As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] ITT we await [Chat]aclysm

Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
When we last left our adventurers, we saw them:

Running randoms!
Arguing about account security!
Dying in fires!

What awaits them in this new [Chat] thread? Tune in and find out!

Gripping Updates:
Troll Cat Form, which is totally not a spoofed image!

Worgen Bears!
Worgen... Cats?

Female Goblins are like my canadian girlfriend and love Beyonce!

AVR is going away in 3.3.5 draw floor dicks in heroics while you still can.

Now expressed through comic edit!
starteredit.jpg

Grape Ape on

• MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I reinstalled this game and resubbed last night. (After not playing since Spring 2009)

My god what have I done.

Apparently 4,000 hours is not enough for me.

Melkster on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    More. Need more.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    mmm it has that new thread smell.

Mutilate on
  • MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I resubbed and went straight into PvP last night. There's something about killing alliance I find ever so soothing. And getting honor and XP is kinda nice.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »

I had a sandwich with lots of onions and peppers on it. I can get rid of that smell in a jiffy.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited May 2010

I had a sandwich with lots of onions and peppers on it. I can get rid of that smell in a jiffy.

mmm it has that new onions and peppers smell.

Mutilate on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey, is that onion I smell?

I don't know what chat thread to post in.

No wait that's a lie, I posted here.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
    edited May 2010
    This is the new one, even though it wasn't made by a mod.

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited May 2010
    WE WILL RISE AGAINST THE TYRANICAL REIGN! WE SEEK TO SUPLUNGE OUR LEADERS AND REPLACE THEM WITH
    A DIFFERENT TYRANICAL REIGN

Mutilate on
  • QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I like this chat thread. It's the right shade of blue.

Quetzatcoatl on
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I hate that guy. When he dismounts, you have to give him like 5 seconds to get facepulled by the tank. But that Retardadin goose over there. Yeah. He can't wait. Guess he's sitting this fight out.

L Ron Howard on
    edited May 2010
    WE WILL RISE AGAINST THE TYRANICAL REIGN! WE SEEK TO SUPLUNGE OUR LEADERS AND REPLACE THEM WITH

If you vote for me I promise 10% less torture and 15% more balloon fights in the dungeons! I will also lower the death tax by 2%, so if you die, your family has to pay 2% less! No more will the people be controlled with mind control drugs in the drinking water! We will put them right into your blood stream every day via forced visits to the mind control clinic!

Vote for me or continue to suffer!

Back on topic: The AH has been getting really stale on my server. There are really only 2 kinds of items being sold. Either it's really high end stuff, or leveling gear up to 70.

Beyond Normal on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2010
    Recycled titles? In my chat thread?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited May 2010

If you vote for me I promise 10% less torture and 15% more balloon fights in the dungeons! I will also lower the death tax by 2%, so if you die, your family has to pay 2% less! No more will the people be controlled with mind control drugs in the drinking water! We will put them right into your blood stream every day via forced visits to the mind control clinic!

Vote for me or continue to suffer!

Back on topic: The AH has been getting really stale on my server. There are really only 2 kinds of items being sold. Either it's really high end stuff, or leveling gear up to 70.

Sounds prime to make a killing on everyday items.

Also in responce to the other thread.. I own no celphone at all, smart or dumb.

Gnutson on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I wish I made the money that the bread vendor in Ironforge makes. That would be swell.

Wassermelone on
    edited May 2010
    I wish I made the money that the bread vendor in Ironforge makes. That would be swell.

I was kinda thinking I'd like to have the repair dude in Icecrown Citadels spot. Talk about location.

Gnutson on
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Grape Ape wrote: »

Running randoms!
    Dying in fires!

OMG, I was running this random with a bunch of crappy noobs, when my computer caught fire and died.

When I finally logged back in, someone hacked my account because Blizzard's security sucks.

ironzerg on
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ironzerg wrote: »

Running randoms!
    Dying in fires!

OMG, I was running this random with a bunch of crappy noobs, when my computer caught fire and died.

When I finally logged back in, someone hacked my account because Blizzard's security sucks.

Tell your computer to get AVRE if it can't get out of the fire, geeeeez.

Joshmvii on
    edited May 2010
    ironzerg wrote: »

Running randoms!
    Dying in fires!

Stop using your computer to bake bread. That's why it caught on fire.

Beyond Normal on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I was sad to see that screenshot of (Cataclysm/Westfall spoiler)
    Old Blanchy lying dead on the road. How many times have I found those bags of oats for a crappy 4-slot bag (and later, when it was upgraded to an 8-slotter)? Blanchy apparently even survived a trip to the Howling Fjord and back!

Oh well. :(

SteevL on
    edited May 2010
    I am torn. I don't know if I want to go home and work on my shadow priest or keep grinding badges on my Druid. Hmmmm choices, choices.

Mutilate on
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SteevL wrote: »
    I was sad to see that screenshot of (Cataclysm/Westfall spoiler)
    Old Blanchy lying dead on the road. How many times have I found those bags of oats for a crappy 4-slot bag (and later, when it was upgraded to an 8-slotter)? Blanchy apparently even survived a trip to the Howling Fjord and back!

Oh well. :(

You can say he wasn't a...

*sunglasses*

one trick pony.

YEEEAAAHHHHH!

Tyberius on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    All you resubbers need to hook up the PA forums with some free months by getting a resurrection scroll first. :P

Bigity on
    edited May 2010
    I am torn. I don't know if I want to go home and work on my shadow priest or keep grinding badges on my Druid. Hmmmm choices, choices.

Shadow priest.

Beyond Normal on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Quotin from the other thread:
    martini wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    I know for T-mobile they don't allow unsigned code to run on their non-smartphones, so you can't use a mobile authenticator even if you wanted to. Funny thing is the mobile authenticator site doesn't make mention of this and lets you spend your dollar for the mobile authenticator only to find out it can't access the internet due to T-mobile's draconian grip.
    The authenticator shouldn't need to access the internet, only to know what time it is and what its seed number is, I believe.
    It needs to access the internet once and only once for setup stuff (probably to get a unique serial number but don't quote me on that) but since it's blocked it can't do that one-time setup and the app just becomes a waste of space on my old-ass phone.

Opty on
    edited May 2010
    If I ever stayed unsubbed for more than 90 days I totally would.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bad news guys, if my little birdey is correct at any rate: Y'know that awesome looking car that people go "omg engineering" over? With the skull on the grill?
    It's a level 5ish goblin quest thing, not a mount.

Henroid on
    edited May 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Bad news guys, if my little birdey is correct at any rate: Y'know that awesome looking car that people go "omg engineering" over? With the skull on the grill?

Your little bird just ruined my day. But that's alright.

MoSiAc on
    edited May 2010
    I'm glad I only play alliance, as this does not bother me at all.

Beyond Normal on
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That's cool, I'm hoping for a shredder type suit or a buggy.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bigity wrote: »
    All you resubbers need to hook up the PA forums with some free months by getting a resurrection scroll first. :P

Of course, the resurrection scrolls only work on accounts that don't have WotLK. :(

SteevL on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm glad I only play alliance, as this does not bother me at all.

If it was engineering like people thought, you would've been able to use it as Alliance. <_<

Henroid on
    edited May 2010
    Well then, my warrior would be most upset, I guess. I don't even have a motorcycle!

Beyond Normal on
  • Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Seems like such a waste for a
    quest. Though thinking about it I want a harpoon mount now :(

Drunken Bastard on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Seems like such a waste for a
    quest. Though thinking about it I want a harpoon mount now :(
    Not really the thing is pretty much a wagon... its pretty huge on a Gobbie it would look funny as hell on a tauren.

Jubal77 on
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I dunno if this has been asked yet, but will they allow you to do level 80 race changes? Can I turn my Night Elf druid into a Wargen druid for $25 right off the bat?

Melkster on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Melkster wrote: »
    I dunno if this has been asked yet, but will they allow you to do level 80 race changes? Can I turn my Night Elf druid into a Wargen druid for $25 right off the bat?

No. No one knows for how long but not at release.

Jubal77 on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Melkster wrote: »

Can you race change to a race that doesn't have your class? And if not, I wonder how long until Blizzard decides to let people pay to change classes.

Vincent Grayson on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cataclysm Spoilers:
    Another reason to dislike Garrosh, plus Vol'jin actually doing something!

Also, it seems to turn out that Magatha kills Cairne and the Grimtotems are exiled as a result. So at least that's one thing Garrosh doesn't fuck up.

815165 on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That's fine, roll a new alt (like a dwarf shaman) to experience the new 1-60 content (and also check out the new starting areas for goblin and worgen of course), and by the time you're done with that race changes for your main will probably be available.

Lars on
This discussion has been closed.