As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vancouver PAX Forumer Events: November 2009 to April 2010 Edition

• WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm going to probably end up not being able to go. Don't be surprised if you don't see me.

Wormdundee on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hey, now that I'm back home in Victoria I can tell you all that I had a great time Friday night!!! Science World after dark is pretty sweet!

Hopefully I'll be able to come to other Pre-Pax Van events this summer :D

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Next kiddie party to crash - Chuck E. Cheese!

Teenychicka on
    8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
  • AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SmallLady wrote: »

You're welcome anytime.... you can even bring along that silly +1 that never posts, even though we already have two of those. :P

I'll have a few events posted for the June to September period after Wootstock weekend is in the books.

AbsintheMinded on
    edited April 2010
    Excellent!!!

SmallLady on
  • EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hey, will any of you guys be taking part in any of the Vancouver Craft Beer Week shenanigans?

I'll be in Vancouver for pretty much the whole thing.

http://vancouvercraftbeerweek.com/

EskimoDave on
    edited April 2010
    Wow, this sounds great. I'll have to take a look at the event list tomorrow.

Wormdundee on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

You're welcome anytime.... you can even bring along that silly +1 that never posts, even though we already have two of those. :P

I know eh? It's like all of us girls come with some strange invisibly-attached appendage.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
    edited April 2010
    Sumi wrote: »

I know eh? It's like all of us girls come with some strange invisibly-attached appendage.

If only those strange invisibly-attached appendages could kill! We'd be a thing straight out of Japan.

Also, I am very interested in this Beer Week and will go to as many events as I can!

Teenychicka on
    edited April 2010

If only those strange invisibly-attached appendages could kill! We'd be a thing straight out of Japan.

Also, I am very interested in this Beer Week and will go to as many events as I can!

Ladies... I think we're on to something here.....

:D

SmallLady on
  • TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    Ticket sales are up for the midnight showing of Iron Man 2 at Scotiabank Theatre, I bought 2.

I'm behind on the shenanigans... what day is this?

may 6 (well, technically may 7). After Videogames Live

Surprisingly, I am actually free to see Iron Man 2 that night. Purchased two tickets.

Theros on
    edited April 2010
    So, I took a look through the VCBW events list today. These are the ones I'm interested in.

R&B Brewery Tours
    Storm Brewing @ The Whip
    Good and Evil at Subeez
    Women and Beer @ The Refinery
    Upright Crawl
    Good and Evil @ Waazubee
    Four Beers and a Funeral Brewpub Crawl
    BC Craft Beer Tasting

The four beers and a funeral one I'm particularly interested in because it's for the closing of Dix. I've only been there once, at the invitation of teeny, but it was amazing so it sucks that it's closing. Let me know if you're interested in any. A good amount of them require ticket purchase.

Wormdundee on
  • ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    THIS JUST IN: Wormdundee likes Dix.

ACC3SS on
    edited April 2010
    Hehehe :3

Danneh wants to take an afternoon off work for the R&B Brewery Tour as it's his fav brewery. I can keep you posted on when he's going.

I am also saddened by the closing of Dix and want to go to it's "funeral". But a friend's birthday party is that night, so it's a toss up here :p Keep me posted as well, folks!

Teenychicka on
    edited April 2010
    Make the right choice teeny.

Wormdundee on
    edited April 2010
    Hehehe :3

Danneh wants to take an afternoon off work for the R&B Brewery Tour as it's his fav brewery. I can keep you posted on when he's going.

I am also saddened by the closing of Dix and want to go to it's "funeral". But a friend's birthday party is that night, so it's a toss up here :p Keep me posted as well, folks!

same... Is this birthday party in poco? maybe it's just co. I'm not to sure on how it works.

EskimoDave on
    edited April 2010
    Anime Evolution Aug 13-15

I've decided to volunteer in the games room. Anybody else going?

SmallLady on
    edited May 2010

Very likely. Won't volunteer/staff though. It'll be my first time.

ACC3SS on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

They wouldn't give me an adult badge when I was 18 because "people live out their fantasies here and it's not a good place for children to be at night."

.....o_O I'm so not kidding either. It's a real quote.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I may show up for this 'Anime Evolution' thing. Maybe.

Who going to Wootstock feels like sticking around in Seattle for an extra day and raiding this place? Nothing like a bit of stomp-stomp pew-pew to brighten your day.

de4dmeta1 on
    edited May 2010

They wouldn't give me an adult badge when I was 18 because "people live out their fantasies here and it's not a good place for children to be at night."

O_o live out their fantasies?

EskimoDave on
    edited May 2010

I was considering going... now I'm scared. Possibly scarred too. :shock:

AbsintheMinded on
  • Digital DolphinDigital Dolphin Registered User new member
    edited May 2010

That's really messed up. The age of an adult badge has been 18 since the convention moved away from SFU. I don't know what to say about the creepy "live out their fantasies" line though.

Any fans of Desert Bus For Hope here? There will be a "Desert Bus Reunion Tour" happening at AE as well:
    http://loadingreadyrun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11348&p=316044

Digital Dolphin on
    edited May 2010

I don't blame ya! I'll be in the UBC pub for most of AE, so you could always come for drinks. Furries are too afraid of getting sticky to be in a bar, win win!

Teenychicka on
  • honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Announcing:

GreenWitch and Honest D's Victoria Day Long Weekend Barbecue Season Kickoff Party (or GWAHDVDLWBSKP for short)!

Sunday, May 23, 12 noon-whenever you leave!

Come and join the fun as we show off the latest (and hopefully last) additions to the garden. Hang out and eat a burger, or show off your mad grill skills. Rock Band, Smores, Christmas Lights, Fun, Family, you name it, it’s there! If you can stay after dark, it’s totally worth your while

We’re kicking it pot-luck open house style, so if you’re coming early, breakfast type foods are the order of the day, and if you’re coming later, then it’s salads and BYOM!

RSVP soon and RSVP often!

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
    edited May 2010

I don't blame ya! I'll be in the UBC pub for most of AE, so you could always come for drinks. Furries are too afraid of getting sticky to be in a bar, win win!

Furries don't scare me.... it was being given the impression that they are "getting sticky" at the con that scares me. :?

If I can be promised a furpile free environment I may still attend. lol.

I noticed on their website that they will have a performance by "The Darkest Thickets on the Hillside". I can only assume this is either the name of ACC3SS's Darkest of the Hillside Thickets tribute band or yet another horrible Thickets typo, either way that definately has caught my interest.

AbsintheMinded on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

worst-case scenario we could go drink in my office and play with physics demos :D

tr0tsky on
    edited May 2010
    I think perhaps I'll be going to AE since I couldn't make it to that other thing...J-Fest? I think so.

Also, I'm RSVP'ing 7 times right now for the BBQ Party Extravaganza.

Wormdundee on
    edited May 2010

worst-case scenario we could go drink in my office and play with physics demos :D

are you telling me you have your own office @ UBC with it's own little science world??????

fuck yes sir!

SmallLady on
    edited May 2010
    Ticket is bought for Iron Man 2.

Wormdundee on
    edited May 2010
    Also, ACC3SS, when do you want to leave on friday. I can't remember if we had early check-in or not.

Wormdundee on
  • de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What exactly are the plans for wootstock travel? I honestly don't recall.

de4dmeta1 on
    edited May 2010
    de4dmeta1 wrote: »
    What exactly are the plans for wootstock travel? I honestly don't recall.

Worm and Trotsky are each driving down.

I'll be riding with Trotsky and there should still be room in the van if you want to come along in our convoy.

Two of my other friends are also joining us for the trip down (in their own car). They are meeting at my place around 9am on Friday and we are planning to hang out until Trotsky crawls out of bed and comes by to meet up with us, then both vehicles are heading down together.

I do not know what Worm's plans are for departure time, however:
    Wormdundee wrote: »
    Also, ACC3SS, when do you want to leave on friday. I can't remember if we had early check-in or not.

I requested early check-ins, but you guys will have to wait for us to get down there to check-in. Booking was through Expedia so the card holder (me) needs to show up for check-in.

I'm guessing thats a security thing that has something to do with the fact that rooms have already been charged to my credit card. :?

Accordingly, perhaps a 3 car convoy might be in order if we can coordinate that.

EDIT: The trip back up I'm not 100% sure about yet. Don't know Worms plans for Saturday, do know that Team Trostsky will be getting dragged to Outlet Mall at some point on the way back up.

I assume we will probably all do a breakfast in the morning regardless.

AbsintheMinded on
    edited May 2010
    Yeah I can hit up the convoy with you guys if you let me know when and where to join up, since I'm not going to drive into vancouver just to drive back.

I can't stay too late on Saturday as our mother's day dinner got moved to saturday from sunday. I'd probably have to leave around 1 or 2. So, breakfast is definitely a thing on saturday.

Wormdundee on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Can someone text me when you guys are at the theater. I lost all yalls numbers when my phone fucked up. And I can't restore it right now.

parabola on
    edited May 2010
    It's official! I'll be staffing the gaming room @ AE :D (I hope it's safe in there)

SmallLady on
    edited May 2010
    Last chance before I book lodgings:

Anyone up for the Seattle Folkfest?
    http://www.nwfolklife.org/

There's meat on sticks (or fruit if that's how you roll), buskers extraordinaire, and topless bellydancers. Need I say more? Oh and last year there was this fabulous yo yo trickster kid that I wanted to steal.

Eh? Ehhhh? *eyebrows*

Teenychicka on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You had me at topless bellydancers. Maybe

parabola on
    edited May 2010
    @Teenychicka: I'd like to go, but I'm stuck in a busy few days here and I won't be able to make up my mind any time soon. Book your lodgings. Hopefully I'll see you and Danny down there!

@Wormdundee: My shift is over at 12:30pm tomorrow. I'm right next to Waterfront Station. I'll hop on the Skytrain from there and meet you at the Brighouse station. Feel free to call/text me tomorrow, I'll keep my phone handy. I will likely be able to leave as early as 11am should the need arise.

ACC3SS on
    edited May 2010
    Last chance before I book lodgings:

Anyone up for the Seattle Folkfest?
    http://www.nwfolklife.org/

There's meat on sticks (or fruit if that's how you roll), buskers extraordinaire, and topless bellydancers. Need I say more? Oh and last year there was this fabulous yo yo trickster kid that I wanted to steal.

Eh? Ehhhh? *eyebrows*

Hrm. I'll have to let you know Sunday after I have a few minutes to see what this festival-thingy is.... in the meantime I have to run out to meetup with DM and Trotsky. Yay W00tstock!

AbsintheMinded on
This discussion has been closed.