As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Modern Warfare 2: Fuel Spill

• ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »
    This is why I'm playing old games. Like the good Command and Conquers.

Generals?

That and RA2/RA2:YR.

:^:

Arrath on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jaunty wrote: »
    how many hours of play did you guys get in before you became the embittered husks that we see today? Because I just got this last free weekend and now I'm worried for my immortal soul.

The trick is: don't play the game when you're in a bad mood. If you start getting your ass kicked, leave the server and join a new one.

urahonky on
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, I never actually got to play the PC demo of MW2.

But at least it refreshed me on why I hate PC gaming in general.

Blurbl on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jordan and I need more people to play with. C'mon other people who aren't visiting their mom today! :wink:

iTunesIsEvil on
  • DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jordan and I need more people to play with. C'mon other people who aren't visiting their mom today! :wink:

Are you on PC? or XBOX?

I am on steam if PC DigitalSyn is my name.

DigitalSyn on
    Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So...I was on Overgrown facing off against a sniper. I was on the second floor and he was outside I'd crouched down so he couldn't hit me and he still managed to hit me .

Looked at his killcam and he just kept no-scoping until his rifle magically found my body through the floor he was shooting for the penetration kill.

I would have been a lot angry if I didn't manage to kill him 4 times in a row shortly afterwards.

Dragkonias on
    edited May 2010
    DigitalSyn wrote: »

Are you on PC? or XBOX?

360 :(

Guuuuuuuuys!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • SquabmanSquabman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So...I was on Overgrown facing off against a sniper. I was on the second floor and he was outside I'd crouched down so he couldn't hit me and he still managed to hit me .

Looked at his killcam and he just kept no-scoping until his rifle magically found my body through the floor he was shooting for the penetration kill.

I would have been a lot angry if I didn't manage to kill him 4 times in a row shortly afterwards.

Was it a no-scope or a quickscope. I have had plenty of instances where I crouch behind cover just to have a sniper quickscope really high above me and still nail me with a headshot somehow, despite me being on the ground (gotta love magical bullets)

Squabman on
    lagbagg.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Squabman wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Was it a no-scope or a quickscope. I have had plenty of instances where I crouch behind cover just to have a sniper quickscope really high above me and still nail me with a headshot somehow, despite me being on the ground (gotta love magical bullets)

Yeah. It was quickscope. Just kept zooming in and out without aimming until his gun tracked over me even though I wasn't on the screen.

Dragkonias on
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    urahonky wrote: »
    Jaunty wrote: »
    how many hours of play did you guys get in before you became the embittered husks that we see today? Because I just got this last free weekend and now I'm worried for my immortal soul.

The trick is: don't play the game when you're in a bad mood. If you start getting your ass kicked, leave the server and join a new one.

>implying there are servers to leave :P

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    edited May 2010
    Server, lobby, group, whatever. Sometimes I'll leave 10 before finding a good one.

Arrath on
    edited May 2010
    Haha yeah :P I meant the lobby. This is usually how it goes:

*find a server*
    *found one: Quarry TDM*
    *leave*
    *find a server*
    *found one: Score 8900 to 1200*
    *leave*
    *find a server*

Profit?

Usually I find one in about the same time Arrath.

urahonky on
  • SanguinarySanguinary Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    damnit mirage, what do I do in uo?

I'll probably be on a little later if anyone else is about.

Sanguinary on
    "Und... under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumbass"

"I don't even bother to use my brain any more! There's nothing left in it"
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    DigitalSyn wrote: »

Are you on PC? or XBOX?

You should probably add me on Steam.

SirToasty on
    edited May 2010
    Usually I find one in about the same time Arrath.

And it pays off too. The other day I got into a game with a random who was useful. He knew what he was doing, was fun to chat with, called out enemies, etc. It was refreshing.

Arrath on
  • MoogleofdoomMoogleofdoom Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sanguinary wrote: »
    damnit mirage, what do I do in uo?

I'll probably be on a little later if anyone else is about.

Start with 50 magery/50 resist. Macro music/provo at the brit stables. Get cash. Magery/restist. Then med/eval int. Seventh skill is dealer's choice. There's your first character. I'm about to make a thread about this game to see if anyone else wants to subject themselves to this game.

On target: I left my xbox at my apartment for the weekend, you guys are going to have to do without me. I'm sure you'll deal. Happily I'll be back to my apartment tomorrow evening and ready to devote hours to shooting mans.
    Also: I'm about 100 miles into my lightweight class. Goddamn it. Two-fifths of the way there, on the bright side after this prestige I only have One Man Army (what? How is this not been done already?) and then the dreaded SitRep. *cue scary music* I don't know if I want to do Sit Rep at next prestige or wait until 9, which is where I plan to stop. I'm coming up on five right now I think.

Moogleofdoom on
    Sometimes magic sounds like tape, Robert.
    xbl: Mirage84
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is it safe to play this on PC without getting hacked yet?

AnteCantelope on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dunno, but I'd say its calmed down a bit.

QUICK SCOPING WITH THERMAL P90s.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dunno, but I'd say its calmed down a bit.

QUICK SCOPING WITH THERMAL VECTORS!!!.

That's better.
    And I'm installing RA:2 again for the first time in 6 years thanks to you guys.

Jerks.

Dox the PI on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I bought the disks when they were new then lost the CD code.

So I had to procure it through questionably legal interweb means, and now I can't play it online. sadface.jpg

Wait, can you install YR without the YR code, or do you need that as well as the base RA2?

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fuck, when the lag is bad in this the game is completely unplayable. I was emptying UMP magazines into people to no effect, having it just randomly freeze up for 5-10 seconds every minute, and so on and so forth ad infinitum. I don't understand how it connects to the internet; usually I have a really good connection, I'm host, nobody ever complains about lag. Then on some days it says I have strict NAT (resetting computer and modem changes nothing) and I've got 100-500 ping constantly. Shame there's no system dedicated to serving this issue.

AnteCantelope on
    edited May 2010
    Shit suxx. We ran into a guy who was throttling his connection as host, where at least 2 people had yellow bars so it wouldn't transfer hosts. He just ran around fucking us up.

But then we backed out and all was cool. Some switch flipped where I've stopped being frustrated and started fucking around, not giving a shit. It's much better.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Shit suxx. We ran into a guy who was throttling his connection as host, where at least 2 people had yellow bars so it wouldn't transfer hosts. He just ran around fucking us up.

But then we backed out and all was cool. Some switch flipped where I've stopped being frustrated and started fucking around, not giving a shit. It's much better.

That switch flipped for me a long time ago. Occasionally I'll curse under my breath, but hey, I'm happy with my performance.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm a lifetime member of the rage.

Tridus1x on
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Almost a whole page of people hatin' on the game. Where's the love?

After much rage, I eventually gave in and made an easy mode class (called TwentyCharacterLimit, because it made my friends laugh):

M4A1 with ACOG, M10 with Grip, Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro, Ninja Pro.

Was the game always this easy?

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited May 2010
    :^: M10. I got my extended mags back either yesterday or Saturday. Can't remember for sure, but it was quick. I use the crap outta that shotty.

Re: game rage. I'm glad I took a timeout to play Assassin's Creed II when I did. I missed some of the worst glitching, and it gave me a break that I probably needed. It does suck though because some people are now a little worn out on the game while I'm still in "FILLIN' BARS, BABY" mode. See: Scat. :wink:

At any rate: be on tonight, you bastards! Took forever yesterday to get a full-ish party (and then I left at 8 in the evening :P).

iTunesIsEvil on
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    :^: M10. I got my extended mags back either yesterday or Saturday. Can't remember for sure, but it was quick. I use the crap outta that shotty.

Yeah, as I said a couple pages back I went from discovering the thing to 111 kills in one sitting, and now have 3 M10 classes. Extended Mags would basically make the thing the very embodiment of perfection.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited May 2010
    Finally mastered the AUG last night. I feel good at least getting one gun mastered.

urahonky on
    edited May 2010
    Finally mastered the AUG last night. I feel good at least getting one gun mastered.
    'Grats! My first was the Famas last week. :oops: They forced me to though! The other night everone in the party decided to run mastery titles, and I was all "so, about me not having a single weapon mastered yet."

I got the SCAR knocked out over the weekend though, so I can use that instead of the magic wand mastery title. :P

iTunesIsEvil on
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    those first two rounds last night where we ran into our bizarro nemesis party were fucking hilarious. The first round was entirely explosives, then the next round Scat and I ran around quickscoping our thermal P90s for great success.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I might start running the M240 mastery title.

90% of other people will have no idea what gun it is, the other 10% will pity me for the suffering it took to get it.

Blurbl on
    edited May 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »

90% of other people will have no idea what gun it is, the other 10% will pity me for the suffering it took to get it.
    That's the last LMG to unlock, right? They should've done the RPD like they did the AK and made it the last since it's (arguably) the best LMG.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The PC version is officially out of control. I mean, it was bad before, but yesterday I had to just say "screw it" and embrace it.

I've been playing a lot of ground war, for for about 6 hours yesterday, every single game I joined was being run by a "modified" host. Some of the modes they were employing were kind of fun: Low gravity, super jumps, unlimited ammo (hilarity with an AC130)... and some were not so fun, like granting us level 70. I managed a couple free prestige levels out of it, but really, it's totally crazy right now. The good news is, it appeared to be limited to ground war... MTDM wasn't as bad.

DietarySupplement on
    edited May 2010
    AUG > RPD.

urahonky on
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just unlocked the SPAS Vet I title and Sponge III emblem (the shark mouth nose art), so I've been running those.

TheCanMan on
    edited May 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »

That's the last LMG to unlock, right? They should've done the RPD like they did the AK and made it the last since it's (arguably) the best LMG.

Are you implying the AK is (arguably) the best AR? :lol:

It's garbage at anything more than 50 yards. I had a game this morning with a screw-around class (Bling, SP, Ninja) with an AK (HBS + Holo) and a SPAS (Silencer + Grip). AK is beast at close range, as expected, and the silenced SPAS is a squeaky-toy filled with "fuck you"

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited May 2010
    AUG > RPD.
    Where's McDermott, he'll set you straight.

Yeah, I know. The AUG has the same stats as the RPD (I think?), but a smaller mag and fewer overall rounds you carry. I still like the RPD better if I'm running around with an LMG.

[ed] @ Scat: No, "arguably" was regarding RPD being the best LMG. The AK is ... meh. Sometimes its beastly, sometimes not. I don't have that bad of a problem with it at range. Were you using irons or a red-dot? 'Cause the irons on that thing fuck me up. I originally thought I liked 'em, but now they just seem horrible.

[ed v2] Oooh, holo and you still had trouble. Yeah, dunno what to tell you. Maybe you got f'd by the host or something? Or you just can't aim! NOOB! <runs away, hopes Scat doesn't join a match with me on the opposing team>

iTunesIsEvil on
  • HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is it just me, or is it almost impossible to flank effectively without a silencer attached?

After entering second prestige today and suddenly being deprived of the unholy silenced ump I discovered a warm river of lead whenever I attempt to ambush the other team from behind.

Hibernus on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sniping is harder than I thought it would be. People always seem to gravitate towards me. :?

Rizzi on
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Suppressors are ridiculously OP in this game, it's wonderful.

Senshi on
This discussion has been closed.