As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] For The Ages

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    winky's lying

he's going to do it

sick motherfucker

we need to get dwayne "the rock" johnson in here to take this crazy sonnuvabitch down

Organichu on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    You mentioned that you were going to grope people as a joke, and I assumed you were kidding at first.

Of course I was.

My god. Who do you think I am?

Winky on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    You mentioned that you were going to grope people as a joke, and I assumed you were kidding at first.

Of course I was.

me, presumably

Organichu on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

Of course I was.

Winky.

Nerdgasmic on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

Of course I was.

me, presumably

All walkin' around in public with your heat hangin' out.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

Of course I was.

me, presumably

I was going to make this joke, but you have been having a rough time lately and I didn't want to hurt you when you were down, hoss. :(

Nerdgasmic on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Is a solid black suit appropriate business attire in the US?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    mmmm large lasers

steadily turning an enemy mech into molten scrap

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Of course I was.

Winky.

Nerd, you owe me a new keyboard.

Thomamelas on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Duck Season 2 is a pretty timeless mixtape.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Res wrote: »

No, not generally speaking. A solid black suit is typically considered formalwear. (Weddings, funerals, extremely formal occasions like a charity gala, etc.)

A black suit with pin-stripes or a charcoal gray suit are okay, though.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited April 2010
    When I say that I thought you were Winky I didn't mean that I normally think of you as someone who goes around groping people. I just meant that I didn't think you were anyone but winky.

Nerdgasmic on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    James wrote: »
    Did you miss the part where I was bored?

Have you guys seriously never encountered/witnessed this guy on the bus/elevator/on campus?

People like that deserve to be kicked in the face.

It's delicious. You have to seriously be trying to be that incredibly creepy.

You realize that unwanted sexual touching is criminal behaviour (we call it sexual assault).

If you're not doing that, you're still being pretty scummy for making these women feel as though they may soon become a victim of sexual assault.

James on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »

No, not generally speaking. A solid black suit is typically considered formalwear. (Weddings, funerals, extremely formal occasions like a charity gala, etc.)

Is there any type of business in which formalwear might be indistinguishable from business attire?

Other than hosting weddings and funerals

Note that I'm only asking this question to prove a point because a friend of mine is sperging about this

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Feral wrote: »

Is there any type of business in which formalwear might be indistinguishable from business attire?

Other than hosting weddings and funerals

Perhaps if you modelled formalwear.

James on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The world of cycling is shocked. Shocked. By this:
    12725584747611d47iewgsy.jpg

Sometimes I forget that this is a sport with a fanbase of middle-aged, upper-middle class white guys. And then I'm forcefully reminded.

japan on
    edited April 2010
    nooo

the site for downloading mw4 is down!

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited April 2010

Have you guys seriously never encountered/witnessed this guy on the bus/elevator/on campus?

You realize that unwanted sexual touching is criminal behaviour (we call it sexual assault).

If you're not doing that, you're still being pretty scummy for making these women feel as though they may soon become a victim of sexual assault.

I don't think anyone understands what I was doing here.

Winky on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    nooo

the site for downloading mw4 is down!

http://www.mektek.net/mtx/beta/SetupMTX1.0.1.7.exe

WMain00 on
    edited April 2010
    no wait found another

awrite

so is there any single player in this too?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited April 2010
    japan wrote: »

Sometimes I forget that this is a sport with a fanbase of middle-aged, upper-middle class white guys. And then I'm forcefully reminded.

I don't get it.

Nerdgasmic on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

You took the joke just a few steps too far.

Thomamelas on
  • SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just won my first SC2 game, I'M SO PUMPED!

Sparvy on
    edited April 2010

I'm just sitting here baffled at the thought that people might think you're serious

or what they're doing if they don't

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited April 2010

I don't get it.

It's an insulting gesture. Like flipping the bird.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2010

I don't get it.

He is making an obscene* gesture, Nerd.

*Note: not actually obscene

EDIT: Oh wait, is giving someone the forks not a thing in the US?

japan on
    edited April 2010

I don't get it.

Nope, it's not.

Thomamelas on
    edited April 2010

I don't get it.

It's occasionally meant to represent a vagina.

Winky on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have come to the conclusion that being poor sucks and I am happier with money in my bank account.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited April 2010
    Is tomorrow a good day for trying the "drink 24 beers in 24 hours" knot?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    People took Winky seriously.

Hahaha, people.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

You took the joke just a few steps too far.

Puh-lease.

Seriously, though, have you guys ever witnessed these guys who are so fucking creepy it's unbearable? I've been on the bus when someone like this has been talking to some girl nearby. It's not like you can do anything, because they're not doing anything, they're just being so incredibly uncomfortable.

Winky on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Nope, it's not.

Hmm, you learn something every day. Urban myth has it that it comes from mocking people by showing that you still have the fingers necessary to draw your bow.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited April 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Nope, it's not.

Hmm, you learn something every day. Urban myth has it that it comes from mocking people by showing that you still have the fingers necessary to draw your bow.

this is wrong

not people, the french

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited April 2010
    Wiki has a good illustrative example of the power of the vicky:
    On April 3, 2009, Scottish football players Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor were permanently banned from the Scottish national squad for showing the V sign while sitting on the bench during the game against Iceland. Both players had been in their hotel bar drinking alcohol after the Scottish defeat to Holland until around 11 am the next morning, meaning that both of the players breached the SFA discipline code before the incident as well, but the attitude shown by the V sign was considered to be so rude that the SFA decided never to include these players in the national line-up again. Ferguson also lost the captaincy of Rangers as a result of the controversy.

It is sufficiently offensive that it destroyed the international careers of two professional footballers, and also that of their manager.

japan on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's been a busy day [chat]

I'm ready for the weekend.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    edited April 2010

Puh-lease.

Seriously, though, have you guys ever witnessed these guys who are so fucking creepy it's unbearable? I've been on the bus when someone like this has been talking to some girl nearby. It's not like you can do anything, because they're not doing anything, they're just being so incredibly uncomfortable.

I've seen it plenty of times. And I'm the one that started the line of joking. But the seven year old sister thing was just really creepy.

Thomamelas on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wiki has a good illustrative example of the power of the vicky:
    On April 3, 2009, Scottish football players Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor were permanently banned from the Scottish national squad for showing the V sign while sitting on the bench during the game against Iceland. Both players had been in their hotel bar drinking alcohol after the Scottish defeat to Holland until around 11 am the next morning, meaning that both of the players breached the SFA discipline code before the incident as well, but the attitude shown by the V sign was considered to be so rude that the SFA decided never to include these players in the national line-up again. Ferguson also lost the captaincy of Rangers as a result of the controversy.

It is sufficiently offensive that it destroyed the international careers of two professional footballers, and also that of their manager.

oh hey thats my birthday last year and I thought nothing interesting happened

Arch on
    edited April 2010
    so all I do is install mw4: mercenaries from MTX and along comes all the new mechs and features of the mektek pack?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I had no idea that was a thing, Japan.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.