As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax Arcadia: An Alliance PVE Guild on Draenor (US)

• RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Riale wrote: »
    My girlfriend and I are considering leveling some Alliance characters so our Worgen have a nice, comfy home with heirlooms come Cataclysm. We wouldn't mind some raiding on the side in the meantime if you guys aren't too full. Are there any classes or specs you're in particular need of, or you already have tons of? I'm not sure what we want to level yet.

You can mail heirlooms across faction.

Not across server though, right? Because we really don't want to make Alliance characters on Ravenholdt with the 90% Horde 10% Alliance population imbalance.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My girlfriend and I are considering leveling some Alliance characters so our Worgen have a nice, comfy home with heirlooms come Cataclysm. We wouldn't mind some raiding on the side in the meantime if you guys aren't too full. Are there any classes or specs you're in particular need of, or you already have tons of? I'm not sure what we want to level yet.

Not across server though, right? Because we really don't want to make Alliance characters on Ravenholdt with the 90% Horde 10% Alliance population imbalance.

No not yet, they have been coming Blizzard Soon for some time. Though they can be transferred to another server with the characters. But not free of course.

skorch on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I don't know what the population difference is on Draenor but Wintergrasp seems to switch sides every battle. And it is a PvE server.

Seg on
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Seg wrote: »

I don't know what the population difference is on Draenor but Wintergrasp seems to switch sides every battle. And it is a PvE server.

Draenor is very Alliance heavy, but there are worse servers out there in that regard. Plus, it's PvE, so it's not such a big deal. As for WG, Horde definetely get their fair share of it, so it can't be too terrible.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for everything dudes.

Also, the tabard design is awesome.

Edith Upwards on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I only wish the tabard background was white so it looked like a traditional lobster bib :)

troublebrewing on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm working on getting my Children's Week achievements done. All I have left to do for the meta is School of Hard Knocks, and I managed to get 3/4 on that one this morning. I just need the Alterac Valley "assault a tower with your orphan" and I'll be set!

SteevL on
  • AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Achievement whore...

I got lucky and got into an AV that was just farming the achievement.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I did all of those Sunday. All the BGs seemed to be nothing but achievement farming. Made things very easy.

Also, I may have to investigate making the tabard white for the lobster bib look.

LeftOnRed on
    edited May 2010
    AfroJ wrote: »
    Achievement whore...

You rang?

Granted Children's Week was not as painful as I thought. Only one more to go for my 310 mount, that I will never use due to my druidness.

skorch on
    edited May 2010
    Why must raid night be the night that my ISP decides my entire neighborhood is unworthy of having intertubes?

LeftOnRed on
    edited May 2010
    That sucks.

And we were just starting to get a Glory of the Hero group going.

skorch on
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Did you guys get the weekly done?

LeftOnRed on
    edited May 2010
    Yes, we cleared the first wing.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2010
    Cool. Maybe we'll try to finish that Ulduar clear on Sunday.

LeftOnRed on
    edited May 2010
    Sounds like a plan.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2010
    Yay, managed to get my Children's Week achievement last night. Looks like I will be able to get my violet proto drake when Brewfest rolls around. There aren't any stupid PVP achievements in Brewfest or Flame Warden, are there?

SteevL on
    edited May 2010
    I don't think there are any.

LeftOnRed on
    edited May 2010
    Flame Warden does require you to go into the horde cities. So that can be a pain.

skorch on
    edited May 2010
    skorch wrote: »
    Flame Warden does require you to go into the horde cities. So that can be a pain.

Yeah, but that's really not as bad for me as trying to get the BG children's week achievements done. It shouldn't be too much of a pain.

SteevL on
    edited May 2010
    Plus, Org is the only city that there's ever any horde in anyway.

LeftOnRed on
  • UnsaltedUnsalted Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    LeftOnRed wrote: »
    BM is for noobs.

BM is for going big and red and ripping faces off in BG's.

:winky:
    RED ROCKET, RED ROCKET! OH GOD.

Unsalted on
    edited May 2010
    With as much as we talk about dicks in this guild, I am honestly surprised this hasn't come up before now.

LeftOnRed on
    edited May 2010
    Does this mean I can make an alt and come BS with you guys whenever I want?

Unsalted on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    my god.

INeedNoSalt on
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, my wife and I just came back to the game after taking a break for a few months. We had a 10 man guild of mostly real life friends and friends we'd played with in the game for a long time. Unfortunately people quitting and other stuff destroyed our guild, and now we have no home. We love love love 10 man raiding, and your guild sounds like a nice laid back atmosphere. I was wondering what exactly your guild could use for your 10 man team? We'd love to get a chance to see ICC 10 while waiting for Cata to come out, since our guild fell apart during grand crusader 10 man and Ulduar 10 hard modes.

She is a Holy Paladin who is 232/245 geared. I have gone back to my old character, a Prot Paladin who I'm in the process of badge gearing currently(He's in mostly 213 epics, I stopped playing him before Ulduar came out.) I know how to play all 3 Paladin specs, though I need to build a good Ret/Holy set before I consider doing it in any serious environment.

I also have a 232/245 geared Prot Warrior, and a shabbily geared Warlock at 80. I think if your guild wanted us, I'd probably only transfer my Paladin and my 52 Priest(I want to heal and DPS on him), since it would cost me a pretty penny to faction transfer and server transfer my guys. We currenly play on Malfurion-Horde.

Man, the thought of playing Alliance again excites me. I love Horde, but my one love has always been Dwarves. My soul died a little when my friends told me I had to play horde a couple years back when we started playing again, and my Paladin had to be a Blood Elf.

Edit: I was hoping an officer or somebody could hit me up with a PM or let me know if you would mind me making a character on your server to chat a bit.

Joshmvii on
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Feel free to roll an alt on Draenor US and join the /pa channel. If an officer isn't on then you'll probably at least run into one of our alts on the channel. As for what we need for raiding, a non-shaman healer and a DPS were requested the last time we discussed the matter. Our only major requirement is that you enjoy dick jokes. We're kinda strict on that one.

EDIT: And if anyone knows the pain of paying for both faction and server transfers, it's me. I recently transfered both my shaman and my paladin, not pretty at all. It was totally worth it, though.

Kreutz on
    edited May 2010
    my god.

hi

have we met?

Unsalted on
    edited May 2010
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Feel free to roll an alt on Draenor US and join the /pa channel. If an officer isn't on then you'll probably at least run into one of our alts on the channel. As for what we need for raiding, a non-shaman healer and a DPS were requested the last time we discussed the matter. Our only major requirement is that you enjoy dick jokes. We're kinda strict on that one.

EDIT: And if anyone knows the pain of paying for both faction and server transfers, it's me. I recently transfered both my shaman and my paladin, not pretty at all. It was totally worth it, though.

Dick jokes are right up our alley, so I think we'd be good there. =) Healing is really the only thing my wife likes to do on her Paladin, who is not a Shaman, so she'd fit there, and while tanking is my primary love, I would be fine with gearing up Ret and DPSing if that's what is needed to get a raid spot. We both just really love 10 man raiding, and having fun doing fun content with cool people has always been more important to me than which spec I'm in and what buttons I may be pushing. =)

Joshmvii on
    edited May 2010
    A healadin would be awesome, 50% of our raid loot is spell plate.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2010

Can not stress this fact enough.

skorch on
    edited May 2010
    God, a guild that raids on Sunday is perfect for us, and one that raids 10 mans is even more perfect, but I'm just not sure if we can take the plunge of going Alliance after all. I was a Dwarf the first time I ever played, but I only made it to about level 40, and since we've actually been playing seriously we've been horde the whole time. It feels like it would be so foreign to be Alliance.

Joshmvii on
    edited May 2010
    They should really just let Horde and Alliance intermingle. They are exactly the same anyway.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    They should really just let Horde and Alliance intermingle. They are exactly the same anyway.

Tree Huggers - Night Elves/Tauren
    Braying Jackasses - All big Human/Gobbo leaders
    The Ultimate Bros - Dorfs/Trolls
    Proud Warrior Race Guys - Space Cows/Orcs
    "Smart" people - Gnomes/Blood Elves

Edith Upwards on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    skorch wrote: »

Can not stress this fact enough.

Keep the lights on until Cataclysm comes out and you may yet have one again! Mad may come out of retirement, depending on... uh... stuff.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I`m still gearing up my healadin for raiding with you guys, but it's hard when Shamwow healing is so much easier.

Kreutz on
    edited May 2010
    So my internet is out again this week. Kill some mans for me.

LeftOnRed on
    edited May 2010
    Sorry about the mumble server, I have been in contact with their tech guys and they are taking a look into it. They say it should be more stable by tomorrow hopefully.

skorch on
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bump

We need people. I know it's like summer, and there's an expansion in the works, but we're fun!

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg