As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Street Fighter IV: Everyone loves Chun-li.

ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA!Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
edited May 2010 in Games and Technology
4425855063_578cd1edc6.jpg

24e2x75.jpg

2ch6lxk.jpg21ljx9w.jpgjgo4d1.jpg21jbqep.jpg7237lx.jpgvxkuq9.jpgf40ght.jpg
2wqspau.jpg33csvhz.jpg3wx3t.jpg34jbreb.jpg4ram3d.jpg21b6lb9.jpg11qrct0.jpg
2d0njuh.jpgdzv4nd.jpgnoc174.jpg2rlzo0o.jpg2mxegyf.jpg1108z1f.jpg2m4u5bo.jpg
2cdzy3r.jpg23msisk.jpg2d7uf6b.jpg2ih2lcl.jpgzoewwg.jpg33b1w8n.jpgzluh39.jpg
2pr89xs.jpgfeqb1c.jpg2dsiu8l.jpg2i6ow7r.jpg122n592.jpg2zqrg2r.jpgnmyst1.jpg

So you wanna be a Street Fighter?
Step 1: Fundamentals
The information in the spoiler will help you get started!
The Footsies Handbook
A list of common Street Fighter notations
A glossary of common Street Fighter terms
Shoryuken New Player Forum
Sirlin's Playing to Win Guide- Deals with mindsets and strategy.
Know your character!
[vidurl="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onvtbvgU_Rk"]Vesper Arcade Guide[/vidurl], pretty good for total newbies, gets into more advanced stuff in later chapters.
[vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDMboPnznJc]Video on hit confirming.[/vidurl]
[vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHHoGHcgK9k]Video on option selects[/vidurl]
[vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBUe7HkRkNM]Video on spacing and zoning[/vidurl]
[vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFTvXXoDNRA]First in a good series[/vidurl] of videos on zoning, knockdown and something else good that I forgot.
Vesper Arcade shows you how to do the trials
Step 2: Getting more serious.
More information than you thought existed, and arcade stick info.
The Street Fighter Wiki page
Eventhubs.com
How to read frame data.
Shoryuken Forums - Character specific forums are great!
Why good players lose to bad ones.

The best thing you can do is play people better than you. Losing sucks but you learn a lot more than from people who you just steamroll. Get in lobbies with other PAers, since we run the whole skill spectrum. They're nice and will help you with advice and stuff. Furthermore, in Super, you can watch your own replays to see why you lost! How cool is that?
Step 2a: Getting a fight stick.
The Joystick Rant
Just buy a god damn TE. Don't ask in the thread, don't second guess it, don't read reviews online, don't poll your friends. Do you know what everyone is going to tell you? GO BUY A GOD DAMN TE. You know what people will say if you ask if you should get an SE? Save yourself the trouble and buy a TE. And then you'll be like "Why is the TE so much better than the SE?" and we'll all say "The buttons suck and you'll have to replace them and it just saves a lot of time and probably money just to get the TE." And then you'll ask us "But what about a Hori stick? I heard those are good." And then everyone will say "Yeah those are okay but they're not as good as the TE or even the SE because it's harder to mod" and then some silly goose will say "Hey, I like Hori's" just to confuse you but then someone else will be like "Yeah Hori's are fine but is it better then the TE?" and the original silly goose will be like "Oh no nothing is better than the TE" because nothing is better than the TE. And then you'll ask us why the TE is so good and the answers will invariably involve the modability, out of the box professional quality parts and the overall sexiness and build quality. But then of course because you have to make this difficult you'll say "I can't use Japanese parts because I need an octo gate, I can't use a square gate, also I need a bat top and some sort of adapter to make it work and blah blah blah" and invariably someone will come in and link you all the things you just mentioned above and tell you where to buy it from.

So I just saved the whole thread like three pages of people trying to be the first to recommend the TE and the ridiculous questions that come with it. JUST. BUY. THE. T. E.

Now that we have that out of the way, here are some stick related links:
The SRK Tech Talk Forums: Everything you need to know to mod or build your own stick.
Switching from a pad to a stick.
Arcade Stick Guide - Complete with reviews, faq and glossary!
Slagcoin's Ridiculously In Depth Joystick Guide
[vidurl="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsME37GrqjY"]Ways to hold a joystick[/vidurl]
Step 3: Watching the pros, learning the matches
A Penny Arcade SSFIV RanBat?!
RANBAT TIMES VOTE CARD. (ALL TIMES EASTERN)
Ranbat Season 1 Spreadsheet
Ranbat Season 2 (Current)
I figured I'd take this time to present my ideas for our Super Street Fighter RanBat that I've had bouncing around in my head. What does RanBat stand for? RANking BATtle. All RanBats, as of now start at 9PM eastern standard time. Not central.

Players will be grouped into small round robin groups called "seeds." All players will play all other players in their seed, the player with the best record will advance from the seed to playoff brackets. The top eight players after the round robin mode of the tournament will advance to single elimination playoff bracketing. If there are less than eight seeds, then the next best player(s) (as determined by record) will advance to the playoffs. All players advancing to the top eight will earn one point. For every match won after that, advancing players will earn another two points, to a maximum of seven points for the champion. Points will accumulate week to week, to set up a player ranking.

Battles during the round robin period will be best of three games, best of three rounds. Because of the time constraints and logistical difficulty (inability to pass a turn) of attempting to run this in a lobby, it is best that you DO NOT run this in a lobby, and individually pair. Battles in the playoff period will be done as best of three games, which are best of three rounds a piece. Semifinals and finals will be best of five games. The losing player may change characters at will between games, the winning player must continue to play the same character.

Some alternative formats have been used as attendance is shaky from week to week, so you should be prepared for things that are NOT the above.

Right now, we have two singles ranbats, tuesdays and thursdays @ 9PM eastern. All characters are allowed now. There currently is no teams ranbat due to poor attendance.

So, if you have feedback or ideas, please, have at them.

The PA Fighting Game Community!
We have a friends list, you can access it here!
First, enter your data here, using this form!
Then, you can view the list of players here.

If you're on the 360, you can add the metafriend: A PA SSF4

We also made a super cool IRC room! #PAFighting at irc.slashnet.org:6667 You can use this web client if you're SUPER UNCOOL. So people know, we are naming ourselves LFG_YourName in irc if you're looking for a lobby, and LFM_YourName if you're looking for more people! Simply use /nick to change your name in chat. You should use a non web client because sometimes the web client breaks while the server is still up for some unknown reason. If you need help configuring IRC, Blackbeard made this super cool guide:
How to get mIRC working

Step 1: Go to http://www.mirc.com/ and click Download mIRC and install it. Just do all the basic stuff and let it do its thing. It's pretty fast.

Step 2: Go file > select server. Under connect, click on servers. Then click the Add button that appears on the right. Under description, put whatever you want. Under IRC server, put irc.slashnet.org, ports put 6667, and for group put #PAFighting. Password leave blank. Hit ok when done.

Step 3: Click connect again on the left menu, and fill out the nickname box and other info (I had to also do full name and email before it stopped giving me shit. I also unchecked invisible mode in case it did what it sounded like). Click the connect button under those info boxes, and wait a sec. A box should pop up asking what channel to join. Enter #PAFighting and click join. That should do it. If you get an error at this step, you may have to reopen the server select menu, click on firewall, and add port 6667. I had to, but your mileage may vary.

Know anything I'm missing? Let me know and I'll add it.

Thanks to MNC Dover, OP originator.

ChaosHat on

• SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Right, well my next challenge is to learn Hakan, always wanted to learn a grappler and he seems fun enough to make it worthwhile.

Snare on
  • DaSniper91DaSniper91 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Best Buy sent me a costume pack code today!

DaSniper91 on
  • aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    new thread is new.

aBlank on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What's with some of the trails buggin out? Like I do the command it wants but it doesn't register that's what I did so I can't continue them. Has happened for Ibuki and Juri for me.

SkutSkut on
  • shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    What's with some of the trails buggin out? Like I do the command it wants but it doesn't register that's what I did so I can't continue them. Has happened for Ibuki and Juri for me.

Like, you do the move in the combo and it doesn't register?

Or you do the entire combo and it doesn't move on?

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

? I have yet to encounter this.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • thepassengerthepassenger Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Are you sure you are doing the right command? One of the Ryu challenges involves a standing HP > SRK and I always end up doing a crouching HP > SRK. Could be something as simple as that. You're getting in a hit, but not the hit that they're looking for.

EDIT: I approve of the topic title. :)

thepassenger on
    PSN: ohvermie <- ADD ME FOR STREET FIGHTING ACTION!
  • MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    You forgot the shades.

The shades are op. It is one of my goals to FADC a flash kick into the shades.

Oh, I haven't forgotten about the shades. The shades simply needs no explanation. Anyone who can't perceive the OP of the shades isn't worthy of talking about Guile.

And that was my goal way before it was yours, goal stealer. Don't make me go back and find my quote.

Who needs FK FADC Shades when you can rush the fuck out of them and stun them. It's worth them recovering from a stun if I can put my shades on without wasting meter on a FADC, which I then use for Double Flash > Sonic Hurricane.

Morvidus on
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man, I really want to learn Dudley, but his playstyle seems so tough. I'll keep at it, but god damn my losses are embarrassing (at least until I start figuring him out more). D:

Also, haven't had a problem with the trials yet SkutSkut, so I dunno what's going on with yours.

Kris on
  • SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Having a guest sleeping in my night Street Fighting practice area makes night Street Fighting practice tough. Maybe I should start going into work earlier... I've kinda figured Guy out, all I need now is to jump into OCD practice mode.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    From the old thread:
    Antihippy wrote: »

Also, loving her ultra 2. Doesn't have the damage of Ultra 1 or the combolability but it's such a nice punishing ultra. Throw a fireball? Punish. Focus and backdashing in order to catch random hayates even though I don't throw out random hayates? Punish. Jump? Punish if you guessed right. And it's a really good escape out of pressure tool. I'm using it a bit more than Ultra 1.

I really really like Makoto's Ultra II. I have been using it way more than Ultra I since i started playing. It's very fun, although pretty situational too. Plus, i feel so boss when i combo with the Axe into EX rush punch afterwards.

However, last night i busted out some Ultra I, and i think it has a lot more utility. Being able to Ultra from a grab is pretty deadly (Even if i mess it up from time to time). You can also combo into it from an instant air MK Axe kick and it can be used as an Anti-air.

Speaking of Anti-air!

I Ultra I'd T. Hawk's air dive last night in Sol's lobby. I laughed pretty hard. T. Hawk really shouldn't dive crotch first. GG's Big Irn <3

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    sinky wrote: »
    How will I switch to OCD practice mode?

Stop taking your meds?

chamberlain on
  • SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    sinky wrote: »
    How will I switch to OCD practice mode?

Play jrpgs for 20 years.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    In what ways were Vega buffed, exactly? All I really know of is his much better ultra, new overhead, and his shit staying on longer. I was playing him a bit yesterday and it was quite a bit of fun, so I'm curious if he gained enough to actually be usable.

AshtonDragon on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Like, you do the move in the combo and it doesn't register?

Or you do the entire combo and it doesn't move on?

Well for Ibuki I was doing the wrong thing, Juri it's probably the same thing but eh I swear sometimes it messes with me like that.

SkutSkut on
    edited May 2010
    In what ways were Vega buffed, exactly? All I really know of is his much better ultra, new overhead, and his shit staying on longer. I was playing him a bit yesterday and it was quite a bit of fun, so I'm curious if he gained enough to actually be usable.

I read that EX mask throw only costs 1 EX bar to use now... WOOT! I guess the max penalty is lower too. Also his B&B combos seem to work on everyone now rather than whiffing on crouchers (example: cl.HP cr.mp XX ex wall dive whiffs on shotos in vanilla but not anymore).

aBlank on
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Had the weirdest kill on a Dudley last night.

I had him cornered and went in for an EX Headstomp in case he tried his counter. Sho'nuff, he countered, but had no life left.

The game froze for several seconds with me standing on his head. The KO! finally flashed on the screen with the announcer screaming it, then Dudley finally moves, dashing across the screen with his normal punch as I still stood there. He swung, paused, then FINALLY dropped to the ground as I landed finally.

It was really nutty.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What's the purpose of Ken's U2? It seems to fill the same role as U1.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sivraj wrote: »
    From the old thread:
    Antihippy wrote: »

Also, loving her ultra 2. Doesn't have the damage of Ultra 1 or the combolability but it's such a nice punishing ultra. Throw a fireball? Punish. Focus and backdashing in order to catch random hayates even though I don't throw out random hayates? Punish. Jump? Punish if you guessed right. And it's a really good escape out of pressure tool. I'm using it a bit more than Ultra 1.

I really really like Makoto's Ultra II. I have been using it way more than Ultra I since i started playing. It's very fun, although pretty situational too. Plus, i feel so boss when i combo with the Axe into EX rush punch afterwards.

However, last night i busted out some Ultra I, and i think it has a lot more utility. Being able to Ultra from a grab is pretty deadly (Even if i mess it up from time to time). You can also combo into it from an instant air MK Axe kick and it can be used as an Anti-air.

Speaking of Anti-air!

I Ultra I'd T. Hawk's air dive last night in Sol's lobby. I laughed pretty hard. T. Hawk really shouldn't dive crotch first. GG's Big Irn <3

If you're messing up choke -> Ultra I, you can just mash it. I originally thought I had to get timing down but no, it's completely mash-able. No timing required.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
    edited May 2010
    Morvidus wrote: »
    You forgot the shades.

The shades are op. It is one of my goals to FADC a flash kick into the shades.

Oh, I haven't forgotten about the shades. The shades simply needs no explanation. Anyone who can't perceive the OP of the shades isn't worthy of talking about Guile.

And that was my goal way before it was yours, goal stealer. Don't make me go back and find my quote.

Who needs FK FADC Shades when you can rush the fuck out of them and stun them. It's worth them recovering from a stun if I can put my shades on without wasting meter on a FADC, which I then use for Double Flash > Sonic Hurricane.

You're totally missing the point. It's, I'm so cool I don't need those two bars to beat you so I'll just put on my shades.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
    edited May 2010

goes through fireballs IIRC. Also has different combo setups.

aBlank on
    edited May 2010
    aBlank wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the purpose of Ken's Ultra 2 was "Ken players like fire, we'll give them lots of fucking fire!"

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I had a similar thing happen last night, Biz.

I believe is was vs Unsane's Ibuki. I jump in with a crossup on his wakeup, he does wakeup Ultra 2, I land behind him and activate my Ultra. Screen freezes for entire seconds, then action resumes with us on opposite sides of the screen.

I guess the game couldn't handle the awesomeness of two whiffed ultras simultaneously.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Had the weirdest kill on a Dudley last night.

I had him cornered and went in for an EX Headstomp in case he tried his counter. Sho'nuff, he countered, but had no life left.

The game froze for several seconds with me standing on his head. The KO! finally flashed on the screen with the announcer screaming it, then Dudley finally moves, dashing across the screen with his normal punch as I still stood there. He swung, paused, then FINALLY dropped to the ground as I landed finally.

It was really nutty.

I've done this, as the Dudley player with an EX Cross Counter. It's kinda neat albeit wonky as hell.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I'm pretty sure the purpose of Ken's Ultra 2 was "Ken players like fire, we'll give them lots of fucking fire!"

I've been caught by that stupid U2 twice because he spins like a dradle on steroids for like 50 million seconds. I'll think it's done and start my punish and eat like 3 more spins...

Rubix42 on
    signature goes here
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Snare wrote: »
    Right, well my next challenge is to learn Hakan, always wanted to learn a grappler and he seems fun enough to make it worthwhile.

Me too. I like his design, his music, and his moves. I've never been able to pull off a 360 in a SF game, though. Time to learn.

Delzhand on
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Snare wrote: »

Me too. I like his design, his music, and his moves. I've never been able to pull off a 360 in a SF game, though. Time to learn.

It's so, so much easier to do in SFIV. Just start from right or left, then do a 3/4 circle rotating around the bottom and ending straight up. The timing is so generous that you hardly run any risk of accidentally jumping.

wonderpug on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hiryu, that was against my bison and his pp ultra. I think it was just bad lag.

What biz is referring to is dudley's cross counter post match effect, which is I believe an homage to the same event in sf3.

Evil Multifarious on
  • TurboGuardTurboGuard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There is a serious lack of Hakan discussion.

Probably the most under-rated character in the game.

It's funny because flowchart shotos don't know what the fuck to do when you start sliding under their fireballs and grabbing them out of the air.

TurboGuard on
  • Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Looks like I'm going to be playing this on 360 as well. Just scored an SE fightstick broken and used off craig's list for cheap, ordered Sanwa stick/buttons to fix it. Making my own TE for a fraction of the cost.

Rubix42 on
    signature goes here
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm still in "wait-and-see" mode regarding Hakan. When he's on point, he's great. But the requirement of constantly re-oiling puts a damper on his offensive momentum.

I'm keeping up with him on the forum, but until certain strats are found to counter his weak areas, like wakeup and significant pressure, I'll only be playing him casually.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Biz is definitely good. But he has his short comings like most players. His j.hk crossup is his best and most impressive pressure tool. Playing against me he got most of his damage in with that. Couple of times and your down half life. Something i should definitely try to learn to improve my own game.

He wants you to try to rush him back so he can rh you into the dirt. Better to poke him and wait. His s.rh was very effective and nice at pressure, but Biz misses his c.lp, c.lp, c.mk link most of the time and he also doesn't try to get in your face with c.lk pressure or dash throws. His corner pressure can get predictable and be punished. His reflexes are quite good and he seldom squanders his super bar.

The one game (in 4) i got against him was by just being patient and deciding to not try to out rush him (a playstyle i do not enjoy in casuals).

The above is 100%. I was on autopilot (sorry guys :( ) when Valiant switched to defensive and threw me for a quick loop. I adjusted for our fourth and final, but it shows he was correct. My throw happiness starts once people get defensive :).

The link combo I do miss a lot on the PS3 controller. I miss it on the 360 some, too, but more so on this PS3 one.

My main point for bringing this up, though, is I think people REALLY overvalue the combo you mentioned.

The damage of the jumping HK, standing HK is nerfed now to 200. The distance it puts me at allows me to punish people severely who counterattack (minimum additional 100 damage if they counter attack and miss), so that's more damage then the link. I am ignoring the stun component for now.

Even if they don't and block the follow up light scissor kick, that's an additional 21 ish damage from the block damage. That puts the jumping hk, standing hk, followed by a BLOCKED light scissor kick only about 10-20 less damage then the link combo (depending on the type of scissor kick it ends with). The linked combo does LESS damage then the RH one and blocked scissor kick if you end it with a light scissor. The link combo loses automatically if they give me a way to punish them due to distance.

Additionally, unlike the link combo, the double RH doesn't knock the enemy down. Even if they block the follow up scissor kick, as Solsovly put it, I'm at neutral and still very threatening at the range I'm at due to pushback.

A lot of people focus far too much on total damage and ignore the advantage of position and pressure. I feel the focus on the "Why don't you do the 6 hit combo more?" is a prime example of this.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Still not enough. It won't be enough until even Ken's jab has fire!

Also, I have no clue, I've been sticking to U1 since it was buffed.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • RanadielRanadiel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am having a hard time figuring out the reason for Ken's U2 as well. Did you know that you can just downback the whole thing? You'll block the first hit, but after that he'll just push you across the screen, kicking and flaming until he runs out of steam. You take no damage, and are in the perfect position to punish him after he finishes.

"Completely unsafe and easily avoidable" seems to be a recurring theme in Ken's ultras. They both seem to hinge on landing that first hit, but if he misses you can put a serious hurt on him.

Had some great matches against Biz the other day. I was the one playing Gouken. There were a couple of times I thought I had you, but you always pulled out the win. Even though you were on "auto-pilot" the matches helped me get used to Bison's pressure game a bit more and anticipating where you'll end up after a succession of blocks and how to plan my next move.

Has anyone ever won a really tough match where you come out feeling accomplished, only to suffer embarrassing defeats for the next few fights? I fought a great Ryu who absolutely annihilated me the first time we matched up a couple of days ago, but took him to school this morning. After that, 3 pathetic losses to a Cody, Ken and Juri. Argh!

Ranadiel on
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The one interesting thing about Ken missing his U2 is if someone walks up behind to combo/throw, it'll kick them away from you. Found that out last night after I threw one jokingly and my friend was unable to punish it.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The "point" of Ken's U2 is that it's fully comboable in a variety of ways, and beats fireballs (from a short range, though). His old one is pretty much only good as an anti-air.

AshtonDragon on
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, Ken's Ultra's are all about comboing into them as far as I can tell, not much for punishment, ok for reversal.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
    edited May 2010
    Ranadiel wrote: »
    Has anyone ever won a really tough match where you come out feeling accomplished, only to suffer embarrassing defeats for the next few fights? I fought a great Ryu who absolutely annihilated me the first time we matched up a couple of days ago, but took him to school this morning. After that, 3 pathetic losses to a Cody, Ken and Juri. Argh!

I tend to do much better against people who actually know how to play their characters and much worse against people who are 100% random button pressers. I really dislike playing the latter because I learn absolutely nothing from those games other than once I'm tilted, I've already lost the match.

aBlank on
  • SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Are you implying that i beat you because i button mash aBlank!?

Because you'd be correct lolol

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • RanadielRanadiel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Also, Cody is a goddamn beast. I can't think of any particular weakness he has, and his slides and ruffian kicks are bullshit. -.-

Ranadiel on