As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Recommendations

SporefrogSporefrog Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Critical Failures
Hi all, first off I hope this is the correct forum for this thread. I've been a PA reader for like six years, but have rarely ventured into the forums. My friends and I have been playing through the same games for the past few years or so and have come to beseech you for solid recommendations to try out. We were planning on trying that Zombiedice game featured in the latest episode of PA: The Series, but alas it is not yet out.

We typically have a group of 3-6 people and have enjoyed the following games:

Settlers of Catan & expansions
Cranium
Catch phrase
and silly games like that dice betting games from Pirates of the Caribbean

We're open to any suggestions, and enjoy both the more traditional board games like Settlers and the "better while drunk" games like pirate dice.

Sporefrog on

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I believe the fine fellows in the boardgames thread have much expertise on these matters.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    ryansturmerryansturmer Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If you like Catan, You'll probably like Carcassonne and its expansions. I find it to be a bit "lighter" than Catan, but very engaging, and super fun. I believe it supports 5 players out of the box as well, which is excellent.

If you like cranium and might be into word games, Bananagrams is awesome.

Zombie dice is super cool. I played it at PAX east, and ordered a set immediately. (Shame it's not out till July)

ryansturmer on