As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Let's Play] Tomb Raider Underworld - JAN MAYEN ISLAND JULY 2015! NEW SET AFTER 6 YEARS

• Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You mentioned an indie game that you had been playing before being distracted, something about Jetskies? Maybe... probably not.

I noticed the darkness aswell, might just be because of this levels slightly murky setting.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • valgomirvalgomir Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i don't think that's the problem because the little yellow symbols when you can interact with something seem to be darker as well.

valgomir on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jets and Guns. Its soundtrack was done by Machinae Supremacy and it's a side-scrolling sh'mup with a fair bit of visual and developer humour.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i blame ashes to ashes, and keeley hawes included, for the eighties

Nuzak on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited May 2010
    that preposterous jawline and cheekbones is going to terrify kids

Nuzak on
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Surreality's Tomb Raider LP: entertaining and educational! Fun for all ages!

Really enjoying this one.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    God damnit Keeley, APATOSAURUS

not BRONTOSAURUS

why do you disappoint me

EDIT: This story is heartbreaking, he mistakes a tree for his father :(

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited May 2010
    natural selection wins every time

Nuzak on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, FUCK those labyrinth enthusiasts!

But yeah, I don't see how there's really a difference. Labyrinth is just what one calls a maze when they want it to sound ominous. Mazes are for children's fairs.

(Also, the way it was described, a labyrinth sounds like a joke, dwarfed even by the mazes on the backs of cereal boxes)

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Whoa, this is a really entertaining LP and very informative at the same time, I just finished Thailand and I am really looking forward to England. As a consequence, I strongly encourage you to keep the good work up. :)

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
    edited May 2010
    (Also, the way it was described, a labyrinth sounds like a joke, dwarfed even by the mazes on the backs of cereal boxes)

I am not joking :(
    In colloquial English labyrinth is generally synonymous with maze, but many contemporary scholars observe a distinction between the two: maze refers to a complex branching puzzle with choices of path and direction; while a single-path (unicursal) labyrinth has only a single, non-branching path, which leads to the center. A labyrinth in this sense has an unambiguous route to the center and back and is not designed to be difficult to navigate.

it is RIDICULOUS

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I am not joking :(
    In colloquial English labyrinth is generally synonymous with maze, but many contemporary scholars observe a distinction between the two: maze refers to a complex branching puzzle with choices of path and direction; while a single-path (unicursal) labyrinth has only a single, non-branching path, which leads to the center. A labyrinth in this sense has an unambiguous route to the center and back and is not designed to be difficult to navigate.

it is RIDICULOUS

When I think of a labyrinth, I always think of the David Bowie film. Looks as though a re-naming is in order. :P

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I was playing around with the youtube transcribe function... Let's just say it has some trouble with your way of speaking:

As a wise man once said, if you don't want people to go somewhere don't build a bloody entrance
    becomes
    What time was it if you don't even have to have some land to build a bloody entrance

land of the dead
    becomes
    not bad

classic mistake
    becomes
    that's interesting

by sending them into devious traps
    becomes
    thanks TVs

The last one was actually Lara's, so it's not just you. I love how they make no sense, but in a way, they really do.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ampix wrote: »
    I was playing around with the youtube transcribe function... Let's just say it has some trouble with your way of speaking:

As a wise man once said, if you don't want people to go somewhere don't build a bloody entrance
    becomes
    What time was it if you don't even have to have some land to build a bloody entrance

That is the greatest thing.

Lalabox on
    edited May 2010

becomes

I can understand it not getting me - I speak pretty quickly - but Keeley? Keeley "ELOCUTION" Hawes?

Youtube...

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited May 2010
    Bethryn on
    edited May 2010
    It's a children's television program. She's allowed to speak softly and over-enunciate. It was good enough for Mr. Rogers.

Also, didn't mean to offend, SurrealityCheck. Didn't mean "joke" as a joke made by you. I meant it in the way that if a labyrinth only has one way in/out, why is it considered so difficult?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

edited May 2010
    Also, didn't mean to offend, SurrealityCheck. Didn't mean "joke" as a joke made by you. I meant it in the way that if a labyrinth only has one way in/out, why is it considered so difficult?

haha not offended at all, I was being hyperbolous

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited May 2010
    he's a doormat anyway, sr never takes offense

hey sr, your momma's a slut

see?

Nuzak on
    edited May 2010
    hyperbolous
    Retracting your degree in everythingship for that, Mr.

Bethryn on
    edited May 2010
    wat i made up an awesome word n u cnt handel it... omgx..

MY POWERS HAVE BEEN DRAINEDDDDDDD

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited May 2010
    [Let's Play] Tomb Raider: Underworld- language, sarcasm and tombs

EDIT: I was looking at Self-Reference on wikipedia the other night and thought of this LP when I saw a picture of ouroboros.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ahaha! I love that peas edit!

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    edited May 2010
    One day... in the distant future... I shall have free time. And that future is not so distant. Weeble weeble.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited May 2010
    Hey, OP shouldn't be allowed to bump his own LP thread without an update.

You tease.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

edited May 2010
    heh heh heh

AM I TEASING

OR NOT?

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    looks around thread for new update...

DAMMIT

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    edited May 2010
    The lack of updates makes me sad.

:(

See?

Sad.

Spartan 0092 on
    edited May 2010
    heh heh heh

AM I TEASING

OR NOT?

At least Internet Blue Balls aren't as bad as RL ones. ... Or are they?

valgomir on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    heh heh heh

AM I TEASING

OR NOT?

The professor is a bastard. So like a professor.

Synthesis on
    edited May 2010
    You can take it from me that he has recently come into a large estate of free time. What he puts this time to is anyone's guess; forgery, deflowering of virgins, employment (heh).

Bethryn on
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bethryn wrote: »
    You can take it from me that he has recently come into a large estate of free time. What he puts this time to is anyone's guess; forgery, deflowering of virgins, employment (heh).

Man, prioritise

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    On the topic of tombraider and teasing, the new tombraider teaser screens they've put out are looking preeeetty nifty

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
    edited February 2011
    I'm probably going to try a blind let's play of prince of persia sands of time next. Should be done much faster than this one :P

Indeed it should. In fact, I think that not only do you hold the record for the most videos in one set (8 videos for S1 of TRU) but also for the longest hiatus without effectively abandoning a Let's Play. I take my hat off to you, sir, you have excelled the lazy Klyka and his long pauses :lol:

I recently re-watched all your previous videos, and doing so actually motivated me to start something that I call "Project General Knowledge". It basically means that I will from now on spend an undetermined amount of time every day reading about a random scientific or historic topic. So now, thanks to you, I know why colonising Venus or Mercury would not be a wise idea, and that the ancient Greeks were pretty awesome (I knew that already, but I confirmed it). Also, velociraptors were fucking creepy. Yes, that is what those bastards looked like.

MORE VIDEOS PLEASE I MUST LEARN THINGS

valgomir on
    edited February 2011
    Hmm. Mr check has 4-5 sets to finish Underworld. I have maybe 12-16 to finish ME2.

I too plan on LPing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

Let the games begin.

Bethryn on
    edited February 2011
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Hmm. Mr check has 4-5 sets to finish Underworld. I have maybe 12-16 to finish ME2.

Well, get to it then!
    <3
    I too plan on LPing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

Co-op LP time? Oh wait, SC is in Japan. Sadface.
    Oh, I know. One of you guys LPs it, the other replaces the game's audio track with his own interpretation of it. All the dialogue, all SFX: replaced with Britishness. It might actually turn out British enough to make my face melt.

valgomir on
    OH my GOODNESS a new video

WHAT YEAR IS IT WHAT PLANET AM I ON

Set 5 - Mexico - Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV40JQH1_8s

obF2Wuw.png
    edited September 2012
    MAYBE I DOUBLE POAST

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    what