As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Airline Laws/Rules

WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm leaving on a flight to the UK on Tuesday, I'm taking my laptop with me for the trip. I know there are rules about yelling bomb and whatnot on a flight or in the airport, but what about if I was watching a movie on my laptop? Would I get in trouble for a movie that had a plane crash in it, or guns in it?

Basically I'm wanting to watch Gonzo, Hunter S. Thompson's biography, but know he was a bit of a gun fan. If I just watch it on my laptop with headphones in am I likely to get told off?

Wezoin on

• RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You should be fine.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nudity is the only thing i know they get sketchy on. Esp. if you are in coach on an american airline.

If you are in business or above you are usually golden.

Foreign airlines don't care. They show unedited movies on the in-flight.

useless4 on
  • WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Alright - its kind of unimportant now since I just realised my camera and laptop together put my hand luggage overweight so I wont be taking my laptop - but its good to know none the less.

I figured it could be seen as trying to insight panic or fear or something like that.

Wezoin on
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Headphones

Problem solved

SmokeStacks on
  • GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Wezoin wrote: »
    Alright - its kind of unimportant now since I just realised my camera and laptop together put my hand luggage overweight so I wont be taking my laptop - but its good to know none the less.

I figured it could be seen as trying to insight panic or fear or something like that.

I've never seen any airline actually check the weight of carry-on luggage that doesn't look like you're carrying a sack full of lead onto the plane

Gdiguy on
  • AndeAnde Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    As long as it fits either in the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of you, they don't check carry-on luggage.

Headphones and you can watch what ever you want.

Ande on
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    While that may be true, what will he do if he gets his carryon there, and they tell him it is over the weight limit? Better to play it safe than risk your laptop.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    He will then move all of his uncheckables into one bag, and check the other bag. I've had to do that sometimes going to and coming from PAX, because I bring way too much stuff to loan to Console Freeplay.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Headphones

Problem solved

Really this is also a requirement for the "don't be a dick" rule on planes.

Javen on
  • WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I figured I could probably get away with it - but at the same time I'm not risking my laptop and I was only really going to take it so I could offload pictures from my camera - an extra SD card has solved this issue.

3 weeks without a computer? It will do me good!

Wezoin on