As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Canadian Supertrip 2007

• Options
    ArkleyArkley Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hey guys, kinda new here and I really want to visit PAX this year.

Taking time off work is no problem, as I have Vacation time I need to book, if not I can always quit:P . I've registered (earlybird FTW!) and am now playing the waiting game.

However, I would like to meet up with the CTS. I am in Surrey, BC, but I have no problem getting to any waypoint within the lower Mainland, so I can meet up in downtown Vancouver, Richmond, Delta, etc.

I'll be 20 by then, but I can always LOOK older.

I will have plenty of spending money then, so splitting gas will be fine. Also, I would love to crash with someone else at a hotel if that is possible.

Arkley on
  • Options
    Enigma KahnEnigma Kahn Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have group of 4 (possibly) going down, now, if that all that is leaving from Edmonton, we are full, but if 1-2 more people are needing a ride, we can possibly talk about leaving Edmonton in a rental van, and if we got two more poeple "total 6" we could rent a mini van for around 100 bucks a peice, plus gas, which would already be an expence, then we would have tons of room for computers, tho we may need to get a roof rack, but we'll see

Enigma Kahn on
  • Options
    MCBMCB Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    I'm(2 of us) also coming from edmonton. Unfortunetly, we will only be offering rides to sexy ladies!:P

MCB on
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I just did another roster update, with the new people who've shown interest.

If anyone is still looking to put a roomshare together for their CST group, I'd suggest checking out the Days Inn. It's the cheapest walking-distance option at the moment, and if you have a full room, it'll be really cheap for everyone.

b0wser on
  • Options
    ArkleyArkley Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oops, sorry, forgot all about my contact info.

I can be reached at AndrewAtkinson1 at yahoo.ca and my MSN is AndrewAtkinson1 at hotmail.com

Arkley on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    MCB wrote: »
    I'm(2 of us) also coming from edmonton. Unfortunetly, we will only be offering rides to sexy ladies!:P

yah that totally makes me interested. :|

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    KashKash Registered User new member
    edited April 2007
    I would be able to go, the only problem is I don't drive / have a passport. Though, I could probably snag me a passport quick eh?

Kash on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I'd recommend getting the Passport application process going as soon as possible.

b0wser on
  • Options
    KashKash Registered User new member
    edited April 2007
    I will get right on that.

Oh and, unless there's a way to get a ride from someone here (which would be akward as fuck considering I don't know anyone here) I might be able to get my friend to pick me up and drive us down there.

Kash on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The point of a supertrip is to meet new gamers! Revel in it!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    It's not impossible to find rides, that's for sure. That's one of the goals of putting the trip together, working the logistics so everyone can make it.

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    im sure it wil get easier as the date nears and more people join up.

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Sumi wrote: »
    im sure it wil get easier as the date nears and more people join up.

yes, especially since I've focused my recruiting efforts specifically on getting more Edmonton action on the Supertrip.

b0wser on
  • Options
    Squall247Squall247 Registered User new member
    edited April 2007
    Hey guys, me and a friend are planning on making the trip to PAX this year, tearing across the number 1. We're from Winnipeg, but it would be awsome if we could meet up with you guys. Also, we may be able to pick someone else up, but I'm not sure about that, as I'm not sure if my buddy would be coll with that. I guess the only issue would be trying to catch up with everyone in Calgary at the right time.

Squall247 on
    I'm doing this as hard as I can.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    that would be one hell of an awesome linkup, so I'll do my best to accomodate that meeting. do you know what your travel time will be between Winnipeg and Calgary? if you can figure that out, I'll be able to suggest a proportional departure time so you'll be able to link with the rest of the group.

awesome, duders!

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    well, so far, we only have 2 confirm for us, and we are looking at renting a van, cause you know, comfort and space are nice, we want to kep it six or under, yea, you can fit more, but then that whole comfort thing kind goes down hill, and it works out to about 100 per person + gas, soo, if anyone want, lemme know, also if we need to pick someone up in calgarey, it can be done, i know the place well enough and want to stop for lunch with family

Enigma Kahn on
  • Options
    YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You can go ahead and star me up on the roster. I'm pre-reg'd. (I even booked the time off at work already, hehe)

And unless things change much more than I'd like them to, I'll be driving down there too (unless someone else in kelowna or thereabouts wants to take over). So I can take one or two people with me. My plan so far was to head out thursday morning, sorta earlyish (8 or 9am), and then leave Seattle about the same time (maybe a lil later) on monday.

I'm not averse to picking up people in the Vancouver area, but my happiness/sanity rating is defintely inversely proportional to the amount of driving I have to do in that place. :P

email if ya have questions or wanna put yer name on a seat. (expect to pay for gas): yuritau at gmail

Yuritau on
  • Options
    Mender_07Mender_07 Registered User new member
    edited April 2007
    So I am thinking, and at this point in time that's all it is is thinking, that I wouldn't mind heading down to PAX. Here's the thing. I live up north, and I mean up north in BC. If anyone around Ft. St. John, or even living along the route south towards Vancouver is interested in joining this managerie, drop me a msg here and we'll go from there. If I can find enough people who want to fill seats, it might be worth my while.

Cheers

Mender_07 on
  • Options
    CaptainSpadgeCaptainSpadge Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Alright, I have some more concrete information on the party I'll be traveling with:

Driver: Oto Koukal
    Vehicle: Rent-a-RV
    Passengers: 6 (could maybe take one or two more, I haven't seen the seating configuration.)
    Waypoint: Kamloops

I know a guy in Calgary who wants to ride with us, but he'd need a ride to Kamloops. I'm not going to request for any of you to give him a ride based on 'a guy that I know' though so I'll get him on here so that he can work out a deal with someone.

CaptainSpadge on
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Alright, I have some more concrete information on the party I'll be traveling with:

Driver: Oto Koukal
    Vehicle: Rent-a-RV
    Passengers: 6 (could maybe take one or two more, I haven't seen the seating configuration.)
    Waypoint: Kamloops

I know a guy in Calgary who wants to ride with us, but he'd need a ride to Kamloops. I'm not going to request for any of you to give him a ride based on 'a guy that I know' though so I'll get him on here so that he can work out a deal with someone.

an rv?! screw the ccst, i wanna join up with you!!!! although gas would be a major bitch.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    an RV? that thing is almost guaranteed to get stopped for a thorough searching at the border.

b0wser on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    b0wser wrote: »
    an RV? that thing is almost guaranteed to get stopped for a thorough searching at the border.

spread your cheeks and lift your sac style?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Well, that's just the current incarnation of the plan, we may have to just split up into two cars. I was just thinking about it after the initial excitement wore off, and I don't think there would be anywhere near PAX to actually park the thing. For now I can keep the dream alive though~

CaptainSpadge on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    essentially. being that it's a holiday weekend and they'll probably have a lot of RVs going through, the chances might not be so high. I'll have a Supertrip information package and vehicle roster for the border guards when we cross, so that should help things go smoothly. I'm really close to the Sumas border crossing anyway, so I might even go talk to them a few days in advance.

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    well, at this point, mini van is out the window, seeing as the response im getting in my home town, gimme till the end of the month and i'll have a definitive number, but im looking at 8 people in a full size van. if more com in that, we'll also be looking at a u-haul trailer :P

Enigma Kahn on
  • Options
    de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Just thought I'd update - I'm gonna be needing a fair amount of cargo space (6000 points of 40k Orks takes up a lot of space)

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Just thought I'd mention, At the waypoint in abbotsford they have DDR :D so you all better bring your dancin shoes ;)

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, I made a good selection on that stop. Castle Fun Park is right off the highway, and it'll be perfect to allow both a good break for those who've been driving for the long haul, and a nice warmup introduction to the weekend. It's not the greatest of locations, but it's really the best Abbotsford has to offer for our purposes.

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Just thought I'd mention, At the waypoint in abbotsford they have DDR :D so you all better bring your dancin shoes ;)

great idea, everybody get all sweatted up playing ddr then jump back into their cars for another long leg of car travel!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Think of it as a deoderant test. If they have it, they won't be a social reject in your car or at PAX. If not, you still have a chance to pick some up.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • Options
    Mo1sonMo1son Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Guess I'm a group leader now, since I got a car, and I will be driving.?

Group Leader: Colin (mo1son)
    Waypoint: Richmond (Lansdowne??)
    Vehicle: Pilot of a 1996 Civic.
    Other Riders: Meghan (Waz) Ian, and Andrew (Andwarf).
    Contact: cjochimski@gmail.com or norcoholic@hotmail.com(msn)

Mo1son on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

great idea, everybody get all sweatted up playing ddr then jump back into their cars for another long leg of car travel!

That is exactly what I'm going to be doing :D

The pads on that machine make me sad in the pants though. It wasn't even really possible to attempt any tens on it last time I went.

And actually related to the trip: I haven't been in contact with b0wser except for one PM, but if he still needs me for the Kamloops waypoint captain, I'm totally up to the task. I even bought a megaphone and am looking for any excuse to use it :P

Also, I can make a quick movie of driving from the edge of the city to the waypoint for anyone who hasn't made the trip before. I know that PAX is a while away, but I'm getting pretty excited already. Anything I can do now to help this thing happen without a hitch, I would be stoked to do~

If anyone wants to contact me, I'm at captainspadge@gmail.com and that works on msn messenger as well.

CaptainSpadge on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    well, we're down to only 4 months away. next pax is now about twice as close as pax06 to us (we've made it so far!!!)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I don't even really know what sort of duties would go along with being a waypoint captain, haha. If you want the job, it's yours.

Mainly, I think it's just a matter of being at the meeting location before the incoming caravan arrives. Getting the local people in gear and on-time falls into that too, I'd think-- although the scheduling and itinerary aren't finished yet. Right now, I think recruiting is the primary task.

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Can someone figure out what times we are going to be needing to be at each stop over? i need to start looking into rentals ect, and for some strange reason they want dates for that....its madness i tell you

Enigma Kahn on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    that's the current task at hand, the itinerary will be reverse-engineered from desired approximate arrival in Seattle.

the travel times in between each point are the only substantial thing in the way of an almost complete Canadian Supertrip at the moment.

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Estimate upwards. Google's pretty accurate, but stuff happens.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    A suggestion, if I may. Post a gigantic passport notice three months beforehand (becuase that's about how long it takes to get passports), and flat-out refuse to allow anybody onboard who doesn't have theirs.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Just out of curiosity, is there an expected age for this Canuck Convoy?
    I'm 16 myself, and I'm going to be in Vancouver during the summer, and therefore, PAX. Is there any problem with that?

Ranx on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    That would suggest that you're looking for the "Needs a Ride" section?

We're still abiding by legal drinking ages and all, but otherwise ages are not of any conflict that has been discussed.

b0wser on
This discussion has been closed.