As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Batman: Co-Starring The Justice League?!

BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
edited May 2007 in Graphic Violence
Newsarama wrote:
Animated Batman meets the Justice League
Tuesday April 24, 2007, 1:18 pm
Animated Batman and Flash
Animated Batman and Flash

TV Guide has news on the two-part season finale of The Batman, which airs Saturdays on the CW, as well as a list of guest stars who will appear next season on the show … two words: Justice League:

In the two-part season finale, which begins this Saturday and concludes on May 5, Batman joins forces with Martian Manhunter to stop an alien invasion in Gotham City. And that’s just the beginning: When the show returns this fall for Season 5, a parade of superheroes will guest-star. “Martian Manhunter is starting the Justice League,” executive producer Alan Burnett says, “and he would like nothing better than to have Batman on the team.”

Next season will have appearances by the Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Hawkman and Superman. Hop over to TVGuide.com to see what Superman will look like. The Flash image above is from the April 30 issue of the magazine, which is out this week.

I’ve only seen a handful of episodes of the show, but it’s definitely going on the TiVo now …
Here's the preliminary pics for Flash and Superman.

flash_bats.jpg
Yes, that's the only size.
ImgServlet?mx=220&attachImage=true&contentType=image%2Fjpeg&attachment=700003394&crop=false
Also, the only size.

Fanboys. Start your engines.

SIG.gif
Blankspace on

• TankTank Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The show has gotten slightly better. I'm just glad they haven't completely forgotten about the JLA.

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You know which show had a good Justice League arc?

The fucking Justice League.

But still, this might give me a reason to watch. I just wish I didn't dislike the way they draw Batman so much.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Why is this show getting a fifth season when Batman Beyond only got three?

:(

The episode "Epilogue" in JLU really got me hankering for more Terry.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    I like the animation on the show. The fight choreography/action scenes are really well done. I only wish the stories weren't so bland. There's just something missing. Every time I try watching an episode, I find myself doing something else and not paying attention after 10 minutes or so.

DMAC on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My issue is just that Batman/Bruce Wayne always look like they are moving at a high velocity... the ears go back, hell, even his head kind of slopes backwards...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My largest complaint is they fucked up The Joker.

Fencingsax on
  • JengoJengo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You know I used to think The Batman was completely horrible but one day I caught the episode with Killer Croc called "Swamped" and this exchange really struck me:

Batman (about Croc's plan): Tens of thousands will be killed.

Killer Croc: And I'll shed a crocodile tear for each and every one of 'em.

That's one stone-cold, heartless villian, at least for what is ostensibly a kid's show. Since then I've cut the show a little more slack. Now with the Justice League making an appearance could be an upswing for the show, could also completely suck. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until they actually put forth something to judge it by.

Jengo on
    3DS FC: 1977-1274-3558 Pokemon X ingame name: S3xy Vexy
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    I like the animation on the show. The fight choreography/action scenes are really well done. I only wish the stories weren't so bland. There's just something missing. Every time I try watching an episode, I find myself doing something else and not paying attention after 10 minutes or so.

Yeah. I tried watching The Batman vs Dracula. It didn't anger me or anything, I just fell asleep halfway through

Garlic Bread on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sup guys

1177432953746.jpg

Sars_Boy on
    edited April 2007
    Something about giving MM's shorts belt loops makes them look really funny to me. With his harness thing it makes him look like he's wearing lederhosen.

DMAC on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    why J'onn, what a retarded chin you have

Garlic Bread on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    LANCE ARMSTRONG HAS TURNED GREEN!

See...

cause of the biker shorts.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »

"It's......it's not retarded"

1177454667331.jpg

Sars_Boy on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Jay Leno, Matrian icon.

Marathon on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh good, I was beginning to wonder why more classic DC series weren't getting the ol' shit treatment.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited April 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »

"It's......it's not retarded"

1177454667331.jpg

Winner of the Dickydoo award

"My chin sticks out farther than my dickydoo"

Garlic Bread on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bats is just staring to Johns chin in horror. all D: and everything.

Marathon on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Martian Manhunter to speak entirely in gangsta' rap.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • TankTank Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It's not his chin that bothers me. It the fact that it looks like he's wearing hot pants.

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Looks like?

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • ReatheranReatheran Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    Looks like?

Well, he is a shapeshifter. Last time I checked, he doesn't actually wear anything.

Reatheran on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    ...you're not Keith

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I look at it this way, considering the way some characters where changed on The Batman, J'onn lucked out.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah my biggest problem is the art. I just don't like it. That and Bruce's voice and look makes it seem like hes not even 20 yet. Maybe thats just me though.

Bucketman on
    edited April 2007
    The Flash up in the OP looks great, actually. And Batman doesn't look bad when he has a broad chin.

Superman's got quite the super-receding hairline, though

Garlic Bread on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh man, Jordyn's gonna be a bit dismayed.

Tach on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Yeah my biggest problem is the art. I just don't like it. That and Bruce's voice and look makes it seem like hes not even 20 yet. Maybe thats just me though.

I thought he was supposed to be 19-20 in the show.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Sup guys

1177432953746.jpg

J'onn wears short-shorts!

Hotpants!

Squashua on
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bucketman wrote: »

I thought he was supposed to be 19-20 in the show.

It's definitely a "Just-got-back-from-learning-all-sorts-of-combat-shit-from-a-whirlwind-world-tour"-based Batman. Cartoon version of Batman Begins, although more comic-booky than the movie.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Why don't they just go the hog and make a Superman and then Justice League series?

Oh wait...

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    I like that it seems to be done by the Jackie Chan Adventures crew because they had fairly consistent high quality throughout that series.

It's a good replacement for the DCAU, but it's sad that they thought they had to replace the DCAU with this.

Does that make sense? Basically, this is a heck of a lot better than anything animated Marvel ever put out.

Except X-Men Evolution; that was great.

Squashua on
    edited April 2007
    So what's been the best episode of The Batman, so far?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    I like that it seems to be done by the Jackie Chan Adventures crew because they had fairly consistent high quality throughout that series.

It's a good replacement for the DCAU, but it's sad that they thought they had to replace the DCAU with this.

Does that make sense? Basically, this is a heck of a lot better than anything animated Marvel ever put out.

Except X-Men Evolution; that was great.

Hey, fuck you, X-Men: TAS was awesome. Apocalypse and the Sentinels were pretty much always kickass.

But man, did they drop the ball on every single other animated series. I mean, they fucked up the Silver Surfer, the Fantastic Four, and the Avengers. That's just... a dedication to mediocrity, is what that is.

LibrarianThorne on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I will have no words spoken against the 90s Spider-Man series, do you hear?

Wildcat on
    edited April 2007
    Part of the problem is that they've sucked a lot of the tragedy out of the villains. A lot of the changes they made are not changes for the better from the point of view of conflict/drama. About the closest they've come to a tragic villain is Ethan Bennett/Clayface I. He basically takes the place of Two Face as being someone Bruce is close to who has their psyche shattered.

A lot of Batman's Rogues work because you feel like under the right (wrong) circumstances, anyone could snap and become Two Face, the Joker or Mr. Freeze.

DMAC on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I will have no words spoken against the 90s Spider-Man series, do you hear?

No one ever punched anyone, the cops all had laser guns that NEVER HIT ANYTHING, the Kingpin was behind every single problem, the villains were changed somewhat for the retarded all in the name of censorship, and we never found out what happened with the real Mary Jane

Bloods End on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Exactly!

Wildcat on
    edited April 2007
    I hated Aunt May in that.

"Oh, that awful Spider-Man!"

"But I'M Spider-Man! She must never know."

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I hated Aunt May in that.

"Oh, that awful Spider-Man!"

"But I'M Spider-Man! She must never know."

Ultimate did it right.

Fencingsax on
    edited April 2007
    Except for the lack of Ultimate wheatcakes.

DMAC on
This discussion has been closed.