As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW-EU] www.obsidianspur.eu

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Heeeeey fellas

is this guild active at all? I just ordered WoTLK so I'll be in need of a guild soon. I was a part of the original Obsidian Spur before it got all wonky, so I'm looking forward to playing with more PA people

I'll vouch for him being about as crazy as Wavefront, so he'll fit right in!

Echo on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The guild right now is certainly active, though not very large. Daytime it's quiet, with 1-3 dudes online, evenings go up to 10 maybe. Just shy of it's own 10 man raid currently, mostly on healing slots by the chatter (I'm currently levelling, so not sure).

Due to the current raid content, everyone is pugging 25mans left and right though. All but the hardest dungeon gets organized in LFG day and night it seems. (They do check gear scores, and often achievements).

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in the guild who was in the OS on Shadow Moon (Maltor there).

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cool. So hows pvp these days?

because that's probably what i'll be doin'

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited May 2010
    oh god you're on a pve server

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    sux2BU

Senshi on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    World PvP would seem pretty much dead to me though.... the amount of people levelling is low, people queue for dungeons with instant transports. I doubt an 80 who doesn't fish/mine/herb/daily quest sets foot outside Dalaran much.

SanderJK on
    edited May 2010
    I usually only do three things in MMO's:
    • I level alts
    • I PvP wherever I can
    • I gather resources

As such, PvP servers really fit me better, even if it's just one random encounter with an enemy every blue moon. I love random encounters, they are what made 1-60 so enjoyable for me back when I still played WoW.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just keep yourself flagged and you'll get encounters.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Everyone and their mother is too busy flying all over the fucking place to pvp out in the "wild" as it were.

J on
  • Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah it's kinda sad how getting on a flying mount basically makes you immune to pvp.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited May 2010
    Organized PvP is the worst thing they ever put in this game

as much as I hate wow pvp, world pvp is fun as fuck, but the super gay "esports" attitude that arena has is the cancer that is killing wow

Senshi on
    edited May 2010
    Are there any plans for set raid nights? Friends of me want to restart the tabletop night, either on Wed or Thu, I'd rather plan it so that and me hopefully joining the 10manning don't clash every week....

SanderJK on
    edited May 2010
    Do you guys just run 10 mans or do you band together for some 5 mans in the evenings?

If so I might switch over and sub up early at some point to grind out some more heirloom gear. I know I could just use LFD but I hear such horror stories about randoms and I haven't done most of the 5 mans despite being 25 man ulduar geared. I hate being that guy who doesn't know what he's doing but I guess is just 5 mans, how much can I really fuck it up right!?

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    People bitch a lot about LFD... but from my point of view PUG quality has risen quite a bit since I played (TBC days). In general you get relatively competent players, you get your groups together fast. The main downside is the anonimity (people tend to speak very little, cause they don't know you, and probably won't meet you again), and the focus on just churning out the dungeon asap. Of course there is the occasional moron (Yesterday someone spotted an expertise gemmed warlock), but it's at least as common to get bitched at for being "undergeared" it seems.

SanderJK on
    edited May 2010
    I am debating on whether to do the raid on Wednesdays or Thursdays. I am presonally in favor of Thursdays because Wednesdays seems more laggy since everyone's raiding that evening.

Also I agree with the pug thing, we do 5 mans together, but pugs aren't that bad really. I think that maybe certain battlegroups are worse than others and that's where the majority of those stories come from.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited May 2010
    What I am trying to say here is: Americans are inherently bad at video games. 8-)

Prof. Awesome on
    edited May 2010
    Europeans are hardly any better

see: azuremyst
    see: all German CS players, ever

Senshi on
    edited May 2010
    Successful night of raiding today, as always broken up by disconnects and lag etc. It's like people's routers are just made of reconfigured Tandys and C64s

Prof. Awesome on
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sorry Sol and I haven't been around, we're busy with that thing that cannot be named lest we get hit by the NDA-stick

Junpei on
  • KagliciousKaglicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

This intrigues me.

Same here, would mean i'd need to pay for a second faction transfer on my rogue but I loved my time in the spur. Haven't played since it split, mainly for lack of time but I should be getting some free again for shenanigans.

Will be getting a goblin at cata too if there's going to be a guild group levelling team or whatever.

Kaglicious on
    edited May 2010
    I'll probably level a goblin Mage at release and then race change my shammy as soon as it becomes available.

Senshi on
    edited May 2010
    How much do frost lotus go for on your server?

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    About 20g, they aren't worth a lot anymore since they implemented Frozo.
    Junpei wrote: »
    Sorry Sol and I haven't been around, we're busy with that thing that cannot be named lest we get hit by the NDA-stick
    Damn you, having all that fun without us. :c

Prof. Awesome on
    edited May 2010
    Ah yeah that makes sense, I couldn't work out the reason for the drop.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    About 20g, they aren't worth a lot anymore since they implemented Frozo.

Implemented what now?! Sigh, got some more stuff to learn then :(

e: after some reading though, that's pretty awesome, was it to help people do icc raids easier in terms of getting flasks and crafting new items?

Kaglicious on
    edited May 2010
    I guess so, and it did exactly that for me.
    I was shadowing it up on Kolbert when we needed a new tank. At that point my warrior's gear was horrible, but I had some frozen orbs lying around so that really helped me gear up without breaking the bank.

Prof. Awesome on
    edited May 2010
    I walk around with 70 flasks in my bags these days, and I've still got the mats for like 60 more.

Senshi on
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man in sure I've still got flasks from wave in my bags.

Norgoth on
    edited May 2010
    Wavefront Flasks Inc.

We last longer.

Senshi on
    edited May 2010
    Well, I started the server transfer today, if blizzard are to be believed that'll take an hour or so. Then I just have to change factions back to my beloved horde and i'll be back hopefully enjoying this game again with you all!

Kaglicious on
    edited May 2010
    icc10 tomorrow, wanna attempt dreamwalker this time.

Also: Hey Kagz!

Prof. Awesome on
    edited May 2010
    For those suffering connection problems specific to WoW (everything works but WoW keeps DC'ing you):
    Consider installing an Addon bandwidth monitor.

I know that in the past, we had our raid turn off all Recount synching because of the bandwidth it used. (Back then, Recount sent out about 10x more data then other mods combined, not sure how it is now).

I also once set up a simple latency tracker to figure out network issues, with a program such as http://www.pingplotter.com/. Basicly, I had it track google.nl & wow-europe.com during raids and such, and ended up noticing huge spikes in my latency, which in the end turned out to be crappy firewall software. There's a myriad of possible sources of course...

SanderJK on
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm sure you guys have been, but just in case you were wondering, it's still cool to use my vent server while Sol and I are doing other stuff.

Junpei on
  • RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm so in. Ninjaloot - rogue orc standing by!

RichardTauber on
    edited May 2010
    icc10 tomorrow, wanna attempt dreamwalker this time.

Also: Hey Kagz!

Tomorrow as in Wednesday? 1900 server?

Is vare gonna be on time or am I gonna have to choke that motherfucker

Senshi on
    edited May 2010
    Yeah well...

Prof. Awesome on
  • VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man, its like, I dunno, ritual or some shit, that either me, or you (Wave) have to be about an hour late. For everything. Or we have to turn up, just as a replacement is found. It's like practically law around these parts.... :D

Varethius on
    edited May 2010
    I'm always fashionably late

you, on the other hand

Senshi on
  • JivesJives Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Any chance I could get in on this..

after my exams finish of course.

(I have a level 80 warrior, draenei, I was in the last eu guild but I quit for a while when we all transferred server due to lack of funds)

Jives on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2010
    Did you forget how we solved that?

Tell Var the raid starts an hour earlier than it really does.

Echo on