As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat]abeetus

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Dear mr. impatient hotshot tank: those Plagueborn Horrors before Ick in Pit of Saron?

Yeah, pulling four at once saves us exactly zero time. Especially when we wipe because everyone is on a different add and can't kill them before they asplode. And then mr. impatient hotshot tank somehow takes a full minute longer than everyone else to get back to PoS.

Oh shit, I do that for the lulz.

But, I run with a healer that DPSes when I Do it.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Dear mr. impatient hotshot tank: those Plagueborn Horrors before Ick in Pit of Saron?

Yeah, pulling four at once saves us exactly zero time. Especially when we wipe because everyone is on a different add and can't kill them before they asplode. And then mr. impatient hotshot tank somehow takes a full minute longer than everyone else to get back to PoS.

Wait those adds explode?

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    So now I'm trying to tease out ideas about how some of these new class / races would be RP'd. Thinking about goblin and dwarven shaman is a bit of a challenge. Because they still need to maintain their racial profile.

Goblin shaman is easy!

"Listen here, spud. We live in a crazy world, full of crazy elements. Fire gods ruling whole clans of crazy dwarves, and the ocean trying to eat our home because it's freaking evil. But goblin ingenuity is here to save the day! By careful application of basic engineering principles, we can enslave those elements and turn them on themselves. Ragnaros giving you a hard time? Cool him off with a spray of Neptulon's stolen essence from your IslesTech Megablaster 2000. Now, someone is inevitably going to call your Megablaster a 'water totem,' but that's just the primitives talking. They think we're shamans, and that we revere the elements and work to keep the natural balance.

Whatever, kid. We're goblins. We control the situation, turn a profit, and look for the next opportunity."

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mouschi wrote: »
    So now I'm trying to tease out ideas about how some of these new class / races would be RP'd. Thinking about goblin and dwarven shaman is a bit of a challenge. Because they still need to maintain their racial profile.

Goblin shaman is easy!

"Listen here, spud. We live in a crazy world, full of crazy elements. Fire gods ruling whole clans of crazy dwarves, and the ocean trying to eat our home because it's freaking evil. But goblin ingenuity is here to save the day! By careful application of basic engineering principles, we can enslave those elements and turn them on themselves. Ragnaros giving you a hard time? Cool him off with a spray of Neptulon's stolen essence from your IslesTech Megablaster 2000. Now, someone is inevitably going to call your Megablaster a 'water totem,' but that's just the primitives talking. They think we're shamans, and that we revere the elements and work to keep the natural balance.

Whatever, kid. We're goblins. We control the situation, turn a profit, and look for the next opportunity."

I don't know why I didn't think of it as goblins attempting to enslave the elements. That's so what it is.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

Fuck, what about Death Knights?

I guess you could say your Death Knight was a human who was infected with the Worgen Curse after the fact.

But that would make your DK one unlucky guy.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I guess you could say your Death Knight was a human who was infected with the Worgen Curse after the fact.

Could be a worgen that was on the other side of the gate who earned back individuality or personality / lost feralness after becoming a DK.

And who's to say that some people of Gilneas didn't go outside their lands by some other route.

Lore wise it'd have to be like a very scarce amount. But I'm sure in-game every goddamn Worgen DK is going to be like "I'M THE ONLY ONE!"

Henroid on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Speaking of Death Knights...

What is their story going to be in Cataclysm?

They killed the LK. That was their whole motive. Now it's kinda like... the dog caught the car he was chasing, and doesn't know what to do. Just go with the flow, I guess?

What about Darion? What's he going to do? Chill out in Acherus/Northrend?

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mouschi wrote: »

Goblin shaman is easy!

I don't know why I didn't think of it as goblins attempting to enslave the elements. That's so what it is.

Dwarfs already have respect for earth and fire. These are the Dwarven gateway drugs that lead to full on Shamanism.

Both air and water can put out fire and carve rock!

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

They killed the LK. That was their whole motive. Now it's kinda like... the dog caught the car he was chasing, and doesn't know what to do. Just go with the flow, I guess?

Death Knights and Paladins are probably going to take a backseat in Cataclysm since they had their time in the sun for Wrath. You'll probably just be helping your faction out after the Cataclysm to pay penance for your crimes under Arthas's hold.

• Options
    edited May 2010

Could be a worgen that was on the other side of the gate who earned back individuality or personality / lost feralness after becoming a DK.

And who's to say that some people of Gilneas didn't go outside their lands by some other route.

Lore wise it'd have to be like a very scarce amount. But I'm sure in-game every goddamn Worgen DK is going to be like "I'M THE ONLY ONE!"

I think roleplaying the most unlucky guy ever, who was killed, turned into a Death Knight, freed from Arthas's will, succumbed to the curse of the Worgen, and only recovered in time to be caught in the Cataclysm might be hilarious.

Only if you roleplayed with a Gil from the Simpsons voice, though.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Get more loot, like everybody else. =P Seriously though, Death Knights weren't some constructs who had a single mission, only to destroy Arthas. Now that he's gone, they can move on to stop the next threat, live in a cabin in Grizzly Hills, or whatever anybody else is doing. =P

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Hell I assume that there are already no new deathknights since the battle at light's hope and that they all retroactively exist in the world from then till now. Also I assume no new dks can be created unless darion has figured out he can raise the dead during this whole siege of ICC.

Technically with that logic Dks should slowly decline (story wise not people rolling them wise) as they die off till they don't exist anymore and story wise they might explore something like that with the Ebon Blade trying to find purpose while slowly hemorrhaging numbers

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Not all DKs are dead, man. Without souls, however, that's another thing.

Lore-wise, new DKs are an unlikely thing. Unless the post-Arthas stuff allows for some silliness or another.

Game-wise, some people are going to RP new DKs and are going to be fucking awful for it and in doing it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Same with the Forsaken. They've been all KILL ARTHAS for so long, now that he's dead, what are they going to do with themselves?
    besides eat people and make more chemicals that melt living flesh and have a grand old time watching Keifer in the Apothicary District turn humans into exploding sheep.

Kinda sad, if you think about it. Garrosh should be nicer to to corpses. If anyone would be onboard for total bloodthisrty genocide of the Alliance, it would be them. But not if he's gonna be a goose to them.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Forsaken are easier. They're in hot water after Wrathgate, so they have to go and do the Horde's dirty work, i.e. invading Gilneas and invoking the wrath of Greymane and his Worgen people who in turn go to the Alliance.

Also from leaked screens, the Forsaken seem to be in a power struggle against Alliance forces in the plaguelands since the Scourge are gone, and both want to claim the lands for themselves.

Also, it was said by someone a while back in the thread, but apparently there might be a fight scene between
    Sylvanas and Greymane?

Makes sense, with how much the Forsaken are involved in the Worgen starting areas. Looking into it, the Forsaken are probably the most powerful undead force on Azeroth since the the remanants of the Scourge are mostly held up in Northrend.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Man, FUCK Garrosh.

I'm tempted to make an orc on an RP server to challenge people to duels and kick the shit out of them whenever they speak ill of Garrosh. That's pretty much the only enjoyment I got out of RP servers - making characters whose sole purpose was to shit on other people (but in an RP way!). Been accused of trolling a lot, but for all the "REPORTED" crying I heard, I never actually got infracted on my account.

My paladin was a hoot for this. EVIL MAGES!

Henroid on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey man, them Gilneas bastards deserved it. all 'Oh noes you have a plague, we could try to help, but instead we're gonna build a wall to keep you out and laugh at you as we watch you die screaming at the gate begging to be let in.'

The fact that those cowardly dogs are now LITERALLY dogs is poetic justice. [/roleplay]

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

There are Worgen in Grizzly Hills. I'd assume Arthas just used one of those guys to make a Death Knight.

Samphis on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Samphis wrote: »

There are Worgen in Grizzly Hills. I'd assume Arthas just used one of those guys to make a Death Knight.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that.

And how could I. That quest where you have to HOLY FUCK GET THE HELL OUT ON A HORSE'S BACK and throw exploding oil at wolves chasing you. That was badass.

Henroid on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think I saw a blue post about worgen DKs that came down to, "Not everything has to be strictly allowed by lore, gosh!"

jackal on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Hey man, them Gilneas bastards deserved it. all 'Oh noes you have a plague, we could try to help, but instead we're gonna build a wall to keep you out and laugh at you as we watch you die screaming at the gate begging to be let in.'

The fact that those cowardly dogs are now LITERALLY dogs is poetic justice. [/roleplay]

I'm pretty sure the Graymane wall was up since before the time of the Second Great War. Gilneas is notorious for being an isolationist nation, they never had any intent to help anyone outside their lands.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the Graymane wall was up since before the time of the Second Great War. Gilneas is notorious for being an isolationist nation, they never had any intent to help anyone outside their lands.

Funny that now the people they turned their backs on are the main source of plague/curse knowledge that could help them

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hey don't get me wrong, the people of Gilneas are tools for turning to the people they didn't give a damn for. But maybe it's a time for change, or whatever.

I just hope that there's resentment still showing through the surface of the alliance between Gilneas and Stormwind. From RP'ers I expect it, but I mean from NPCs in the game.

Henroid on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    id8w20.jpg

Heh.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    PMAvers wrote: »
    id8w20.jpg

Heh.
    :^:

Mutilate on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Lore-wise, new DKs are an unlikely thing. Unless the post-Arthas stuff allows for some silliness or another.

Game-wise, some people are going to RP new DKs and are going to be fucking awful for it and in doing it.

I thought cataclysm was happening at least partly in parallel with Wrath. With phasing and such it's doable, at least especially the DK creation.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »
    id8w20.jpg

Heh.
    :^:

This is why I enjoy Blizzard games.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I thought cataclysm was happening at least partly in parallel with Wrath. With phasing and such it's doable, at least especially the DK creation.

I thought so too until I saw the aftermath of the Arthas fight, which explains why Blizzard worded things the way they did. Cataclysm is after WotLK events.

Henroid on
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    id8w20.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

ftfy

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What is the general "story" for the events leading to Cata? What causes DW to come out and wreck our party?

Mutilate on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    He's been on extended medical leave since getting trashed by an entire Alliance Naval fleet in WCII. He's been released back to active duty (i.e. Murder and Mayhem).

Samphis on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    he hates things and mostly you

Langly on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    And he's just not a nice guy.

Yukira on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »
    What is the general "story" for the events leading to Cata? What causes DW to come out and wreck our party?

Hiding in the elemental plane. When he comes out, he does so in a way that shatters some barrier or another and the world gets wrecked by it. He's just been waiting to recover since it's implied that his last appearance ended with him getting his shit wrecked by the other Aspects. His agenda has always been "fuck mortals" since he turned bad.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    All of those are wonderful answers.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Could be the death of Yogg Saron that gets the ball rolling. I bet more will be revealed when the Ruby Dragonshrine dungeon is released.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Humans fucked him up so bad he's been MIA for 2 games and 3 expansions.

captaink on
  • Options
    TheTishTheTish Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Langly wrote: »

Yep... pretty much sums it up.

TheTish on
    sig-1117080.jpg
    -- Gnome mage enchantress and inscriptionologist... er scribbler --
    sig-1497520.jpg
    sig-1497534.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    TheTish wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »

Yep... pretty much sums it up.

Works for me.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    The Humans fucked him up so bad he's been MIA for 2 games and 3 expansions.

He appears between part 2 and 3 and gets fucked by other dragons sooooooooo.

Unless you count Larry Stu smashing the thing with a scale being him fucked by humans.

Henroid on
This discussion has been closed.