As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SO HEY MECHWARRIOR

1789101113»

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm just really excited to be able to play as the mechs I read about in the books. So many mechs

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Play an Urbanmech

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Play a Loki with a couple speed upgrades, couple LBX's, couple flamers.

Where's your gunsn now, Atlas-boy?!

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Play an Urbanmech

I have a 55 Gallon drum, a sledgehammer, and a propane torch if you'd like a reasonable approximation of the Urbanmech experience.

Ruckus on
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Can't get much more "Urban" than a walking trashcan.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    *BAM* and now you're on the ground, burning.

Ruckus on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    In unrelated old game news. I found my Wizardry 8 discs and am now installing it. I never actually played it because when I bough it my old rig died, then I lost my discs. Hurray finding stuff while packing.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    In unrelated old game news. I found my Wizardry 8 discs and am now installing it. I never actually played it because when I bough it my old rig died, then I lost my discs. Hurray finding stuff while packing.

Such a good game.

Also, MW4 is hard as shit to play online. I mean, getting into a game is easy, but killing anybody? Yeah right, fat fucking chance. I understand that a lot of those guys have been playing since the game was released but it never really occurred to me that they would stomp all over me until they actually did. I'm still trying out different mechs and weapon combos, seeing what I like and what I dislike.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited May 2010
    I just love the urbanmech because I am preettty sure it was the first mech and I remember reading a story in one of the books about how when they were doing a test run of it for the first time against a bunch of either decommissioned or remote controlled tanks, one of the observers shat himself with fear.

And it amused me.

edit: Actually since this game probably has Hatchet/Axe-men mechs.. they didnt add arm-swinging did they? Because it would suck that there are mechs that are designed to pulverize other mechs with melee weapons but you cant use them

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited May 2010
    The Mackie was the first mech

There is a neat little story in the latest edition of the Battletech rulebook about a few farmers on a remote planet thinking an Urbanmech that has been raiding the countryside is an Imp

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Oh. Nevermind. I guess I was just looking for any reason for it to suck so bad

Artreus on
    edited May 2010
    I like the background material for the Urbanmechs in 3025

About how once Kerensky left and took most of the Star League with him basically all that was left to defend civil authority were Urbanmechs

If you want to play a trashcan looking mech and at least have the potential to be useful try a Jagermech or Jagermech III

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Mackie was the first mech

There is a neat little story in the latest edition of the Battletech rulebook about a few farmers on a remote planet thinking an Urbanmech that has been raiding the countryside is an Imp

My favorite is the one where this poor spy keeps getting caught, brainwashed, and sent to the next state over as a decoy.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    edit: Actually since this game probably has Hatchet/Axe-men mechs.. they didnt add arm-swinging did they? Because it would suck that there are mechs that are designed to pulverize other mechs with melee weapons but you cant use them

no melee mechs

except for death from above

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    edited May 2010
    Also I can't imagine talking about torrenting this would be bad. It is an entirely legal torrent. Torrenting is just a method of transmitting things. And the company that has the rights is 100% legally and freely distributing this game.

Artreus on
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    whats your point

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    edited May 2010
    That some people are going "oh shit uh I can't talk about torrenting this game" which is silly.

Because there is no legal grey area whatsoever. It is completely and entirely legal and above board.

Artreus on
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So how do I get past it asking me for the disc?

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So how do I get past it asking me for the disc?
    Update the the game. Patches are a number of pages back.

SirToasty on
  • Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    That some people are going "oh shit uh I can't talk about torrenting this game" which is silly.

Because there is no legal grey area whatsoever. It is completely and entirely legal and above board.

i dont know, the company only has their tracker in the official torrent file

and since they own the rights it is probably illegal to download the torrent using other trackers, which is what i do to make it download faster

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    How about Pandorum is now streaming on Netflix and I had fun watching it.

Weaver on
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey I got it working.

Woo Shootin dudes

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    hey I got it to download!

what control config should I use?

VALVEjunkie on
    edited May 2010
    and how do I get to the advanced video setup thing I closed it on accident before I finished setting it up

VALVEjunkie on
    edited May 2010
    Man. I get a crash every time I try playing this now, even before the menu pops up and everything.
    STOP : Only 256 color palletized, 24 or 32 bit TGA files supported 'Content\MercsShellScripts\Graphics\MT01-Title.tga' Depth=0, MapLen=0, EntrySize=0, Type=0

edit: okay weird, I guess the one I downloaded didnt need to be patched because I extracted it to another folder and didnt patch this time and it worked.

Also the behemoth 2 is a fuckin awesome mech

Artreus on
    edited May 2010
    and how do I get to the advanced video setup thing I closed it on accident before I finished setting it up

VALVEjunkie on
    edited May 2010
    It should be in the main folder.

Autoconfig_MERCS

Artreus on
    edited May 2010
    coo

VALVEjunkie on