As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

you like SCHOOL in the summertime (TFS&AMP'D COME TO SENSES, SAY AMERICA IS BEST)

• LearnedHandLearnedHand Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Saammiel wrote: »

And yet these losers didn't spent god knows how long making a stalker spreadsheet. Maybe your victory isn't as complete as you think.

I work an easy job with short hours that affords me a lot of free time. Another win for me then.
    i wouldn't mind living in chicago

Of course, many areas of Chicago aren't so great. But that's not even the point. It's a relative issue.

If you want to live in Chicago, and you're from...man...even Michigan or something. Fine. That's a victory for you. You got out of Michigan.

Living in the same area you were born in is not typically the mark of success.

LearnedHand on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My hometown has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in the UK. And Europe, so its not a fab place. I'd like to get out but I don't hate it here, I just feel I can't go much further with my career and I'd like a change for the better.

Got full marks in my funeral piece exam, hurrah!

Liiya on
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    where is your hometown, Gary? Hammond?

those places are shitholes but chicago is awesome

Monoxide on
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    if you grow up by/in a really good city then bully for you

satansfingers on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I live in Detroit and things is peachy

Squall on
    edited May 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    I live in Detroit and things is peachy

are you sure that you are not in a third world country

satansfingers on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Every time I hear Detroit I think of GM factories closing and workers standing outside in the rain.

The rain that masks their tears.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm kinda surprised LH wasn't just permabanned on account of that fact that he's A) an alt and B) insufferable

MrMonroe on
    edited May 2010
    possibly

do third world countries have internet?

Squall on
  • T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey hey Learnedhand

I'm going to college far from home but I intend to come right back

I failed

T. J. Nutty Nub on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    past participles is a substantial part of my job

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    the best way to get a girlfriend is to talk to girls who you are interested in

if they seem to also be interested, you should pursue it

Skull Man on
  • celandinecelandine Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, this is silly.

First, I gotta speak up for math and science for non-scientists. If you want to go into business, poor quantitative ability is what'll screw you when you're trying to get a job. Same for public policy. Med school. Practically everything, really. More abstractly, it's a really good way to think that will help you make better decisions about real life.

There already are cooking classes; personal hygiene is your parents' job to teach you; college career centers teach job interview techniques; I wouldn't want any teacher's advice on how to get a girlfriend (check out those 1950's instructional videos -- it's hilarious).

celandine on
    I write about math here:
    http://numberblog.wordpress.com/
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    crwth I will take two bushels of blowjobs please

KalTorak on
    edited May 2010
    yeah i wish i'd learned more about past participles in high school

it would've made college much easier

satansfingers on
  • MafMaf Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    When I look back at my high school self, I am sure glad that nobody asked me what I wanted to be and that I shouldn't even try to expand my horizons. I would never have grown up. That is exactly what high school is for.

Anyways, finished my last exam of undergrad today! Now on to grad school.

Maf on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    how many parents would be happy to find out there kid is dropping french to learn how to brush their teeth and wipe their ass properly

FAQ on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »
    the best way to get a girlfriend is to talk to girls who you are interested in

if they seem to also be interested, you should pursue it

Psh, Skull Man you're so naive nothing is so simple!

First, what you need to do is make a chart containing all her favorite snacks

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
    edited May 2010
    know what I love about my hometown

it has my family and friends and basically the people I love the most

also my family has lived there for about five generations and have all been successful so fuck you learnedhand

Skull Man on
    edited May 2010
    VI is the foremost authority on baggin dames

also posting

Squall on
  • RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I wonder who Detroit looks to when they want to find a city worse off than they are.

Rinder on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If you're taking a Life Skills class
    It's because the school thinks you are too dumb to live

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited May 2010
    Rinder wrote: »
    I wonder who Detroit looks to when they want to find a city worse off than they are.

port-au-prince?

satansfingers on
    edited May 2010

'city'

Squall on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, God forbid we encourage basic scientific literacy among the youth and the general public

Grey Ghost on
  • SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Where do you even get these ideas? Did they successfully substitute all math and science classes at your high school for smug?

Also, many people like family. May be a crazy concept to you, but there it is.

Saammiel on
    edited May 2010

probably Windsor

Monoxide on
    edited May 2010

port-au-prince?

East St. Louis

Saammiel on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Yeah, God forbid we encourage basic scientific literacy among the youth and the general public

"I'm telling you people, the Earth revolves around the Sun!"
    "BURN HIM!"

KalTorak on
  • T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Fucking science, how does it work?

T. J. Nutty Nub on
  • SniperLogicSniperLogic ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

And yet these losers didn't spent god knows how long making a stalker spreadsheet. Maybe your victory isn't as complete as you think.

I work an easy job with short hours that affords me a lot of free time. Another win for me then.

Of course, many areas of Chicago aren't so great. But that's not even the point. It's a relative issue.

If you want to live in Chicago, and you're from...man...even Michigan or something. Fine. That's a victory for you. You got out of Michigan.

I wonder if this is your measure of success since it is all you have to show for the past 12 years (i.e. moving away)?

SniperLogic on
    Steam/PSN: StandrdDeviation
    BNet: StandrdError#1826
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lots of people like where they were born

Even if you think you've got a "better" job than them, if they're happy with where they are and what they're doing, then you don't "win"

edit: "winning" is an absurd concept here anyway

Grey Ghost on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    classes on how to get a girlfriend I mean really

FAQ on
    edited May 2010

Where do you even get these ideas? Did they successfully substitute all math and science classes at your high school for smug?

his family taught him that leaving the home town and never coming back was the best way to live life for obvious reasons

satansfingers on
    edited May 2010

his family taught him that leaving the home town and never coming back was the best way to live life for obvious reasons

He resides in London after all!

Saammiel on
    edited May 2010

I wonder if this is your measure of success since it is all you have to show for the past 12 years (i.e. moving away)?

Don't you remember, Sniper?

LH is a professional.

Like, he's waaay more professional than anyone else. Ever.

Jean Reno was in a movie about him.

KalTorak on
    edited May 2010
    if you're thirty fucking years old and you're facebook stalking people you haven't seen in over a decade to make a chart to see who "won" from high school you aren't winning

in fact, you're losing

because you're a loser

Skull Man on
    edited May 2010

the people who convinced him to move away forever are the real winners here

too bad for the people of London though

Monoxide on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Aw darn, I want to move to London.

Liiya on
    edited May 2010
    Liiya wrote: »

Aw darn, I want to move to London.

poor form Liiya

Skull Man on
This discussion has been closed.