As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Supernatural]: This is why we can't have nice things, Sam.

• Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    What I said makes complete sense. More sense than your "crowley said it was the colt" thing.

Since he didn't.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It was a different colt. Bobby's got a double-action Colt Peacemaker; the "iconic" Western one. The boys have a...single-action Colt Navy, I think.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's a Colt Paterson and I still think it was the colt. I guess we'll find out.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This is the Colt:

29547_6c3c4a65-cf87-4352-83ef-c32f78fa72a5-colt2.jpg

This is the gun Bobby shot Crowley with:

2q3du3b.jpg

Bobby's gun is not the Colt.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thankfully we can let that rest now.

But yeah definitely not the colt.

The boys no doubt have it packed away in the back of their car with the rest of their gear.

Cade on
  • Options
    MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Actually I think its sitting in the field where satan laughed at them for using it.

MrIamMe on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    No Dean held onto it, you can see him holding it after he hits the tree and falls.

Cade on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah... that's pretty clear.

Apologies to all. Except DarkWarrior. For some reason.
    ... and an apology to DarkWarrior

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey buddy, we cool.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Reznik wrote: »
    This is the Colt:

29547_6c3c4a65-cf87-4352-83ef-c32f78fa72a5-colt2.jpg

This is the gun Bobby shot Crowley with:

2q3du3b.jpg

Bobby's gun is not the Colt.
    Hah! I wanted to say it looked like captain mal's gun, with the angley barrel, but I couldn't remember if I had that right.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    But that begs the question, if the boys have the colt, why didn't dean shoot the hellhound with it? Admittedly, Crowley's solution was much cooler.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    But that begs the question, if the boys have the colt, why didn't dean shoot the hellhound with it? Admittedly, Crowley's solution was much cooler.

If I had to make a guess I'd say Dean didn't have it with him at that moment. Most likely they keep it squirreled away for particularly tough prey. After all, given how often they get captured/disabled (and these days killed) in their line of work, carrying it with them at all times is probably a risk, since it'd be too easy to lose it. I'm not sure, but it's also possible that it might still have a limitation in terms of ammunition I'm not sure how many bullets they still have for it.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Easy, they didn't have it on them per say, the colt is often locked in the car within a small box in the back with the other assorted weapons they have. This has been shown several times usually in the earlier seasons, the colt isn't something they normally carry around unless things get serious. The colt was upgraded by Ruby with Bobby's help and new bullets made but how many bullets they got or if they got an infinite amount is up in the air. For all we know they only got a few left and so they keep it for that special occasion.

Cade on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

If I had to make a guess I'd say Dean didn't have it with him at that moment. Most likely they keep it squirreled away for particularly tough prey. After all, given how often they get captured/disabled (and these days killed) in their line of work, carrying it with them at all times is probably a risk, since it'd be too easy to lose it. I'm not sure, but it's also possible that it might still have a limitation in terms of ammunition I'm not sure how many bullets they still have for it.
    Cade wrote: »

Easy, they didn't have it on them per say, the colt is often locked in the car within a small box in the back with the other assorted weapons they have. This has been shown several times usually in the earlier seasons, the colt isn't something they normally carry around unless things get serious. The colt was upgraded by Ruby with Bobby's help and new bullets made but how many bullets they got or if they got an infinite amount is up in the air. For all we know they only got a few left and so they keep it for that special occasion.

That still begs the question. Why didn't they have it on them?

Waiting for shit to get serious? It's the goddamned apocalypse for Christ sake.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, they're mostly dealing with demons and they're always carrying around the knife. They usually only have the Colt out when they have something specific to kill, whilst the knife is for general purpose demon slaying.

Reznik on
    Forget it...
  • Options
    edited May 2010

That still begs the question. Why didn't they have it on them?

Waiting for shit to get serious? It's the goddamned apocalypse for Christ sake.

Look at all the times they've gone investigating some ghost, monster or you name it and had nothing on them, it really made no sense. Some times they might have a gun or two on them which didn't even work on everything they went up against.

Again the Colt didn't kill the Lucifer so unless they go up against one of the Four Horsemen(which it may or may not be able to kill) what point do they have to carry it? They've made due with being unprepared properly and coming out on top so why change the formula now writing wise for the show. Yeah I know it's aggravating at times but again they might only have a few bullets so they could be saving it for a special occasion when it's do or die. They just got it back so they don't want to lose it again in some screw up.

Cade on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Meh... I still don't get why Bobby shot Crowly with a regular gun.

I mean, he's got holy water, he's got a shot gun that shots rock salt, but he just shot him with the most useless weapon he had?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Most likely they have it squirreled away because it almost never fucking works. Seriously, the Colt is the worst Ultimate Weapon ever.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sentry wrote: »

I mean, he's got holy water, he's got a shot gun that shots rock salt, but he just shot him with the most useless weapon he had?

When I said spoiler things before, I wasn't joking. Not everyone is up to date on the series.
    He had it in his lap, and it kept Crowley distracted long enough for him to get to the shotty. Dude's in a wheelchair, and not expecting company, its weird enough that he's even armed. That said, I'm pretty sure that its the pistol he keeps around for offing himself if everything goes bad, per a few eps back.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    LynxLynx Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Cat wrote: »

Most likely they have it squirreled away because it almost never fucking works. Seriously, the Colt is the worst Ultimate Weapon ever.

It's only ever not worked once, and that was against Lucifer. It killed Azazel without a problem. As for why they don't carry it around, the Knife basically acomplishes the same thing without wasting ammo. If I had to guess, it has limited ammunition again since the ability to make more bullets probably died with Ruby. Unless Crowley shows them how.

Lynx on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    He had it in his lap, and it kept Crowley distracted long enough for him to get to the shotty. Dude's in a wheelchair, and not expecting company, its weird enough that he's even armed. That said, I'm pretty sure that its the pistol he keeps around for offing himself if everything goes bad, per a few eps back.

yeah that's what DarkWarrior was saying and I guess it makes the most sense.

Also I fixed my post re: spoilers, so you might want to go back and edit your quote. As someone who usually watches Supernatural sometimes the week after it airs, I should have been better about that.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Probably just to piss him off, they're in the habit of doing stuff like that pretty regularly. Also if you want to be really paranoid and/or all deep thought,
    you could draw parallels to the first time Bobby met Ruby - the first thing he did was shoot her with a gun he knew wouldn't kill her. I wouldn't be surprised if Crowley is this season's Ruby... especially since it would give Sam something to throw in Dean's face, the same way Dean uses Ruby as a LOL YOU'RE SO STUPID stick every time Sam says something he doesn't agree with.

cabsy on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    its weird enough that he's even armed.

It's Bobby.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    its weird enough that he's even armed.

It's Bobby.

Yeah, pretty much this. If you were in this line of work, you'd be armed all the time. Bobby probably has a gun in a plastic bag that he keeps in the shower.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My Thoughts about the Colt:

The "current" colt isn't as powerful as the original colt. The crossroads demon even comments on the colt not being the same after Ruby "fixes" it. Also -- there appears to be no finite amount of bullets for this version of the colt.

I think the Original Colt with its 13 Bullets could have killed Lucifer, but the Original Power of it died with the last bullet.

Also, I think they should have kept it dead after killing Azazel. Bringing it back with Ruby's intervention took some of the mystery out of it.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    LynxLynx Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MagicPrime wrote: »

The "current" colt isn't as powerful as the original colt. The crossroads demon even comments on the colt not being the same after Ruby "fixes" it. Also -- there appears to be no finite amount of bullets for this version of the colt.

I think the Original Colt with its 13 Bullets could have killed Lucifer, but the Original Power of it died with the last bullet.

Also, I think they should have kept it dead after killing Azazel. Bringing it back with Ruby's intervention took some of the mystery out of it.

How would Lucifer know that it couldn't kill him then? There's no way he would have known that it was tampered with. I doubt it's any different than it used to be.

Lynx on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    That and Lucifer seems to know very well what the colt can and can not do.

He even says he's one of the few things that it can not kill.

Considering how he cut through a bunch of gods like a hot knife through butter it's easy to see he might be on a different level.

Remember, the colt was made to kill all things supernatural but where Lucifer was originally an arch angel that means he's probably outside it's influences.

Or you can look at it like this, remember the knife that the boys use all the time to kill demons? It couldn't kill Alistair. There are limitations to certain weapons, not all will kill everything. It couldn't kill angels either.

Cade on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Spoilers, sentry, also:
    The guy playing Crowley was Badger in Firefly. And I don't think that was the Colt. If it couldn't kill Crowley, why would he think it capable of killing the devil?

Ah! Right... so I have seen him before. Thanks Cat. As for your other point...
    I think Crowly is, and has been, working another angle. To me it's the only thing that makes sense at this point. What I mean by that is I don't think Crowly is an ordinary demon (which is pretty much a given) and I think he had some kind of purpose in sending them after Lucifer with a faulty weapon...

but really, the reason that leads me to believe it IS the Colt is... why would Bobby shoot a demon with a regular six-shooter? It would be like shooting them with a water pistol... except even then a holy water pistol would have been more effective. For me it doesn't make sense otherwise.
    My assumption was that Crowley just did something, either to himself, or to the Colt when it was in his possession that rendered him unkillable by it.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    We have already established that the gun Bobby shot Crowley with was, beyond a shadow of a doubt, NOT the Colt.

Bobby shot Crowley with his Peacemaker to be a dick. Because Crowley is a DEMON.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Lynx wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »

How would Lucifer know that it couldn't kill him then? There's no way he would have known that it was tampered with. I doubt it's any different than it used to be.

The Crossroads Demon knew it was a different Colt and he didn't see it being repaired. We have no idea how the supernatural entities perceive relics like that. Lucifer could probably give you a complete formulaic breakdown of any arcane relic in the world just by looking at it.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Wasn't it also the gun that Bobby took out behind his chair and pointed at the boys during the whole "zombie" episode.

But yeah Bobby is not one to be caught unarmed, even if said weapons might not do the trick.

Better to go down fighting and all that then nothing at all.

Cade on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Wasn't it also the gun that Bobby took out behind his chair and pointed at the boys during the whole "zombie" episode.

But yeah Bobby is not one to be caught unarmed, even if said weapons might not do the trick.

Better to go down fighting and all that then nothing at all.

It's the same Peacemaker he shot Zombie-wife with and the same one he keeps a bullet for himself in the desk for.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I thought Bobby shot Crowley to ruin his suit.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I thought Bobby shot Crowley to ruin his suit.

I like this explanation best of all. Let's just go with this one.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    ArkasArkas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Alright, dumb question here, but damnit, it's been forever since we saw a demon...

Is Crowley an extra special snowflake, getting to teleport around everywhere? Or could all demons do that and I'm just drawing a huge blank?

Arkas on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Arkas wrote: »
    Alright, dumb question here, but damnit, it's been forever since we saw a demon...

Is Crowley an extra special snowflake, getting to teleport around everywhere? Or could all demons do that and I'm just drawing a huge blank?

He does appear a step up from the common demon.

He was the right hand man of Lilith, it was even hinted they were lovers though considering what we've seen of him lately I got doubts of that.

He is extremely powerful, if what he said is true he took on an entire nest of demons and came out none the worse for wear except his suit. Possesses telekinesis and oh yeah, has a huge big ass Hellhound that dwarfs all others we've seen.

It's likely he's an upper tier of demon similar to Alistair was.

Cade on
  • Options
    ArkasArkas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's the teleporting, specifically, that confuses me. I'm so used to only seeing angels do it. I'm trying to think back if any of the big demons did it, but I honestly don't remember. I do know they had a habit of possessing people in close proximity of where they wanted to be, so obviously they wanted to cut down on travel time. They also tended to turn into the black smoke and flee kinda often... I don't really remember one just flat out going poof, host and all, though.

I was kinda curious if it was a sign that Crowley was a fallen angel in this mythology.

Arkas on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    The crossroads demons did have the ability to teleport, though we only ever saw them appearing after the fact.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I just gotta say I do find it pretty hilarious that the two most powerful demons we've really seen so far are Alistair and Crowley
    Alistair Crowley was, arguably, the most famous Satanic Worshipper next to Antonne Levay http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    As far as we know, Crowley is a Crossroads demon, probably the highest ranking one and in charge of the others. He's supposedly Lilith's right hand.

The demonic hierarchy is something like this (in ascending order):

Black eyed (Ruby and generic demons)
    Red Eyed (Crossroads demons, Crowley)
    White Eyed (Lilith, Alistair)

I have no idea where Azazel/Yellow Eyed fits on this list. Since he seems to be the only YED and kinda got the ball rolling on prepping Sam for vesseldom I'm inclined to think he ranks higher than the WED.

Reznik on
    Forget it...