As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NES game that had a lot of other games on it

XenoXeno Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
You know those NES games that had lots of other little games on it? Like Action 52. I remember this one I used to play with my neighbour all the time. I don't remember a lot of the games, but I know one that was 2 players, kinda like mario, except you were elephants shooting peanuts, killing badguys. I think that was it at least. This was a long ass time ago. If you guys don't know, is there a list of these NES games that I could look through and figure out for myself? There shouldn't be too many.

Thanks guys.

Xeno on

• Vater5BVater5B Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I believe the elephant game you are looking for is CJ's Elephant Antics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CJ's_Elephant_Antics

As for the compilation cart, I can't help you.

Vater5B on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XenoXeno Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Damn you're good.

That was it. Not sure why I thought it was on a compilation cart. That brings back some memories.

Thanks man!

Xeno on
  • MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The multi carts were bootlegs.

MushroomStick on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    I had a multicart sports game that required you to actually flip a switch on the back of it to swap games.

I asked my mom to buy it for me. I think it was something like 30 dollars. Off of QVC. Immediately after that they showed Action 52 and it was something like 80 bucks. I felt ripped off that they'd show the game with only 4 games first. My mom refused to call and change the order.

Years later I realized how lucky I was.

Anyone know the name of the NES game with 4 sports games in one? One was BMX. That's all I really remember.

Sheep on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    I had a multicart sports game that required you to actually flip a switch on the back of it to swap games.

I asked my mom to buy it for me. I think it was something like 30 dollars. Off of QVC. Immediately after that they showed Action 52 and it was something like 80 bucks. I felt ripped off that they'd show the game with only 4 games first. My mom refused to call and change the order.

Years later I realized how lucky I was.

Anyone know the name of the NES game with 4 sports games in one? One was BMX. That's all I really remember.

California Games.

Doc on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    When I was younger I had one of the more common bootlegs, it had 31 in 1 and attached to the cartridge was a blue ribbon. It had games like Popeye, Macross, Galaga and some others that pretty darn good really, always enjoyed Battle City against another and there was this fun WII air plane game I believe.

Back then none of us knew what bootlegs were but back then to run across something like that and actually have some good stuff on it was amazing.

Cade on