery was how they lost weight fast in days of yore

Seriously in third grade I had really bad food poisoning and lost like 15lbs in two weeks...

...raw chicken, I'll be having you for dinner tonight.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Winky, that is really terrible behavior. :(

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

You're seriously considering groping people and creeping them out for kicks?

O_o

Winky on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nerd of course not.

Geeze.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You mentioned that you were going to grope people as a joke, and I assumed you were kidding at first.

Nerdgasmic on
This discussion has been closed.