As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Enforcer] Appreciation

124»

• Options
    MoonVydeoMoonVydeo Lord Moon Enforcer at Large Istanbul (Not Constantinople)Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Peeekz wrote: »
    I had a great interaction with an enforcer that had ROCKIN' muttonchops, and a sweet red beret style hat. I happened to have the same facial hair set up, and on Sat., he actually came up to me and asked for my pic. I got one too, and now the pic is my FB profile pic :P Was a really nice guy, and just one example of how awesome they ALL were.

Then this must be you.
    4484630613_d0f51e15c7.jpg

I think you're my taller long lost twin. :D

MoonVydeo on
  • Options
    CoreyGCoreyG Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    Thanks to the enforcer that hooked me up with the vintage lanyard because I didn't have one

CoreyG on
  • Options
    Postal KittyPostal Kitty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    To all attendees, redcoats, etc...

You made the weekend fun. I think everyone deserves a pat on the back for being awesome. ;) I was doing bag checks at console tourney and I honestly would not have had as much fun if it wasn't for everyone being so great.

So yeah. Smooches to all! And thanks to those who left me a message on the two pieces of paper that I had taped to the check in desk. I will cherish it forevarrrrr

Postal Kitty on
  • Options
    ACAM GaryACAM Gary Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The enforcers were great! They were very helpful all weekend and made our first PAX an excellent one.

Gary

ACAM Gary on
    President, The American Classic Arcade Museum at Funspot
    579 Endicott Street North - Laconia, NH 03246
    The first 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and display of classic coin-operated amusements
    http://www.ClassicArcadeMuseum.org
  • Options
    AetaAeta [E] DC Metro areaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I read through the first couple of pages of posts, and I just want to thank all of you attendees for your appreciation. I was in Classic Console Freeplay for most of my weekend and I must say that everyone was very cooperative and understanding when their time was up. We had a few people who just hopped back in line as soon as their 30mins was up. What's more thank you to all of you who competed in the Saturn Bomberman, and the Super Tetris 3 tournaments, a good time was had by all!!

On another note... I think that at least half of the enforcers this year were PAX virgins as well as first time Con-Staff... So I want to just give props to all of those kindred spirits out there, and the veterans from the west who guided us N00bs. If this is what a con full of virgin staffers runs like, I can't wait for next year!!!

Aeta on
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Reading through this thread makes me realize how much the Enforcers rock and makes me look forward to my first PAX. I feel as though what I experienced in running a massive event (Penn State THON) as a Moraller and OPPer is reminiscent of what Enforcers do and more. In fact, PAX may be even better than THON in that sense. Let me compare the two as best as I can:

THON attendance (including dancers and families): ~5000
    PAX East attendance: ~50,000

THON Committees: 15
    PAX Committees: 1 (Enforcers)

THON Volunteers: ~1500
    PAX Enforcers: ~400

In short, what we did at THON with 1500 people in OPP, Morale, Merchandise, and Rules and Regs, PAX did with 400 enforcers.

I may have to think of some way to make sure that I am thanking the Enforcers constantly. Maybe match their red shirts with a few ppl in red scarves and call ourselves ESPN, the Enforcer Support People's Network. Though it sounds like you already have a "Mom" doing that all the time.

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Numbers a bit off. More like 20k attendees per day with 400 Enforcers.

And yes, we do have a couple of Enforcer moms already.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This was my second PAX ('07) but first time Enforcing, and I also wanted to say thanks not only to the veteran Enforcers - you guys helped ease any anxiety I had about working with a bunch of new people almost immediately the first day - but, as several other Enforcers have mentioned, the attendees themselves. Wearing The Red wouldn't be the amazing position it is without equally awesome attendees to make it a smooth experience. Our success is reflective of the success of the PAX community at large. :whistle:

Dondums on
    internet
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PAX East attendance: ~10,000

Total PAX East attendance was over 50,000 over the course of the entire Expo. So it's a factor of 10 higher. As has been mentioned, obviously not all 5X,000 crammed in per day (although some days it sure felt like it... Friday morning, anyone?)

Tango on
  • Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for all the thanks. :)

And I'd like to send a special thank you to everybody who patiently and kindly endured the rollercoaster PCFP year we had. In no way were any of our technical difficulties related to new staff, it was just a year for everything breaking all the time. You attendees were awesome, especially the ones who cheerfully agreed to wait and pass on the news when our super short line still had an hour wait on it due to tourneys.

You guys are rad, and the awesome attitudes gave us even more motivation to troubleshoot and get the PC area on its feet as quickly as possible and stay there.

And whoever's League of Legend's computers I couldn't get to work on... uh... Sat...urday? Maybe? You two were my favorite attendees. Just sayin'. A sense of humor is everything.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tango wrote: »
    PAX East attendance: ~10,000

Total PAX East attendance was over 50,000 over the course of the entire Expo. So it's a factor of 10 higher. As has been mentioned, obviously not all 5X,000 crammed in per day (although some days it sure felt like it... Friday morning, anyone?)

Its called turnstile attendance. 3day pass counts as 3 people in the final count. I doubt there was ever more than 17k uniques there per day.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    Its called turnstile attendance.
    Ah, thanks for reminding me. I've worked enough events in my time that you'd think I'd remember that term by now, but apparently not. :)

Tango on
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Anyway, you knew what I was getting at.

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    DragonDragon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aw...this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. As one of the Enforcers that was mainly stationed right out in front of the Main Theatre, I got experience LOADS of people passing by and needing help. Every single person I met was not all friendly, but extremely patient. There were times when I was getting bogged down by a dozen or so people needing help, and everyone waited until it was their turn for help. And I also work the Expo Hall, where there were TONS of people as well, and all the times I needed people to keep areas clear and keep it in order, everyone complied easily and no problems what-so-ever!

So even though this is an Enforcer appreciation, I want to say thank you back to all the attendees who make PAX what it is and for making it worth volunteering for!

MUCH <3 to you all! Hope to see you at Prime as well!

P.S. I was the girl with the Dragon painted across her eyes, if you needed a reference point ;)

Dragon on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I need to say thank you as well. <3 Attendees are what make my PAX experience awesome, and I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much if this community was not as wonderful as it is.

I was working the merch booth, and I couldn't believe how patient 99% of you were. On more than one occasion the wait was 30+ minutes and we ran out of stuff while people stood and waited. Thank you for being understanding, patient, and generally awesome people.

This was my first trip to Boston and I got to meet so many fantastic people. Whether I can afford it or not next year, you all make me want to come back no matter what. <3

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    MeatshieldMeatshield Registered User new member
    edited May 2010
    There are many enforcers to thank. Soooo many. Maze is up there near the top. He taught a newb enforcer how to do a job and do it well. The same love must go to Tango and AaronC. Both of them are uber awesome security drones (the kind of drones that are independent and cool, not the other kind). In general, I must love the whole group. I never had a bad experience with either the enforcers or the attendees.
    Enforcers. Enforcers are like demi-gods sent down from Gabe&Tycho's Mt. Olympus. The Chain Mail Enforcer even looked like one with his armor. And especially him, on Friday, when I probably came up to him five times that day asking questions he'd probably heard over and over, he was kind, conciderate, polite, and helpful.

Being in cosplay (especially something as revealing as the Witch), I wasn't given different treatment than any of the other attendees, which I was most greatful for. The Enforcers were especially understanding and leniant about my in-character-ness. When my screaming got out of hand and they couldn't tell if it was actually someone in trouble or not, they politely asked me to bring it down. I did, but it wasn't enough, so they aked me a second time. But they weren't angry or impatient, they simply told me that it had to come down more. That was the last time they had to ask, and hopefully I did a good enough job (I restrained myself, I really did).

Even after I took the Witch costume off and switched to the clothes I came in with, some still recognized me and exchanged light, pleasent conversation. It was a fabulous experience with fabulous people. : )

I was easy to get along with because:
    #1= My armor should rebuff most witch attacks.
    #2= I knew you would target the newbs with the flash-cameras first. (Seriously, have they never encountered a witch before?)

You really rocked out as the witch, and I was surprised by how far you took it. I was really surprised that the convention center staff let you in. But it was awesome that you came.

Love to all. I hope to see you next time.

Meatshield on
    enforceruserbareast.png
This discussion has been closed.