As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat]abeetus

1596061626365»

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    drhazard wrote: »
    It's really not hard. I've love to see how far down some extremely over-geared ranged-DPS heavy group could get him as he's lifting off.

About 20% is our record I think. We had two zones stacked up though, thanks to a deathgrip/chains of ice as one of them wore off.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »
    jackal wrote: »
    My id is myrealname@gmail.com, so I really wouldn't want to give it to people that I don't know well.

I dont get the using real names in email that are not your work e-mail thing. I always use a noms de guerre for my personal email. I am not trying to be hater. Just one of those things, ya know?

I do both, actually. I've got myrealname@gmail for more official things, including school, and then I've got my main e-mail which uses the same name I use everywhere else on the internet.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    drhazard wrote: »
    It's really not hard. I've love to see how far down some extremely over-geared ranged-DPS heavy group could get him as he's lifting off.

I got him down to about 20-30% in a guild 10m run about a month ago. And that was with 2 melee dps.
    edit: yeah, as bowen said, we had a really well timed double stack right before he hit the transition amount. It was basically at just the right time for everyone to move into it without screwing up their rotation too badly and get lust and CDs popped before he started flying up. My poor tank DK was just spamming Icy Touch and DeathCoil as fast as he could.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's that new thread feeling!
    You know what time it is!

Grape Ape on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    Buddies wrote: »
    What do you guys do to farm money? I recently started playing again, this weekend. Had to make a new account because It seems I either sold or gave mine away years ago and don't feel like getting the account back. My priest is 56 right now, and will be nearing 70 this weekend(if not higher).

I have tailoring and Mining as professions right now. After hitting 80 and getting geared i Plan to switch mining to engineering.

Two gathering professions.
    Don't buy anything from the auction house.
    Sell everything you find on the auction house.

Run dungeons. Do quests. Do dailies. When you're high enough you can add soloing lower level dungeons for funsies. Quests at the level cap can make you a ton of gold. Likewise, knocking out 25 dailies every day adds up quick as does selling off the stuff you accumulate while playing(trash drops, auctionable items, resources, etc).

Enchanting is a pain to level up but once you do it becomes another gathering profession. Requires an initial investment unlike skinning, herbing, mining.

Wool cloth is a huge money maker on my server. It's usually around 30g per stack. It's disgusting. I gave my warrior a 400g nest egg when I rolled him, and he's still sitting at about that despite having spent several hundred gold on ore to powerlevel blacksmithing. I end up selling cloth, gems from dungeons and mining, and ore that I don't need anymore for a tidy profit.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    RedDawn wrote: »
    How is an authenticator $30? Aren't they like 7 bucks online?

They're free to most people as most people have some sort of phone supported by mobile authenticator.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Both the Android and Itunes stores offer free WOW authenticator apps.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »

They're free to most people as most people have some sort of phone supported by mobile authenticator.

I have one on my phone and it was free, I didn't know they were charging over $20 for shipping over seas though. That bites the big one.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Buddies wrote: »
    What do you guys do to farm money? I recently started playing again, this weekend. Had to make a new account because It seems I either sold or gave mine away years ago and don't feel like getting the account back. My priest is 56 right now, and will be nearing 70 this weekend(if not higher).

I have tailoring and Mining as professions right now. After hitting 80 and getting geared i Plan to switch mining to engineering.

I've never seen a server in which you can't sell netherweave bags faster than you can make them. Perfect for your level of questing.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Your stat is far from accurate. I don't even know a single person who has an iphone, and I know one person who has an android phone. I have a Palm Pre smartphone, which didn't have an app for it last time I checked, and my wife doesn't even have a smart phone. Of course, I bought us the regular authenticators a while back, because I wasn't going to be the guy who let somebody gank the guild bank on his character.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You apparently don't need a smartphone. My phone is definitely un-smart, and it could be an authenticator. I just got a separate one because I don't know that I'll keep this phone a lot longer, and I'm honestly less likely to lose or break an authenticator fob than a phone I take everywhere.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Joshmvii wrote: »

Your stat is far from accurate. I don't even know a single person who has an iphone, and I know one person who has an android phone. I have a Palm Pre smartphone, which didn't have an app for it last time I checked, and my wife doesn't even have a smart phone. Of course, I bought us the regular authenticators a while back, because I wasn't going to be the guy who let somebody gank the guild bank on his character.

I don't know anyone without a smart phone. Also, it doesn't have to be a smart phone at all, it depends on your carrier. My 4 year old black & white samsung flip phone can get mobile authenticator.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I do. Several of them even played WoW for a while.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

An iPod Touch with wifi access works equally well.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Admittedly the last time I checked about the mobile authenticator app was the last time I was playing, probably December 09, but at that point there were only a couple phones that were eligible.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    SammichSammich Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Admittedly the last time I checked about the mobile authenticator app was the last time I was playing, probably December 09, but at that point there were only a couple phones that were eligible.

Yea, when it first came out it only came out for the iPhone. Its been updated 3 times now. Ive only updated it twice. The app store tell me that i can update it again. Dont really need to as it works fine right now. Just have to go through the correct process in removing it and readding it or you will have to call blizz.

Sammich on
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Didn't someone on here have problems because they updated the app for their iphone but when it updated it gave them a new authenticator number so in essence he couldn't get back into his account because you're supposed to deactivate your old one, then update the app, then activate your 'new' authenticator?

Surely they fixed that.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Here is a question.

I am about to go to a country without 3G network. Will my Authenticator still work on my iphone?

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    SammichSammich Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MoSiAc wrote: »
    Didn't someone on here have problems because they updated the app for their iphone but when it updated it gave them a new authenticator number so in essence he couldn't get back into his account because you're supposed to deactivate your old one, then update the app, then activate your 'new' authenticator?

Surely they fixed that.

Im not sure but i think its the same thing. You download the app which generates i guess the program keys(serial) which need to be linked to your account. To get to that account page on blizzards site, you have to enter the authenticator keys just like you would when you get into the game. So if you updated the program without de-linking it first from your account, you are screwed as its looking for the program(serial number)keys. I luckily read that in here before doing it lol.

Sammich on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Here is a question.

I am about to go to a country without 3G network. Will my Authenticator still work on my iphone?

Yep you don't need to be online or anything just like the device you can buy. It seeds the authenticator based on the key so you should have no problems.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I know for T-mobile they don't allow unsigned code to run on their non-smartphones, so you can't use a mobile authenticator even if you wanted to. Funny thing is the mobile authenticator site doesn't make mention of this and lets you spend your dollar for the mobile authenticator only to find out it can't access the internet due to T-mobile's draconian grip.

Opty on
  • Options
    martinimartini Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Opty wrote: »
    I know for T-mobile they don't allow unsigned code to run on their non-smartphones, so you can't use a mobile authenticator even if you wanted to. Funny thing is the mobile authenticator site doesn't make mention of this and lets you spend your dollar for the mobile authenticator only to find out it can't access the internet due to T-mobile's draconian grip.
    The authenticator shouldn't need to access the internet, only to know what time it is and what its seed number is, I believe.

martini on
    I raised the wall. And I will be the one to knock it down.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Servers are taking a massive shit.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2010
    I barely see any ghost donkeys around at all any longer. Fickle is the attention span of WoW players.

Echo on
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    I barely see any ghost donkeys around at all any longer. Fickle is the attention span of WoW players.

That Cenarion Hippogriff I finally grinded last week will stay with me for a while, I'm sure.
    That and the Copter( It's a tad too noisy to use all the time though).

But yeah.

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MoSiAc wrote: »

Surely they fixed that.

I never had this problem and I've updated the iPod/iPhone version at least once since having it. I assume if you totally deleted the app and *then* tried to re-download it you would be issued a new serial number and thus be hosed, but otherwise I don't think just updating the app would cause an issue (unless this was something they fixed awhile ago). In any case, I'm sure Blizzard tech support can fix it for you easily enough.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
This discussion has been closed.