As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

RADlands In which DE?AD violates men and dismembers children (...ladies)

SquallSquall hap cloudRegistered User regular
edited May 2010 in Social Entropy++
RADLands-1.png

Seven days ago, the world ended. Not with a bang, or with a whimper, but with a sound like a tractor being shoved through a wood chipper.

Grab your shotgun and don your re-purposed sporting equipment - Ragnarok's come and it's time to mess shit up.

100.png
(click for 2.0 rules)

Seasons now available in a modern art gallery (sweater vest and thick-rimmed glasses not included): [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11]

If you do not want to make a character, but would still like to bip in occasionally/fuck with the players, then do I have good news for you! Characters whose names are written in Lime may be controlled by anyone who wanders into the thread. Anyone. Just make sure to post the character's actions in Sandybrown so DE?AD notices them.

There are currently four missions happening simultaneously:

[The Deluge Part III] [Viscount Islands] [MISSION COMPLETE]
Estimated Location: Probably near Seattle
Description: You've proven your worth to Uriel, but he's made it clear that you work for him. At least you got some sweet new abilities to go with that crushing feeling of hopelessness.
Unlockable Ads: [Reign O'er Me]

[Cecil Reloaded] [VALVEjunkie, Krosius, DontShootToasters, Zanzibar, Lockout, Antimatter, Kueller] [MISSION COMPLETE]
Estimated Location: Off the coast of Argentina
Description: Cecil will not be complete until he can refill his stores of RAD, and discover his place in the Wastes. Cassandra has found a particularly large deposit of RAD coming from the sea floor off of what was once Argentina. SNN communications do not indicate the presence of any terminals there, so it should be safe to explore.
Unlockable Ads: [Steamboat Willie]

[The Bro Just Wants a New Rug, Man] [Dubh, Squall, Tommy2hands, Shabooty, Marshmallow, Cyense, Shock G, Corom] [MISSION COMPLETE]
Estimated Location: San Francisco
Description:The Bro wants a new rug. Cassandra has mentioned that there is furniture store on the other end of the city that probably would have some rugs.
Unlockable Ads: [Out of Your Element], [Goodnight, Sweet Prince]

[Dan, Interrupted] [Cheeseliker, NeoToma, Raneados, Thor4242, Dux] [MISSION COMPLETE]
Estimated Location:The Canadian Rockies
Description:
Dan has brain problems. More than most, at least. He needs to come to terms with what happened to him if he wants to mend his brain and cure his Legion's Disease in the process. Cassandra has located the mental institution Dan once occupied in the Canadian Rockies. She believes going there may help him face the truth.
Unlockable Ads: [Arkham? I barely knew 'em!]

[PENDING MISSIONS]

[Sydney's Quest for Fire] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Chicago
Description:Sydney will not be at peace until she was the strongest there every was. She needs to fully explore and understand her pyrokinesis. Cassandra has found large amounts of heat radiating from the ruins of Chicago, along with some heavy psychic energy. She believes Sydney may find what she is looking for there.
Unlockable Ads:

[Jayce Needs to Get Over Himself] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: London
Description:Jayce's internal conflict is wrecking his subneural security. He needs to find a way to deal with it, and Cassandra believes the leader of a particular mutant colony in the RADwrecked carcass of London may be able to help him gain some insight into his inner conflict.
Unlockable Ads:

[Jimothy's Mom May or May Not Have it Going On] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Miami
Description:Jimothy wants to find his mom. Cassandra hopes that doing so will sure up the security of his Subneural Signature, and Clams hopes that doing so will shut him up. Cassandra has discovered a lead on a possible genetic match in the ruins of Miami that she believes looks promising.
Unlockable Ads:

[Robots are People Too] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Tokyo
Description:Sorta. The robots need to figure out who, and what they are exactly. Until they can truly understand what they are, they can't hope to stand up to a subneural intrusion. Cassandra has found a large robot colony in Tokyo that may be able to help them discover their true potential and seal up the gaps in their Subneural Signatures.
Unlockable Ads:

[DLC MISSIONS]URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MTWSharlow%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted"]Add Points[/URL
[Warren's Crepes] [DLC] [Purchased by: Squall, Dubh, Marshmallow, DontShootToasters, Raneados, VALVEjunkie, Scarlet St., Tommy2hands]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Leo Dryer, a new refugee to The Camp, tells of a family restaurant transported into the desert. An evil presence has taken over the restaurant, causing Leo to flee in search of help. This optional task must be undertaken by a group willing to delve into the very bowels of hell to save a place that serves really really really good hash browns.
Unlockable Ads:

[Bring Down This Guy] [DLC] [Purchased by: Tommy2hands, Dux, Lockout]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Leo's sister has sent him word of a pro-human organization in Atlanta by the name of "Hellhound". Mutants have been going missing around the area, and Hellhound is believed to be the cause. She'd like someone to investigate the problem.
Unlockable Ads:

[DLC ACCESSORIZERS AND BAUBLES]URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MTWSharlow%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted"]Add Points[/URL
[Whore's Armor][25%][Armor: -5% [P] Damage; Distracting: Inflicts a -10% penalty on attacks against you, or a -15% penalty if you have Hot]

[Bloody Raccoon Armor][25%] [Leo's cousin has acquired a set of hide armor he found on a dead woodsman in what used to be yellowstone. It appears to be a heavy leather jacket lined with blood-stained, and highly iRADiated, raccoon fur. It's quite comfortable.] [Armor -5% [P] Damage; Gliding: After running your full [P] in feet, you may glide an equal distance.][32000 RADLand Points]

[Hat Pack][A collection of stylish hats.][2000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Platinum Account][A platinum card with magnetized strip. It has a picture of a starship on it. Just knowing you own the card fills you with pride and a sense of accomplishment. You gain +10% character points.][89000000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Black Account][A heavy, black graphite card with a picture of a strange city engraved into it. Just knowing you own it makes you feel suave and important. Requires Platinum Account.][Special: The Card increases your RAD cap by 10%; VIP: You're a very important person, NPCs know it, and will react favorably.][9800000000 RADLand Points]

Squall on

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Alright youse guys, it's time to make a bitchin' flag design for our crew to start scribbling everywhere

It will inspire those throughout the wastes to join our cause, and after we win there will likely be drink-spilling

Names we have come up with so far:
    The Crimson Horde
    The Crimson Wasters
    The Crimson Suns (also Crimsuns :rotate:)
    The Desert Wastrels
    The Crimson Dawn
    The Crimson Sky

It is apparent that we like that word.

Now the idea is to design a flag that epitomizes what our characters stand for, since we're all terrible nerds.

Things we might want in the design:
    • The Sun? Our enemy's base of operations is the moon, so that's pretty simple
    • Fire. Humans/Freakers/Psychers/Robots/Mutants have often been likened to a raging fire due to our FIGHTING SPIRIT
    • Goggles. They are pretty neat, and most characters have worn them at some time or another. We even put them on a truck.
    • Keep it simple. This is something that anyone in the thread should be able to scrawl
    • Fewer colors are better. The enemy is empitomized by black and lime, so we should try to avoid those colors.

Designs so far:

Suns:
    draft1_small.pngdraft4_small.png

Helms:
    draft2_small.pngdraft3_small.png

By Raneados:
    draft5.png

Talk about which ones you like, which ones suck, what could be added or removes, &c.

We might hold a poll later maybe? I dunno, this is all very silly.

Squall on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    [Broseph Smith][Dusty Bhan]Stress 0% RAD 55%
    [Skills: Wasteland Survival 43%, Materials Engineering 60%, Administration 25%]
    [Traits: Compulsive Scavenger -5%, Deep Pockets 5%, Eidetic Memory 5%, Hard to Kill 10%, Mastermind 20%, Natural Driver 5%, Eccentric -15%, RAD Dance Routine -%]

Back at base, some time before Cecil's group returns, Dusty lays out a blueprint across the table. It's a crayon diagram of an elevator on a salvaged blueprints page. On the back, one could catch a glimpse of the letters "Chuc-" as the paper settles to the surface.

telvator.png?t=1273074110

"Mission must be finished." Leaning over the picture, Dusty glances up at the group. "Bro and rug must be recovered. Elevator not found ichrrk Palomar." He pushes off the table and nods at Crabby... and walks over a chair. Dusty continues on, without a pause or a limp. "Difficult to track. Could a-a-ask Man-Sword-Shark," a hand pats Skiff's shoulder as the masked wanderer continues around the table. "Would take too long. Have beard trimmings from wizard. The othe-e-e-r wizard." Dusty looks Kruppe dead in the eye as a packet of curled hairs lands on the table. Pfff.

"Televator. Teleporting devi-i-i-ice. Can acquire coordinates through lo-o-oca-a-ation memory or physical sample. Preci-ise. Idea not gleaned arrfff a television sho-o-ow."

Dusty unhooks a tube from his belt and dumps out a pile of xeroxed papers, covering the bag of beard hair and the blueprints. Enough for everyone to have seven copies.

Needs!
    -Elevator car from Palomar
    -Scrapped Steel
    -Apple 2e computer
    -Trashcan
    -Onions
    -Milk
    -Piecrust
    -Water
    -Spice
    -Portable Telescope
    -Police Siren
    -Flatbed Truck
    -Kitchen Sink
    -Minifridge
    etc.

"Have remote location in mind. Outside rrk city. Safe from civilian interference."

[Chirp] Stress 0% RAD 0%
    [Skills Telepathy 80%, Lizard instincts 50%, Minioning 25%]
    [Traits Adorable 10%, Open Nervous System 5%, Mute -10%, Small Lizard Thing -20%]

CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRP!!

workingprt2.jpg
    [Brophase][Wolf] Stress 0% RAD 0%
    [Skills Lupine Instinct 30%, Swashbuckle 45%, Oration 43%]
    [Traits Claws 5%, Inhumanly Quick 10%, British Tar 10%, Lupine Senses 10%, Authority Pheromones 15%, Chitinous Titan 20%
    Austenism -5%, Can't Read a Damn -5%, Mutant Man's Burden -10%, Monstrous -10%]

The gears in Wolf's head whir to life as he remembers the truck gate from the Palomar. "Skiff and any other volunteers, I say, we must return to the Palomar for the lift car, the lorry and some of the bloody girders from the husk of a building! Smashing good luck that they left the trucks intact, what! Oh, we might need someone good with engine machinery..." Wolf looks a little bewildered before jumping back to life and heading to the Palomar to collect the necessary pieces.
    [Bro]
    [Kruppe] Stress 0% RAD 0% Tetsuo 0%
    Skills: [Cryokenisis] 60% [Telekenisis] 25% [History] 25%
    Traits: [Battle Sorcerer] 15% [Smart as all hell] 15% [Has a way with the written word] 5%
    [Kind Ol' Sage] 15%[Got a bit of a wizard obsession] -10% [Discordant mind and an exuberant mouth] -5% [Afraid of Big Ol' Hairy Ass Spiders] -5%

After a pleasant conversation with the crabbot, Kruppe decides to take a nice wander around the camp, looking for the materials Dusty needs. After a time, he comes upon a still functioning Apple II computer, just lying in the middle of the road. What are the odds?

But when Kruppe picks it it he finds that is not so much a computer, and is more like a spider colony. In his fright, the warlock drops the device spilling the little hellbeasts everywhere. Fortunately, there is a vintage electronics shop across the way. What are the odds! Kruppe runs in, crushing many spiders in the process.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I can't wait to see what this is all about

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Whatever you plan is, Dubh, make it snappy.

Fire Truck on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    it'll be as snappy as the rest of the group

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2010
    thanks for posting that recap dubh

design post is up, scroll up you chumps

Squall on
    edited May 2010
    You guys are awesome.

Fire Truck on
    edited May 2010
    One thing I like about the second knight helm is not the helmet itself

it's the fact that it's engulfed in flames

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Everything is very nice

I like the sun/moon juxtaposition that Rane did a lot, and the flaming sun is really cool

Has there been talk of a color scheme yet?

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
    edited May 2010
    Also, dubh, that drawing you did of the ship headed towards the moon might make a really cool flag

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
    edited May 2010
    we want as few colors and as simple of a design as possible

black and green are the colors of the enemy, but we might be able to throw a little green in ours since RAD is still used by our team

red on white was an obvious juxtaposition, and also alluded nicely to Gurren Lagann, since everyone loves it so

Squall on
    edited May 2010
    I like Rane's design because I choose to believe the sun's mustache is a reference to my character, and I am nothing if not vain.

Fire Truck on
    edited May 2010
    we went through a facial hair binge on the sun design, but I lost the gif file

it's still up on imageshack, let me pour through my browser history

Squall on
    edited May 2010
    Also, dubh, that drawing you did of the ship headed towards the moon might make a really cool flag

you have no idea how flattered I am

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2010
    If I had to choose right now I would pick the flaming sun

Kinda iffy on the helms

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
    edited May 2010
    radlogodraft3.gif
    radlogodraft5.gif

Squall on
    edited May 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    B]STYX[/B Stress 0% RAD 0%Skills: 100% Scouting 35% Diplomacy 30% Robonet Defense 35%
    Traits: (+50/-5) Yellow-Bellied -5% Stealth Module 10% Robonet Connection 5% (Meta-Trait Feature)
    Golden Blur 5% Soaring Mech 15% Kindly Soul 10% Calculating Intellect 10%

Following his upgrade, STYX grabs a list from Dusty, and looks it over. Scrapped steel should be easy to find... He hovers to the mainland and starts seeking.

I did note this happens before you guys show up! Kinda want the bro group to finish their mission

you guys probably came back when we were out and probably juuuuuust finishing

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    oh! sorry, I missed that. :( I'll delete the post, then.

Antimatter on
    edited May 2010
    Dubh wrote: »

you have no idea how flattered I am

It shows the defiance against the Crash, doing the impossible to save humanity

Also it reminded me of FF4

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
    edited May 2010
    if by 'cool flag design'

you mean 'awesome scene that we should play out'

then yes

Squall on
    edited May 2010
    yes that too

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Definitely feeling the sun/fiery stuff for the Team Emblem. Not so much for the helms, though.

Cyense on
    anteater.png
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This is so awesome. Yeah, I'm all for the sun stuff.

Dux on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Not as big a fan of the helms. I still like the sun with a mouth/mustache.

Or at least the sun with sideburns.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lame.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Flaming sun with goggles is pretty sweet.

Cheeseliker on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    yes that first sun design is aces

VALVEjunkie on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    villain.jpg

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    oh! sorry, I missed that. :( I'll delete the post, then.

don't do that it was a very good post.

Save it for later at least.

Marshmallow on
    edited May 2010
    Is that Husc's helmet?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited May 2010
    nah I always drew Husc's helmet as Spartan-esque

these are two I doodled up in a couple of minutes, we just needed more designs to pique interest and maybe spark some ideas from non-doodler players

Squall on
    edited May 2010
    Oh, alrighty.

I'll be honest I'm not feeling the Sun in general as a symbol for you guys. Neither knights. Those are a bit too...pure.

Try something a little more hodgepodge and rough around the edges.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited May 2010
    I wasn't ever really for knights, everyone else just seemed to clamour for it so I doodled it

I like the second sun design best, but it would be neat if it looked a little more slap-shod

trouble comes up when we try to keep the design simple though

that's why the sun design is so easy to draw, it can be scrawled anywhere

Squall on
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't really like the name Knights of Radonia...

I think a simple symbol of a golden sun would be fine, or maybe a star? How 'bout just a yellow smiley face? It's classic, simple, and inspires hope and happiness.

Cheeseliker on
    edited May 2010
    I like the non-flaming sun.

Fire Truck on
    edited May 2010
    I'm on the fence about the name myself

if we could think of something better I'd be all for it

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
    edited May 2010
    yessss take that dubh

Squall on
    edited May 2010
    I just endorsed the name because I love Knights of Cydonia.

Fire Truck on
    edited May 2010
    I think avoiding RAD in the name would be a good start.

The Ivory Tower Troopers?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited May 2010
    The Alliance of Alcatraz.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
This discussion has been closed.