As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beer of the Week

1235»

• Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm starting my MBA tonight. That is, Masters of Beer Appreciation. There is a bar nearby that has a buttload of beers from all over. If you drink all of the ones on the list, you get a discount for life, your name on the wall, and probably a free session of addiction counseling with Dr. Drew.

All at once? Or over time?

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pub in town has a special on Irish Car Bombs tonight. I may venture down the street.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm starting my MBA tonight. That is, Masters of Beer Appreciation. There is a bar nearby that has a buttload of beers from all over. If you drink all of the ones on the list, you get a discount for life, your name on the wall, and probably a free session of addiction counseling with Dr. Drew.

I wish they did that at my favorite place - 151 beers on tap alone. I've had them all at least once.

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

over time! oh my god, people would die. there are well over 50 beers on the list, and some are like 15%

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm not much of a domestic crap beer drinker but I think I'm going to buy one of the home kegs of Miller Light just to try it out.

I bought a few of those last weekend and wasn't impressed with the results. After following the directions to the letter, each keg suffered from a severe lack of pressure half way through consuming it. So much so that it was easier to just unscrew the tap and pour directly from the opening, rather than spend 2-3 minutes filling a cup. I think it works out to be something like 16 beers per mini-keg. You're better off just buying an 18-pack of bottles for what I think is roughly the same amount.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    those mini kegs always seem to be disappointing.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    ShakesbeardShakesbeard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my father passed on the grand tradition of drinking keiths pretty much exclusively and i've rarely looked back

occasional white russians or Mr. Beam for variety

i know nothing of alcohol

Shakesbeard on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

over time! oh my god, people would die. there are well over 50 beers on the list, and some are like 15%

well that sounds like a worthy goal for a summer then.

I wish we had a good bar around here. We've got an overpriced bar at a restaurant and a place at a local brewery that's only open Friday and Saturday nights.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    those mini kegs always seem to be disappointing.

The Warsteiner kegs seem to be okay. It has that pull-out spout at the bottom and, correct me if I'm wrong, I think that actually acts like a keg pump when you push it back into the keg to keep the pressure up.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tonight I had Stella

Cuz it's the nicest beer they have in dive bars in Orlando

Sheri on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    gross

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Speaing of smokey as hell, I'm going to put forward that the south of the isle of Islay makes the best whisky in the world.

Yes.

Lets be friends

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Speaing of smokey as hell, I'm going to put forward that the south of the isle of Islay makes the best whisky in the world.

Yes.

Lets be friends

I support the statement that is quoted in the post I quoted.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sheri wrote: »
    Tonight I had Stella

Why are you drinking nice beer in a dive bar?

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tonight I had Stella

What I find hillarious about Stella is that here it is marketed as an mid-upmarket beer.

In England it's bassically wife beater juice.

Blake T on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    drinking 6 stella is like having a full meal

FAQ on
  • Options
    XyyzXyyz Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    Tonight I had Stella

What I find hillarious about Stella is that here it is marketed as an mid-upmarket beer.

In England it's bassically wife beater juice.

It does have a bit of that, but as a beer there's really nothing wrong with it. They've made some amusing adverts for it too.

Xyyz on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tonight I had Stella

Because I don't like crappy beer

They had $1.50/cans of PBR, but even my friend Beth (who will drink anything) wouldn't bite on those

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Yes.

Lets be friends

I'm no expert on... anything, really, but reading about Islay reminded me of this. I think you guys are probably right. In Oz and James Drink to Britian (James May of Top Gear fame) they visit Islay and taste the good stuff!

Part I - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnrQSpaG17g

Follow the links on the right to the next parts of the episode. A fantastic series that I cannot recommend highly enough. The preceeding two seasons explored wine in France and California in great style and hilarity.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tonight I had Stella

Because I don't like crappy beer

They had $1.50/cans of PBR, but even my friend Beth (who will drink anything) wouldn't bite on those

PBR ain't gonna kill ya.

Stella is alright, but a little pricey for a beer that doesn't taste like anything.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The beer selection at the new QFC down the street from my house is pretty boring.

I am disappointed to no end.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Made a shot just last night, made my sore throat bearable, and was a smoggy dark green

Green Chunder (1/3 butterscotch snapps + 1/3 Irish Cream, so basically a slippery nipple, + 1/3 Galliano Black Sambuca)

Was like a normal Slippery nipple but a bit stronger, it had a touch of kick and made my throat feel excellent

It was a nice treat, rather than the usual beer and whiskey schtick

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Went to my local Kroger last night and found they do a $8.99 create your own six pack. Stone IPA was among the selections, so that filled a good 1/3 of the selection. I think if you filled all six spaces with Stone IPA you'd save money if you were looking to buy a six-pack of it off the shelf.

John Matrix on