As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Upcoming Games Thread

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Yeah, it'd be expected for whoever gets a Malk role to be a little insane, especially given how their Seer role works out.
    Well then, I recommend you give it to Rygar :P

He certainly has the crazy pinned down rather well. :P

Regardless, I don't think the DnD crowd is interested in roleplaying, during mtvcdm's game, the people who roleplayed got kicked out first or were threatened to and stopped in time. Hi Oboro. Maybe this is something for ODaM?

Aldo on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    Yeah, it'd be expected for whoever gets a Malk role to be a little insane, especially given how their Seer role works out.

Regardless, I don't think the DnD crowd is interested in roleplaying, during mtvcdm's game, the people who roleplayed got kicked out first or were threatened to and stopped in time. Hi Oboro. Maybe this is something for ODaM?

If that's the case, then it'd definitely go to ODaM. I wouldn't say roleplaying'll be required, but the game'll be a lot more interesting if characters can portray their clans.

And I'll provide elaborate details for any that aren't familiar with Vampire. Though if they've played Bloodlines, they're practically set.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Certainly, I am curious how this will work out, though.

Aldo on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Aldo wrote: »

If that's the case, then it'd definitely go to ODaM. I wouldn't say roleplaying'll be required, but the game'll be a lot more interesting if characters can portray their clans.

And I'll provide elaborate details for any that aren't familiar with Vampire. Though if they've played Bloodlines, they're practically set.

Yeah, I certainly think this is one where role playing would make it much more interesting to play, and I'd second the suggestion to do it in oDaM for that reason. I think you need to hammer out the mechanics in a bit more detail (I'm going to try to go over what you posted over in the "How to Host a Phalla" thread this weekend and come up with some more concrete suggestions), but it's definitely one I'd be interested in playing.

Nerissa on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

In that case, I'll remove you from the list.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    How are the ODaM games regulated? Do they keep a separate list, or is it like a first-come, first-serve basis?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    How are the ODaM games regulated? Do they keep a separate list, or is it like a first-come, first-serve basis?
    I have no idea how ODaM games are regulated, sorry. I only maintain the list for D&D games. I privately refer to myself as "Richy, Grand Master of D&D Games".

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I don't think there was enough interest until recently to have any regulation over there at all, since there is really no rule preventing two games from running over there at once. For now, I think it's just pretty much first-come, first-serve, but I wouldn't be surprised if we do see a sign-up list over there soon as well.

Nerissa on
    edited March 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »

I don't think there was enough interest until recently to have any regulation over there at all, since there is really no rule preventing two games from running over there at once. For now, I think it's just pretty much first-come, first-serve, but I wouldn't be surprised if we do see a sign-up list over there soon as well.

Cool, I guess I'll take the time during the Soviet one to work out the details, and see what comes up after that. This can wait at least during another game or two.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2007
    Are you going to be ready to run your game on the 16th, Hack?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    All I need is cofirmation from Gig, and I'll be set.

Hacksaw on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2007
    Since I am proceeding in ODaM you can go ahead and take me off the list.

Unknown User on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So is the next game still on schedule?

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • GiganticusGiganticus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Uh can we delay by one or 2 days? I'm currently in London (check IP, mods!) and there's weddings and stuff going on so I'm reeeaaally busy. I'll be back in the 'burgh on the 17th so I can get going then.

Giganticus on
    edited April 2007
    Giganticus wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Uh can we delay by one or 2 days? I'm currently in London (check IP, mods!) and there's weddings and stuff going on so I'm reeeaaally busy. I'll be back in the 'burgh on the 17th so I can get going then.
    I'm fine with this.

Hacksaw on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Does anybody know when the next ODaM phalla is going to be, after Rygar's is done?
    I'd like to host a very simple phalla, with a sort of role reversal, character-wise.
    And when I say simple, I mean, the basics. No fancy mechanics or specials

I got the idea from talking about the Departed, don't know if it's been done yet.
    The village would be the mob, trying to flush out the undercover police. There would be one corrupt cop, the seer, and the mob boss would be able to protect people. There would also be a hitman, obviously a vigilante.

Let me know when the next ODaM slot is open.

Me Too! on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Does anybody know when the next ODaM phalla is going to be, after Rygar's is done?
    I'd like to host a very simple phalla, with a sort of role reversal, character-wise.
    And when I say simple, I mean, the basics. No fancy mechanics or specials

I got the idea from talking about the Departed, don't know if it's been done yet.
    The village would be the mob, trying to flush out the undercover police. There would be one corrupt cop, the seer, and the mob boss would be able to protect people. There would also be a hitman, obviously a vigilante.

Let me know when the next ODaM slot is open.

This is for games in D&D. I wrote up a topic for oDaM, but I'm waiting for word from Thanatos. You are the fifth on that list.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Then where do I post to find that list, since Rygar told me to go here and mention it.

Me Too! on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Then where do I post to find that list, since Rygar told me to go here and mention it.

He already answered your question...

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited April 2007
    We getting a signups thread tonight? Were wrapping the ODaM Phalla.

Unknown User on
    edited April 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    We getting a signups thread tonight? Were wrapping the ODaM Phalla.
    Gig's at a wedding, and this ship ain't going full ahead unless all hands are on deck.

Hacksaw on
  • Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'd like to sign up for a Phalla, but I can't seem to find a rules thread anywhere...

Is Phalla a kind of game you can learn as you go?

Unearthly Stew on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'd like to sign up for a Phalla, but I can't seem to find a rules thread anywhere...

Is Phalla a kind of game you can learn as you go?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_Game Helps, as does This Thread, also there's a Phalla with a sign-up in Of Dice and Men right now.

Although, to be honest and not disparaging, but on these forums, they seem to be baptism by fire events.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    edited April 2007
    Ah it's a variant on Mafia. Ok, I've got a general idea on how to play then, thanks.

Unearthly Stew on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Uh, how's our status? Should the next people be thinking about things or is Giganticus back?

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
    edited April 2007
    So who is next on the list?

Unknown User on
    edited April 2007
    Oh, this is for signing up to host one. Nevermind my bad.

Cross me off the list.

Unearthly Stew on
    edited April 2007

It's Hacksaw/Giganticus, then Fencingsax.

Considering the lack of response, I think Fencingsax might want to start preparing.

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh sod. Okay, I'll get prepared.

Fencingsax on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »

Considering the lack of response, I think Fencingsax might want to start preparing.
    Oh man. The entire Phalla is late this time.

Elendil on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Elendil wrote: »

Over a week late.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited April 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

Over a week late.

Over wins the over/under!

Aroduc on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, how the hells am going to keep this balanced?

Fencingsax on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wait. Hacksaw planned something and didn't follow through? Shocking.

VishNub on
    edited April 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Man, how the hells am going to keep this balanced?

You can figure that out after you post the signups thread. Come on, we are getting itchy.

Unknown User on
    edited April 2007
    Okay, look. I'll give Hacks and Giganticus one day more. (heh.)

Fencingsax on
    edited April 2007

I didn't want to say anything. Heh.

tuxkamen on

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'd like a tenative place on the list. I have a pretty workable game that just needs a slight bit more working out.

Elendil on
    edited April 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

Over a week late.
    Oh shit, I think we might be pregnant!

Hacksaw on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2007
    If Richy doesn't mind, I'll be making an amendment to this system. You have to post and confirm that you'll be ready a week before the starting time. If you're not ready, then you forfeit your spot to the next person. And so on.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg