As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA World of Darkness: Vampire *Updated

• siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Sent in my CS and history via PM.

siliconenhanced on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

Ditto.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Aegis wrote: »

Ditto.

Double Ditto.

Though I'm still trying to think of an ally to go with the point I put into it...

AcidSerra on
  • Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I would like the ST's permission to submit a special "antagonist" character for some fun one night.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I hate to pee in everyone's cheerios, but it'd be much easier if we just used the vtr sheets and disregarded the covenant slot. Since we're doing nwod combat we'll need def rating, speed, etc.

The sheets are very handy and have all the pertinent char creation info at the bottom of them anyway. Wanted to point this out before everyone rolled chars on vtm sheets.

Of course, this is ultimately up to Kolchak, our ST, but I had trouble reaching him today.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
    edited April 2007
    I hate to pee in everyone's cheerios, but it'd be much easier if we just used the vtr sheets and disregarded the covenant slot. Since we're doing nwod combat we'll need def rating, speed, etc.

The sheets are very handy and have all the pertinent char creation info at the bottom of them anyway. Wanted to point this out before everyone rolled chars on vtm sheets.

Of course, this is ultimately up to Kolchak, our ST, but I had trouble reaching him today.

How is this conversion working?

siliconenhanced on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

Whee, multiple ruleset conversion fun! I'm up with whatever. Tis only really moving dots around based on my char's background anyway.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've been waiting for someone to start one of these. I'd be more than willing to play, Mondays and Wednesdays are best for me as I don't work or have class those nights. I can be somewhat flexible for other nights.

I have experience in both systems. I played VtM and was storyteller for VtR. I don't have as much experience in VtM, because everyone around here that plays it is batshit pscyho. I do have a million+1 character concepts, I'll send something off to you later once I'm bored with writing about the Thirty Years War.

Suicide Slyde on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Character sheet and history sent.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I sent in my character a while back, talked to him on AIM. I don't know if I did everything right, though. Been a while.

I found the nWoD book too. I just need to know exactly what rules from there I need to import. Just read the combat system? If that's changed, won't abilities like Fortitude work differently too?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • PowerslavePowerslave Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    From what I know of both systems, trying to combine them is a really bad idea. I tried to support it myself once, and it didn't end well.

Powerslave on
    "Never trust anyone who spells 'magic' with a K."
    edited April 2007
    Powerslave wrote: »
    From what I know of both systems, trying to combine them is a really bad idea. I tried to support it myself once, and it didn't end well.

Is that where the avatar came from?

Fiaryn on
    edited April 2007
    Could always just use VtM's combat stuff and walk people through soak/initiative rolls, though I suggest that mainly because I'm more familiar with VtM than Requiem.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited April 2007
    Just certain disciplines are not going to turn out right. I've been there too, and its pretty ugly.

siliconenhanced on
    edited April 2007
    I'm thinking we just entirely use vtr's mechanics and use vtm's setting. That way we don't have to "combine" anything.

After all, if we use nwod combat, that would make the "dodge" skill useless anyway. There are also no spaces for your defense rating and speed rating on the old character sheets as well. Additionally, all the info is right there at the bottom of the vtr sheets (number of dots, what combines to make what, etc.) We can use all the vtr disciplines as well, the only one that doesn't work is thaumaturgy; we'd just tweak the existing discipline a bit from vtm on that and we'd be set.

P.S. Tremere are only clan that aren't a clan or bloodline in vtr. We could just consider them their own clan or bloodline. ST discretion and all that.

Saint Justice on
    edited April 2007
    It seems like a lot of work when we can just go "hey, let's just use everything in the same book w/o funky homebrew."

siliconenhanced on
    edited April 2007
    Trust me, it only sounds like a lot of work. We'd be using all the new rules for the new system w/ the exception of tweaking one discipline that's only used by one clan.

The rules are soooo much easier with nwod/vtr mechanics. Take it from me as someone who has played/ST'd both systems. Especially over OpenRPG or IRC as opposed to gaming in person where you really need to pick up the pace so combat isn't slow and boring. Nwod combat trims the fat quite nicely and also fixes some overpowered/broken abilities (Celerity I'm looking at you)

Saint Justice on
    edited April 2007
    And naturally I end up picking a Tremere char that doesn't translate well for Requiem *mutter, mutter*

Aegis on
    Characters
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sure it does. I've seen what Thaumaturgy can do. The roll can be something like Intelligence + Occult + Thaumaturgy or something. Just compare it with other discipline rolls and balance it. The effects should mostly translate well.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited April 2007
    ah, don't worry about it. I've looked at the thaumaturgy stuff and it's easily tweaked. The rest fits just fine.

Saint Justice on
    edited April 2007
    Sweet then!

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited April 2007
    Requiem changes the powers of several Disciplines, though. Obfuscate is a good example. It also completely removes others, like Vicissitude.

Powerslave on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I like VTR. I really do. Except for one small thing. Malkovian. Malkovian. It burns. My soul.

But in all seriousness, nWoD combat system is a must for internets roleplay. It plays out so much faster.

Cynic Jester on
  • Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So ehm what's going on? Are we going to use VtM or VtR? I forgot the discrepancies between the two systems that made integration hard. I'm up for either system really but not a mix of the two for the reasons already mentioned.

I guess I should turn in a character sheet/concept before I start weighing in on this topic though (stupid finals week).

Suicide Slyde on
  • AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm up for the whole V:tR in V:tM setting. Mainly because there is no way I'm calling my character a MalkOvian, or accepting some wierd ass, "ventrue offshoot", backstory for my favorite clan. =P

Not to sound bitchy or anything...

AcidSerra on
    edited April 2007
    I think we're pretty much agreed that we'll be using V:TM's setting and V:TR's rules, so yes Virginia we can call them MalkAvians.

Saint Justice on
    edited April 2007
    I think we're pretty much agreed that we'll be using V:TM's setting and V:TR's rules, so yes Virginia we can call them MalkAvians.

A lot of us have already rolled VtM characters. Have you gotten this from Kolchak?

Powerslave on
    edited April 2007

So you just mean combat, or are we talking about the whole kaboodle here?

siliconenhanced on
    edited April 2007
    Just as an aside, I turned in my CS using straight VtM rules, and got the green light w/o a word of "modify some stuff for VtR", so I'm kind of O_o right now at all these assurances we're doing some sort of hybrid.

Sorry for the double post.

siliconenhanced on
    edited April 2007
    Sweet then!

Another Tremere? *gasp*

High five!

Edit: Last I checked guys, Kolchak just wanted to use VtR for combat and such.

Fiaryn on
    edited April 2007
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Sweet then!

Another Tremere? *gasp*

High five!

*H5s!*

It was either Malk or Tremere, and I just don't believe I could pull of a Malk convincingly (even though I've looked into them quite a bit). That and I like the analytical premise to Tremere and the inherent backstabbing-fellow-clanmates angle.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Same here, interested but won't have any time to participate for a few weeks.
    But, I'll use the time to come up with an absolutely awesome Assamite that the ST cannot deny. ;-)

Valkun on
    edited April 2007
    So has the ST just disappeared or what?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited April 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    So has the ST just disappeared or what?

Obviously this is our first chronicle together.

siliconenhanced on
    edited April 2007
    What do I need to roll to diablerize siliconenhanced and steal his money?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Dice.

Valkun on
    edited April 2007
    An ST?

siliconenhanced on
    edited April 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    What do I need to roll to diablerize siliconenhanced and steal his money?

Sabbat! I !vote Reynolds for the...wait...wrong game. >_>

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited April 2007
    Kolchak seems mia for the time being, haven't seen him on aim. And don't worry about the conversion for your character sheets to vtr system if I'm correct about that, It will be quite simple and painless.

Saint Justice on
  • KolchakKolchak Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm around, but the NHL playoffs diverted my attention for a few days. How does Sunday, 5:00 PM PST sound?

Kolchak on