As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

About the Monkey Den

KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACKInternetModerator mod
The influx of new users rushing in here to spew off their first post is semi-problematic. These topics are pushing actual issues further down and off the page.

Suggestions for improvement?
Possibly a name change- The Monkey Den sounds like a place to hang out and be silly
Moved to a seperate section- Maybe to it's own category near the bottom, like it used to be, rather than being the very first forum lumped together with the OT forums
Tool-tip description- It's clean looking, but having the forum description as a tooltip means 98%* of people aren't going to see it.

I dunno, just some ideas.

*Statistic pulled straight from ass

Knob on

• Options
    XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    any way to just not let new users make topics in the monkey den for at least a couple days?

Xieflow on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2005
    You know, this probably should have been made in the mod forum. However, seeing as it has been discussed there countless times and the conclusion to it was always that the admins didn't want anything changed, moving it there would probably be fruitless.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited October 2005
    FAUrrego wrote:
    You know, this probably should have been made in the mod forum. However, seeing as it has been discussed there countless times and the conclusion to it was always that the admins didn't want anything changed, moving it there would probably be fruitless.

Yeah, but regular users can't voice their opinion about it there.

Here they can.

Knob on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I think putting the monkey den in its own category below the on-topic forums would help much

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Knob wrote:
    Possibly a name change- The Monkey Den sounds like a place to hang out and be silly
    Moved to a seperate section- Maybe to it's own category near the bottom, like it used to be, rather than being the very first forum lumped together with the OT forums

Yes.

Zodiac Brave on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Actually, I like it where it is. It's a good filter, to catch the cream of the crop of retards, who read absolutely none of the rules. This way, they don't have time to spread to other forums and spew their crap.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I like it where it is as well, and as matthasaproblem said it catches a lot o dumbasses so's you guys have early warning for who should be watched...

How about instead of locking a thread like the JT ones, just delete them, PM the OP and threaten castration, and call it a day. That way real topics stay where they should be, and the others are just plain ole gone.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Or insta-ban any just joined poster who's obviously not read the rules.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    Or insta-ban any just joined poster who's obviously not read the rules.
    :^: I think I read each Forum's rules before I posted anywhere here. But that's only because I had lurked in SE++ first and saw that everyone there was/is a rabid hungry polar bear that would rip my nuts off (castration mentioned in both my posts now) if I dared not follow the rules.

So maybe I should suggest a lovely mixture of letting Jordyn, J. Grant, Knee Jerk, and Defender all have a go at the new kids before they get to post anywhere. :) Just make the n00bz forum only available to people just signing up. After they take the verbal beating from those above, then they can go elsewhere...

worst. idea. evar.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2005
    Actually, I like it where it is. It's a good filter, to catch the cream of the crop of retards, who read absolutely none of the rules. This way, they don't have time to spread to other forums and spew their crap.

That really makes sense considering this:
    Knob wrote:
    The influx of new users rushing in here to spew off their first post is semi-problematic. These topics are pushing actual issues further down and off the page.

Explain how letting idiots spew shit would solve that problem.

The only to do that would be to just delete those threads, but that is a lot of unnecessary work when there are other viable solutions.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    Geebs wrote:
    The only to do that would be to just delete those threads, but that is a lot of unnecessary work when there are other viable solutions.
    1)How is clicking "Delete" a lot of unnecessary work?
    2)Thanks for mentioning these other viable solutions.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Place it in it's own section on top of all the other forums so that it gets the distinction of having it's own catagory as well as the viewability of being the forum at the top. Name it's own catagory "The Admin Zone" or something of equal value without such a horky name. Place a ALL CAPS thread at the top with the title of "DO NOT POST INTRO THREADS HERE" or "READ THE ENCLOSED RULES BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING" or "DROP THE FUCKING MOUSE AND LISTEN UP". Can Admin up the Font Size of the title of that thread.....and make it blinking.....or something.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Knob wrote:

Tool-tip description- It's clean looking, but having the forum description as a tooltip means 98%* of people aren't going to see it.

I made this is exact, EXACT same thread like a couple of months ago and I was flamed out of town.

HMMMM

Jasconius on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2005
    Jasconius wrote:
    Knob wrote:

I made this is exact, EXACT same thread like a couple of months ago and I was flamed out of town.

HMMMM

we like knob more than you.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Jasconius wrote:
    Knob wrote:

HMMMM
    Perhaps you missed the part where PA changed it's name to the 'No Jasonicus Club."

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2005
    Geebs wrote:
    1)How is clicking "Delete" a lot of unnecessary work?
    2)Thanks for mentioning these other viable solutions.
    1) It is unnecssary because it shouldn't need to be taken care of.
    2) Those other viable solutions were already mentioned by Knob.

Seriously, using a forum intended for actual issues and tech problems about the site as a filter to catch idiotic new registrees is not a viable solution. G&T and SE can handle the shit from new users because most of the time there is a mod available to deal with it, and the forums move fast enough to push those crap threads down the page.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited October 2005
    The Cat wrote:
    Jasconius wrote:
    Knob wrote:

HMMMM

we like knob more than you.

:O

<3

Knob on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    Miscellaneous threatening comment.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2005
    Jasconius wrote:
    IS YOUR NAME KNOB

I DIDN'T THINK SO

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    Jasconius wrote:
    IS YOUR NAME KNOB

I DIDN'T THINK SO

WHAT IF IT IS KNOB IN REAL LIFE AND YOU DONT KNOW BECAUSE YOU CANT POSSIBLY KNOW THAT

OH HO HO!

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    Jasconius wrote:
    Jasconius wrote:
    IS YOUR NAME KNOB

I DIDN'T THINK SO

WHAT IF IT IS KNOB IN REAL LIFE AND YOU DONT KNOW BECAUSE YOU CANT POSSIBLY KNOW THAT

OH HO HO!

ACTUALLY I KNOW IT BECAUSE I'M A MOD AND AS A MOD I CAN CHECK IPs AND YOU ARE NOWHERE CLOSE TO KNOB

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    I think he meant "What if his parents named him Knob?"

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    Oh, true.

Yeah.

He's got me there.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Why not make a 'Hi I'm New!' forum, and instaban anyone who posts there? :winky:

Idiotic spewing cut down, Monkey Den safe.

Rohaq on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    Oh, true.

Yeah.

He's got me there.

flawless victory

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    Jasconius wrote:
    Oh, true.

Yeah.

He's got me there.

flawless victory
    hahahahaaa!
    Yatta!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Rohaq wrote:
    Why not make a 'Hi I'm New!' forum, and instaban anyone who posts there? :winky:

Better yet, why dont we make a "Hi, I'm new" forum and instaban anyone that posts there. I think that'd work better.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Rohaq wrote:

Better yet, why dont we make a "Hi, I'm new" forum and instaban anyone that posts there. I think that'd work better.
    What? ó_O

Rohaq on
  • Options
    edited October 2005
    Rohaq wrote:
    Rohaq wrote:

What? ó_O

Essentially, white people.

Jasconius on