As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[End of Nations] - The MMORTS

ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
navlogo.png

I thought it was time to throw the RTS lovers a bone. Welcome "End of Nations" to the scene.

Official Description:
End of Nations brings real-time strategy (RTS) and massively multiplayer online (MMO) games together for a gaming experience that is a revolutionary leap forward.

End of Nations takes place on an unprecedented scale, where your strategy on and off the battlefield can mean the difference between victory and defeat.

Play solo or team up with thousands of gamers to combat the Order of Nations as you develop your Commander class and grow your forces.
Quickly join the battle and deploy units, weapons, and technologies you've acquired through combat experience, manufacturing, and research to fully realize the strategic possibilities of deploying a constantly evolving army.
Watch as the geopolitical map of the persistent world changes with each battle, and increase the influence you and your allies have with each victory.
End of Nations thrusts you into a world where your enemy today could be your ally tomorrow.

Key Features

Cooperate & Conquer: Team up with legions of fellow Commanders and take part in a game-wide cooperative effort on a massive scale. Complete large-scale missions and experience true camaraderie on the battlefield as you campaign against a foe too great for any one Commander to handle.

Persistent RTS Action: Whenever you want, engage in ongoing conflicts where you can join, leave, and play in a massive persistent world. Take on the Order of Nations independently or with a group of other Commanders; or clash with rival Commanders in faction-versus-faction battles.

Command Through the Ranks: Battle alongside both new recruits and veteran commanders, where every shot fired, mission completed, and battle won will grant your Commander experience points. Increase your rank, unlock new units and abilities, and expand your headquarters over time.

Design the Perfect Strategy: Whether you hand-pick individual units from the battalions you’ve acquired, or deploy entire battalion sets for their powerful bonus abilities, you can design the perfect battlefield strategy from a vast array of unit combinations.

There are not that many pure MMORTS games out there, so this might be worth keeping an eye on.

t5qfc9.jpg
Zzulu on

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I knew this day would come. When someone would make one of these.

*straps on a hard hat*

I'm ready.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This better be awesome.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Shattered Galaxy anyone?

vhzod on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    vhzod wrote: »
    Shattered Galaxy anyone?

That's what I thought of.

If done well this could be interesting.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'd play it. Unless there's a monthly fee involved. Although sg never did rectify low level people getting dominated by high level guys.

vhzod on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It is worth noting that apparently these developers are the ex-developers from Westwood Studios

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    vhzod wrote: »
    I'd play it. Unless there's a monthly fee involved. Although sg never did rectify low level people getting dominated by high level guys.

F2P just means it'll be cash shop customers dominating free play people, so I hope there's some kind of fee.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on