As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heroes of Newerth: Get yer game on.

• hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fuga wrote: »
    hardcore mode, you die ingame you die irl. oh and i guess it'll be on monday
    - Denying a creep results in 0 exp for the enemy team.
    - No passive gold/sec gain.
    - No gold is lost on death.
    - Towers and Kongor do 1.5x damage.
    - Denying a tower results in 0 gold for the enemy team.
    - ALL items are dropped on death.
    - Items dropped on death cannot be picked up by couriers, sold, or killed on the ground.

Good sir i do not know if you are trolling but please do realize some of these things sound like they would make for a fun game...

No gold loss on death would be sooo newb friendly :P

hadoken on
  • khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Some of those use to be in DotA. I don't think RoC had passive gold gain, denying did result in zero xp, and you could quick trade your gold using the War3 interface to other players to essentially avoid gold loss.

khain on
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, and they removed stuff like that from the game for a reason. I'm honestly surprised they would implement something like this instead of wtf mode or putting deathmatch back in, since I've actually seen people asking for those.

Etiowsa on
  • DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    wtf mode would be a lot of fun.

Drakmathus on
  • Protein ShakesProtein Shakes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Yeah, and they removed stuff like that from the game for a reason. I'm honestly surprised they would implement something like this instead of wtf mode or putting deathmatch back in, since I've actually seen people asking for those.

People ask for a lot of stupid things.

Hard mode actually sounds very interesting - I'll definitely try it..

The only thing that will suck is that a new group of people will emerge that shun normal/easy mode players.

Protein Shakes on
  • SirsonSirson Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'd probably buy it if there was a singleplayer practice mode with different difficulties or AIs. I just hate being forced to play with the insane community. I do think the game is worth 30 bucks though, it seems very polished and is fun to play.. just my 2c

Sirson on
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    omg > wtf.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I really, really like this game, but I don't think I've ever met a game community full of a bigger bunch of assholes. It's like the pre-requisite is you have to be a prick to play.

I hop onto HoN sometimes when playing Halo makes me angry, because it makes me realize that the Halo community could be so much worse.

3cl1ps3 on
  • DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Servers have been down all day. That is unfortunate.

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
    edited May 2010
    I have played around 500 matches if you add up the stuff from before stat-reset.

Should probably buy this game... Have you guys seen the dudes on the forum complaining about the game not being worth 30 bucks and they have like 700 matches played? 700 FREE matches....

hadoken on
  • khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    hadoken wrote: »
    I have played around 500 matches if you add up the stuff from before stat-reset.

Should probably buy this game... Have you guys seen the dudes on the forum complaining about the game not being worth 30 bucks and they have like 700 matches played? 700 FREE matches....

You can't say that because they have 700 matches that the game is worth $30 since there is a free equivalent game, LoL, and a mod for a game, TFT and DotA, that probably everyone that plays HoN has. You can only really consider what HoN adds which is basically graphics, matchmaking, public stats, servers, and some other stuff which makes the game better but may not be actually worth the money to some people.

khain on
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I quit the game after they sold SEA to Garena.
    if this game fails after retail, I think they will sell it to Garena too for the rest of world.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    just
    why.

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    look you can make all your overpowered dumb junk heroes a step closer reality
    http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/

Fuga on
    edited May 2010
    You know what is going to be interesting when they release the SDK or game making tools?

Someone will make a DOTA equivalent with all the classic heroes that people love, and it might become just as or maybe even MORE popular than hon itself XD.

hadoken on
  • ackack Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    look you can make all your overpowered dumb junk heroes a step closer reality
    http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/

http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/hero/Tarot/Hellmare

"hellmare"

ack on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You know what is going to be interesting when they release the SDK or game making tools?

Someone will make a DOTA equivalent with all the classic heroes that people love, and it might become just as or maybe even MORE popular than hon itself XD.

why would they release the sdk

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

why would they release the sdk

And more significantly, why would anyone not just make it in Starcraft 2?

jothki on
    edited May 2010
    they are releasing sdk.
    and it is going to be made in sc2.

Fuga on
    edited May 2010
    Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey, I just found out about this Dream website. This is actually pretty cool and I manage to create a character of my own.

http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/hero/Foldnail/Singoro

What are your thoughts?

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sirson wrote: »
    I'd probably buy it if there was a singleplayer practice mode with different difficulties or AIs. I just hate being forced to play with the insane community. I do think the game is worth 30 bucks though, it seems very polished and is fun to play.. just my 2c

here is a standing offer to you and anyone else in your position,

I will teach you the basics of HoN and won't be mean about it. My in game is the same as it is here, just friend me and we can work out a time (weekends are usually best).

Drakmathus on
    edited May 2010
    edited May 2010
    So much rage. It must be the 12th.

Page- on
    stream
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

he looks like a whole lot of fun. cant wait to try him tonight when im home.
    dream looks awesome
    im happy with the $30 i spent 8-)

valiance on
    edited May 2010
    he can solo kongor at lvl 5

Fuga on
    edited May 2010
    HoN retail: people are still super mean but at least they mostly speak english now

ack on
    edited May 2010
    ack wrote: »
    HoN retail: people are still super mean but at least they mostly speak english now

Active population now?

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    when i logged in at first it was 20,000 but i'm too lazy to check right now

ack on
    edited May 2010
    welp, hunter_ is a paedophile

Fuga on
    edited May 2010

yup

can't wait to see the aftermath of this

also hunter_ is really good at getting incriminating sites taken down

undeinPirat on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Link please, I didn't get to see it before they took down all the posts about it.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    edited May 2010
    Link please, I didn't get to see it before they took down all the posts about it.

this should still be up

if it isn't then it's cached for me and still loading, let me know

undeinPirat on
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ah hahaha. What is his position, exactly? Is he part of the dev team?

Alfred J. Kwak on
    edited May 2010
    Ah hahaha. What is his position, exactly? Is he part of the dev team?

no but maliken is tight with him because he owns honcast and maliken sees it as the burgeoning light for hon's esports scene

but hunter is a douche and a half, so it's kinda silly

undeinPirat on
    edited May 2010
    Ohoho. I loves me some shady promoters and organizers. Just went through a few in the fighting game communities. Always entertaining when the shit hits the fan. Unless of course you're one of the people who got roped into their tourneys.

Page- on
    stream
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

had no idea who this was, but entertaining read nonetheless

valiance on
    edited May 2010
    13k ppl when i logged in. Which is fine if you ask me, Left4Dead2 has 15k whenever i log on and thats a way higher profile game.

hadoken on
    edited May 2010
    13k ppl when i logged in. Which is fine if you ask me, Left4Dead2 has 15k whenever i log on and thats a way higher profile game.

That's not a fair comparison.
    The numbers will drop overtime.

Let's see what the number will be when SC2 comes out in July.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    yesyes hon will die why are you still posting here

Fuga on