As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect Thread: LegionOverlordEDI3way.txt

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »
    nah, I just want a nice cool finale

but it'll be better for the waiting

Yeah, hold out. Everything after you go through the relay just makes you feel like an incomparable badass. That's a pretty good reward, and it'll be worth the wait.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »
    nah, I just want a nice cool finale

but it'll be better for the waiting

That's a good reward for making it through finals. Two more weeks and I'm done with my set, holy fuck Stokes', Divergence, etc. are kicking my ass right now. :? I'll have to reward myself with continuing my last run.

Orca on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Naphtali wrote: »
    So we're basically done for DLC that we know of for a while, right? Nothing else has been announced?
    They've announced that they have something left to announce. They also announced in the announcement for the coming announcement that the announcement of whatever DLC is coming will be announced the beginning of this week. Thus far their second announcement has yet to be announced.

what

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So we're basically done for DLC that we know of for a while, right? Nothing else has been announced?
    They've announced that they have something left to announce. They also announced in the announcement for the coming announcement that the announcement of whatever DLC is coming will be announced the beginning of this week. Thus far their second announcement has yet to be announced.

what

From G+T: http://masseffect.bioware.com/info/dlc/

Orca on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Orca wrote: »

what

From G+T: http://masseffect.bioware.com/info/dlc/

Wow, reselling me some armor I already have.

Wonderful.

Why the hell isn't this Cerberus Network content?

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So much for Inferno armor being exclusive.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So basically the Cerberus Network gave us enough to cover the cost of a new Cerberus Network card. After that, it's all for pay.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i'm waiting for the DLC that gives you a new mission where you have to infiltrate a Blue Suns base to find out about upcoming DLC.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    mister tuxedomister tuxedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i'm waiting for the DLC that gives you a new mission where you have to infiltrate a Blue Suns base to find out about upcoming DLC.
    Now there's the sense of creativity I was looking for. Metagaming, here we come.

mister tuxedo on
    Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment/ PO Box 20068/ 104 60 Stockholm/ Sweden
    Send them a Pair of Running Shoes. Used or Otherwise. Or a letter, but let's not be formulaic. Send them a picture of trainers, too. Or a painting. Or money. Whatever.
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    oh man I can't wait to buy that armor on friday

Skull Man on
  • Options
    BirudojinBirudojin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's out today I believe - no need to wait until Friday.

Birudojin on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I am waiting until friday

Skull Man on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    biru's just trying to feed his kids

he needs the dlc scratch or else he'll have to eat his kids and start again

Nuzak on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I just beat Dragon Age
    I think I made the "wrong" choice with the dwarves since in the epilogue all went to shit. Harrowmont got dead, golems fucked shit up, et cetera

Morrigan's a stone cold bitch and she's having my baby.

I guess I need to play through the game like a million times to see everything.

Javen on
  • Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    I think I made the "wrong" choice with the dwarves since in the epilogue all went to shit. Harrowmont got dead, golems fucked shit up, et cetera

Don't worry. The whole "right/wrong" thing gets skewed in that game. The "good" choice is not always the "right" choice.

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    mister tuxedomister tuxedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MoosehatIV wrote: »

Don't worry. The whole "right/wrong" thing gets skewed in that game. The "good" choice is not always the "right" choice.
    I sincerely hope that's the case in ME3 as well.
    I'm tired of this paragon of the universe bullcrap.

mister tuxedo on
    Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment/ PO Box 20068/ 104 60 Stockholm/ Sweden
    Send them a Pair of Running Shoes. Used or Otherwise. Or a letter, but let's not be formulaic. Send them a picture of trainers, too. Or a painting. Or money. Whatever.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

But who will walk those grandmas across the street then?

Orca on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    alright, i might be picking at nits here, but
    how exactly did Shepard's body remain intact enough for it to be recoverable at the start of the game?

i know the Redemption comics covers how Cerberus eventually acquired his body, but it still doesn't explain how his body could have survived planetfall in any way.

was this ever explained anywhere? was his suit's kinetic barrier still working or something?

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    how exactly did Shepard's body remain intact enough for it to be recoverable at the start of the game?

i know the Redemption comics covers how Cerberus eventually acquired his body, but it still doesn't explain how his body could have survived planetfall in any way.

was this ever explained anywhere? was his suit's kinetic barrier still working or something?
    I didn't think he hit the planet, just froze in orbit.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    SilvenSilven Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

They show him kind of burning as he starts falling toward the planet

Silven on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MoosehatIV wrote: »

I sincerely hope that's the case in ME3 as well.

I feel like one game is meant to feel separate from another.

ME is supposed to have distinct good/bad decisions, that's why it keeps track.

Dragon Age has no alignment system.

Javen on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

It isn't explained

Everything about Shepard's resurrection is sketchy as hell

I like it.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Seriously wrote: »

It isn't explained

I like it.

i suppose i do too. gives Shepard a bit of a messianic thing goin on.

it'd be funny if 1000 years from the events of the ME trilogy, Shepardianity becomes the most popular religion in Citadel space.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Yea, let us spill these drinks in His Name

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Shepperd was fine because of Mass Effect fields. :^:

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Yea, let us spill these drinks in His Name

and forgive us our facepunches, as we facepunch those who trespass against us.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Blaket wrote: »

Shepperd was fine because of Mass Effect fields. :^:

A biotic did it.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    dark energy

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

It isn't explained

I like it.

it'd be funny if 1000 years from the events of the ME trilogy, Shepardianity becomes the most popular religion in Citadel space.

there's so many conflicting reports on what happened to shepard anyway

miranda suggests he was burned from the explosion and froze in orbit

jacob suggests he was just meat and tubes, like he had hit the planet or something

i mean you find shepard's helmet on the planet below, so

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »

It isn't explained

I like it.

there's so many conflicting reports on what happened to shepard anyway

miranda suggests he was burned from the explosion and froze in orbit

jacob suggests he was just meat and tubes, like he had hit the planet or something

i mean you find shepard's helmet on the planet below, so

and legion's wearing a piece of the N7 armor after it somehow came off Shep...

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Honestly, don't think about the physics too much. The Normandy would be spread across half a continent if it went down like that. Shepard, since he/she was in a roughly equivalent decaying orbit would have probably burned up on re-entry, or squashed flat somewhere within the (huge!) impact zone. If Shepard just sat there in orbit, the Normandy should have as well.

It's like the Cain. Yes it's a nuke, no you can't blow out the door with it. Just don't think about it and enjoy the ride.

Orca on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    No Orca the Normandy's mass effect drive held the ship together.

Blake T on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mass Effect Fields= Magic

Need to travel to another galaxy? No prob, mass effect drive. Need to not die when a dozen people are peppering you with bullets? Mass effect field! Need to be resurrected from the dead? I'm pretty sure mass effect drives/fields had something to do with it

Man, I wish I had a mass effect field so I could fly. I bet it could be used for flying. I'm adding that to the repertoire of things that mass effect fields can do

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    well with morinth's dominate, apparently mass effect fields can fucking brainwash people, so

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Nah, I'm pretty sure it was dark energy that brought Shepard back from the dead.

Or wait!

Maybe it was mass effect fields driven by dark energy!

Orca on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Holy shit man

Orca you're talking crazy right now, dark energy-powered mass effect fields would just be too powerful

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Mass Effect Fields= Magic

Need to travel to another galaxy? No prob, mass effect drive. Need to not die when a dozen people are peppering you with bullets? Mass effect field! Need to be resurrected from the dead? I'm pretty sure mass effect drives/fields had something to do with it

Man, I wish I had a mass effect field so I could fly. I bet it could be used for flying. I'm adding that to the repertoire of things that mass effect fields can do

They can already do that. It would just be using Lift on yourself.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Whoa guys, don't forget that mass effect fields can apparently be used creatively for pleasure during sex.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    yeah

but mass effect fields can't buy me love

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    But used correctly, mass effect fields can make love.

Seriously on