As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

skate ....4???

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just sent a request to join. Just go to teams and search for it, for anyone else trying to join.

Xzzy we used the same cat logo. Go us.

UEAKCrash on
  • Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What about ps3? I tried searching for TLoD, but it was one letter too long.

Pablo the Penguin on
  • NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What about ps3? I tried searching for TLoD, but it was one letter too long.

Try searching for just "The Lords", it should come up.

Sent a request to join.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • smokealbertsmokealbert Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Question:

How hard is the hardcore mode compared to the previous Skate iterations? I was pretty competent at those and making it more simulation-like appeals to me. What changes does hardcore actually introduce?

smokealbert on
    Xbox GT: Smokealbert
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Question:

How hard is the hardcore mode compared to the previous Skate iterations? I was pretty competent at those and making it more simulation-like appeals to me. What changes does hardcore actually introduce?

Doing challenges in hardcore will make you hate the game. It's very finicky, there are some known bugs with it, and most of the challenges are balanced for normal mode. Basically, hardcore is for people who really are hardcore.

I only intend to use hardcore mode when making films.

xzzy on
    edited May 2010
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    I just sent a request to join. Just go to teams and search for it, for anyone else trying to join.

Yeah, I made my skater with the wife nearby and she thought it was the "cutest" one. We own a black cat, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Btw, the current team logo was picked just because it was all I had available. If someone wants to do a team logo I can swap it in at any time.

xzzy on
  • Sci-Fi WasabiSci-Fi Wasabi Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Can't connect to EA Nation. I'm really hoping this has nothing to do with the fact that -apparently- I have two separate EA Nation accounts, with one obviously tied to my gamertag and the other appearing out of nowhere for other reasons. The game never asked me to sign in when I gave it my code, so here's hoping there's no weird-ass conflict that's making it go insane and refusing to connect me.

Sci-Fi Wasabi on
    sci+fi+wasabi.png
    edited May 2010
    No, their site is just shit. Every EA game has a meltdown shortly after release. It will function sporadically for the next week or two.

xzzy on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Can't connect to EA Nation. I'm really hoping this has nothing to do with the fact that -apparently- I have two separate EA Nation accounts, with one obviously tied to my gamertag and the other appearing out of nowhere for other reasons. The game never asked me to sign in when I gave it my code, so here's hoping there's no weird-ass conflict that's making it go insane and refusing to connect me.

i think on my EA account, i have like 4 sub names. i hate EAs site so much.

Local H Jay on
  • Sci-Fi WasabiSci-Fi Wasabi Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I'm just dicking around doing nothing in particular and Midnight Horses comes on. I CAN NOT disassociate this song from Silence of the Lambs so it is SUPER CREEPY.

Also, am I mistaken or can you progress solely offline just by hitting start and going to the challenge map? Do you still have to skate around the hub world to access new missions or can you just do them via the menu?

EDIT: it's called "Goodnight Horses" not "Midnight Horses". Still. Ick.

EDIT2: FUCK I meant "Goodbye Horses" asohdoahsodho;ahsdohansdllsan

EDITPRIME: Holy fuckshit the song was sung by a woman, not a man like I originally thought. I am officially deselecting this song from the playlist *shiver*.

Sci-Fi Wasabi on
    sci+fi+wasabi.png
  • NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    maybe this is a stupid question but. How do I get custom graphics in game? is there even a logo editor?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Nalouto on
    :winky:
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    you have to do it on their website, but it appears to be broken at the moment

Ah_Pook on
    edited May 2010
    Nalouto wrote: »
    maybe this is a stupid question but. How do I get custom graphics in game? is there even a logo editor?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Yes, there's a logo creator on the website. It's under skate.create.

After you create your masterpiece, there is a "publish" button that appears that allows you to send to the game. Once you do that, and you select the "customizable deck" in game, it will let you apply a logo.. the first one in the logo selection will be your graphic.

xzzy on
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    xzzy wrote: »
    Question:

Doing challenges in hardcore will make you hate the game. It's very finicky, there are some known bugs with it, and most of the challenges are balanced for normal mode. Basically, hardcore is for people who really are hardcore.

I only intend to use hardcore mode when making films.

I found this out the hard way. After spending about 30 minutes on a challenge that was just "Trick up to roof out of pool, drop back in the pool," I managed to find a workaround to beat it, only to then move on to fucking John Cardiels' 1UP challenge.

All pools and vert, and I finally had enough of watching him just not push or pump yet still get twice as much air as I was getting while doing my damnedest. Verified there weren't any achievements for using Hardcore mode and just decided I'll be using regular for the career stuff.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited May 2010
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

Yeah, I made my skater with the wife nearby and she thought it was the "cutest" one. We own a black cat, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I have a black cat too.

Now you are creeping me out Xzzy. Do you live at my house when I am at work?

edit: Is my wife your wife too?

UEAKCrash on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    im terrible at this game, as it turns out. killing some of the spots/challenges is just an exercise in frustration right now. it doesnt help that the in game trick guide just straight up tells you the wrong buttons for grabs and shit, when im sitting here forever trying to do a stalefish and wondering why some other trick is coming out.

edit: also when im in a pool i cant get air in there to save my life, my dude just airs up out of the pool.

Ah_Pook on
    edited May 2010
    finally got my copy, it's go time

Local H Jay on
    edited May 2010
    Jesus titty fucking christ, fuck "Pool of Tricks" and the horse it rode in on.

In fact, fuck all of those trick compilation in 5 minutes bullshit. They give you all the easy ones first, so you lose a bunch of time on them, and then they throw a "do ten billion degrees of spin while tweaking a grab and getting 40 million points of this tiny little pool ledge" at you.

I had to drop to easy difficulty to pull it off, and it still took me almost half an hour worth of retries.

xzzy on
    edited May 2010
    Also, can people who are sending invite requests to The Lords of Dongtown post their ea name or gamertag in the thread?

I got no way to tell if it's some random xbox tard or a PAer. I guess I can boot people later if they turn out to be randoms, but it's easier to get it right the first time.

xzzy on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    can I create my EA stuff before I recieve my copy of the game?

troublebrewing on
    edited May 2010
    Also, can people who are sending invite requests to The Lords of Dongtown post their ea name or gamertag in the thread?

I got no way to tell if it's some random xbox tard or a PAer. I guess I can boot people later if they turn out to be randoms, but it's easier to get it right the first time.

Yo.

Though if it's showing the skater name, it's Josh C.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited May 2010
    Okay, accepted all the invites that I had pending. There's 6 of us now, room for 6 more I think?

xzzy on
    edited May 2010
    Fuck me.. I was messing with buttons on the website, and promoted JCoDI to the team leader.

I clicked it, thinking maybe I could set it so anyone could accept requests to join, never got a warning that it would remove me as leader and make the other person the leader.

So, uh.. grats!

(you can fix it on the roster page, if you want. I guess it doesn't matter)

xzzy on
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There is entirely too much vert/pool bullshit in this iteration.

Half the time I'm trying to do something the game decides I didn't actually want to stay in the pool/ramp and makes me launch out of it.

TwistedJester on
    edited May 2010
    Good times, as per usual.

Some of those challenges fucking suck though.

UEAKCrash on
    edited May 2010
    Despite frequent bouts of disconnects from the EA servers while looking at the team page, I managed to get management control back to you, xzzy.

Can't wait for these server issues to be fixed.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited May 2010
    tried joining yer crew, is there a way to do it in game? EA's site will apparently never let recognize me as me

Local H Jay on
  • Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My GT is MrObersmith. You could also cross-check against the PA Skate 2 list.

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • TrevorTrevor Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm going to try to join the team, I just hope that I have the patience to fight through EA servers before it fills up.

I managed to get an invite through as far as I can tell. My gamertag is TheMegaTrevor.

Trevor on
    edited May 2010
    The website seems more reliable than the in-game team management.

If you have a set up EA account, that might be the way to go. The site randomly fucks up at random times so it might take a couple tries.. it seems to be more useless in the evenings than during the work day.

xzzy on
    edited May 2010
    I go to teamfinder, tried typing in lords of dongtown, dongtown, etc... never get any results. Am I doing it wrong?

GT is TroubleBrewin

should have the game today just dont want to miss out on the dong action.

gah I think I found it but when I try to add my gamertag to the thing it says it's already in use.

okay I think I applied using my EA account which is troublebrewin also.

too much caffieeeene

troublebrewing on
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Grinds of Destiny Kill the Spot can eat a bag of dicks.

I thought it was Skate 3, not Tony Hawk's Flail Around Aimlessly In a Ridiculously Unrealistic Fashion and Hope You Get a High Enough Score So That You Can Complete an Objective 20 :|

TwistedJester on
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, some of the challenges do feel like they are getting that unrealistic tony hawk creep happening to them.

UEAKCrash on
  • LehmanLehman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just picked my copy up about 20 minutes ago and I am on my phone right now and its a piece of shit so I was having trouble browsing the thread but I was just wondering if there is a PS3 team set up and how I go about joining it. Also feel free to add me on PSN(LehmanCM) my tag is in my sig but just put PA or something in the request because I have been getting alot of random friend requests recently.

Lehman on
    Xbox Live: LehmanCM
    SteamID: steamcommunity.com/id/lehmancm/
    BnS: Draggan (Server:Poharan)
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What do you guys think about high camera angle vs. low angle?

I find it easier to see whats going on around you and see where shit is with high angle... but I swear I play a million times better with low angle - I think because I can see whats happening at the board better? Its to the point where I only play low angle now.

Al_wat on
    edited May 2010
    I applied to join a bunch of times through the in game system (troublebrewin). It never really confirmed that my request went through and hopefully you don't get a hundred requests from me. Please let me know if any went through or I'll try again.

Thanks!

troublebrewing on
    edited May 2010
    I applied to join a bunch of times through the in game system (troublebrewin). It never really confirmed that my request went through and hopefully you don't get a hundred requests from me. Please let me know if any went through or I'll try again.

Thanks!

I'm not seeing any pending invite requests. You're trying to join 'The Lords of Dongtown' right?

xzzy on
    edited May 2010
    yeah I can see people from this thread in the group, let me try again. dammit I hit request join, then it does the loading thing and takes me back to the exact screen with "request join" on it....

Also, damn it felt pretty good to pull off the parkway gap.

troublebrewing on
    edited May 2010
    Local H Jay on
    edited May 2010
    I cant even submit a support request for some reason.

ea's site can suck the devil's dick in hell.

troublebrewing on