As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Free Comics Book Day! (This saturday, 5/1)

13»

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    ahahaha, they play magic there?

this is too much

they used to. it's where Andres got his super special edition Axis & Allies game. also, his large amount of D&D books that he bought before knowing at all how to play

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    d&d 4th edition? that is a thing i have and want to play

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I got one of everything they had, except they were out of Atomic Robot. I also snagged some free Magic cards, a free Hero Clix, a free D20, and some rocking Scott Pilgrim book marks. I also picked up the next 2 trades of Powers finally

Bucketman on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Powers is pretty great

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    yeah, it's really good

the copy and pasting art style gets on my nerves

as does bendis' insistence on using more than one exclamation mark

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Went to a local shop at 5:30. Didn't see any free comics. Didn't want to look like an ass in asking.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    why would that make you look like an ass?

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

normally if a shop is participating in free comic book day, they will have it readily apparent. To walk into a shop of any kind and ask 'can you give me some of your things for free?' when there is no sign of them doing so would have some people feel like an ass.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    i dont think "where are the free comics?" or even "are you guys doing free comic book day?" is an asslike question at all

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    see, that is why I said 'some people'.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    yeah

silly people

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I went to Hastings since it was closer than the comic shop I would have gone to {a 30 minute drive} or the one where an ass runs it
    But that store does have a point they will not buy blue ray movies because of the huge theft problem around here

I still found it odd that next to the aliens comic was a toy story one but it was a tiny table. They do have one of the weirdest collection of DS games I have ever seen
    It's the only place I have found YS books 1 and 2 and Shin Megami

Brainleech on
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    when is Seige #4 coming out?

A whole bunch of tie ins spoiled the ending this week

:|

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The severe insanity of my brakes kept me at home and without comics.

Raw deal!

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    One of the shops I hit had a huge fucking line because some artists were signing but fuck that I just want my free shit, so we rolled over to another shop and grabbed some goodshit. I am now reading them. It wasn't just the free comicbookday stuff either, they had some old issues for free.

Iron man Thor one is good, I laugh at how many times they forgot his stupid glowy bits in his new armor and remembered them in other places. Thinking of getting a box, but I don't really like the comicbookshop here. I get hella weird looks whenever I go in alone and according to friends they apparently have bad customer service with shit.

edit: I'd go to the one with the huge line, but it was their closing/GONE FOREVER day on Saturday. They had a ton of dressed up people, even the tenth doctor. that was cool.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Belruel wrote: »
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

normally if a shop is participating in free comic book day, they will have it readily apparent. To walk into a shop of any kind and ask 'can you give me some of your things for free?' when there is no sign of them doing so would have some people feel like an ass.

This.

To walk into a store I've never been to otherwise and say "Hey dude, can I have some free stuff?"...and then leave without actually buying anything seems like a very asslike thing to do.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Iron man Thor one is good, I laugh at how many times they forgot his stupid glowy bits in his new armor and remembered them in other places.

Also forgot to put in his mouth thingy in a bunch of places

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SA wrote: »

I think next wedensday, I could be wrong.

What tie in explains why loki wants it done and why the hell osbourn would do it?

Bucketman on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ok out of all the free comics I definitely enjoyed the DC Kids one the most

My friends think I'm a pedophile

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bucketman wrote: »
    SA wrote: »

I think next wedensday, I could be wrong.

What tie in explains why loki wants it done and why the hell osbourn would do it?

the Loki one, for starters.

UnbrokenEva on