As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Strange and Embarrassing Moments: Italy: Land of Homoerotic Escapades

• adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh god, strip clubs. Oh god.

adytum on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just think of how much cock was on that tongue before it hit your ear.

Buttcleft on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    How'd your friends react to this whole situation? Shock? Horror? Poorly muffled laughter?

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Skeith wrote: »
    How'd your friends react to this whole situation? Shock? Horror? Poorly muffled laughter?

Loud laughter followed by jealousy when they found out I only paid 1 dollar.

And I have thought about how much cock was on that tongue, I almost pulled a van gogh.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
    edited May 2010
    still should have negotiated for a handjob at least.

Buttcleft on
    edited May 2010
    Which begs the question, given where that hand has been, is it more sanitary than a blowjob? I know the human mouth is one of the dirtiest things on Earth, even in a normal profession, but it still makes you think.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    A few weekends ago I was at the most disorganized wedding/reception I've ever been to. The officiant kept screwing up the vows and the order of the ceremony, the caterers made us wait nearly an hour for the food, the groom's cake had to be made by one of the guests at the last minute, etc. etc. It was a very uncomfortable time all around, honestly.

But the biggest moment... oh my dear lord. There's no way I can truly recreate what happened in writing, but just imagine the first sentence the groom (a relaxed, kind of goofy guy) says below in the exact same voice as Goofy the dog:

Officiant: Do you, Matt, take Cynthia to be your lawfully wedded wife?
    Groom: Nope! ...her name's Jessi.

The audience laughed for about five solid minutes. Oh, and Cynthia was Jessi's mother.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    A few weekends ago I was at the most disorganized wedding/reception I've ever been to. The officiant kept screwing up the vows and the order of the ceremony, the caterers made us wait nearly an hour for the food, the groom's cake had to be made by one of the guests at the last minute, etc. etc. It was a very uncomfortable time all around, honestly.

But the biggest moment... oh my dear lord. There's no way I can truly recreate what happened in writing, but just imagine the first sentence the groom (a relaxed, kind of goofy guy) says below in the exact same voice as Goofy the dog:

The audience laughed for about five solid minutes. Oh, and Cynthia was Jessi's mother.

Oh man, that's priceless.

...Also I'm not sure I've ever seen anybody refer to Goofy as "Goofy the dog" before.

Aydr on
    edited May 2010
    Eh, I figured that just calling him "Goofy" would confuse... er, somebody. So awkwardness prevails!

cloudeagle on
    edited May 2010
    Good thing he didn't say yes.

Aydr on
  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Aydr wrote: »

...Also I'm not sure I've ever seen anybody refer to Goofy as "Goofy the dog" before.
    I was the best man at my older brothers wedding, and our uncle was the priest. We're standing up on the altar, waiting for his soon to be wife to walk down the aisle. Our uncle is trying to whisper something to my brother, but he has horrible hearing. He was trying to tell my brother that his zipper was down, my brother asks what a couple of times, before our uncle says 'Your fly is fucking down be respectful'. The uncle sheepishly looks up as he forgot he had a mic on.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I had a moment while camping with friends back during Golden Week.

We were playing a game of Witch Doctor while camping on the beach. Rules (as best as I can explain them) are in the spoiler for those that don't know the game.
    The point of the game is for one person to figure out what rule all of the other people in the group is obeying. This is done via questioning people there, who have to follow the preset rule when they answer. The easiest to do is either "you are the person on your left/right" rule.

For example, let's say the rule is "you're the person on the left". Then, if the person on your left is, say, from England, and you are asked "What country are you from?" then you have to answer "England", because you are supposed to answer as if you're the person on your left.

The confusing aspect is when someone calls "witch doctor". This happens when someone answers a question wrong, and someone else knows the right answer. If this happens, then the person who knows the correct answer says "witch doctor" and the two people switch places.

From there, the one person has to figure out what rule everyone is obeying. It's a really great party game, honestly.

So we were playing by the "you're the person sitting to your left" rule. Due to various "witch doctor"-ings, my gf ended up sitting to my right at one point during the game. The girl who was trying to figure out the rule had NO idea what was going on, so we suggested she ask more personal questions.

Now, my gf and I happened to be sitting right across from the girl in question, who looked right in our direction. She looks at my gf and says, "So, <gf> when you're making love to Cokebotle, do you think of other people?" (Remember, she's supposed to answer as if she was me at this point).

*laughter from everyone* "God, I hope so."

*more laughter*

So the girl then asks, "So, who do you think of?"

"Hm... probably some tall, red haired anime girl wearing a skimpy bikini, holding a HUGE gun and riding around on robots." (Think Gurren Lagann, because I kept joking to her that she should dress like that for Halloween :winky:)

Cue uproaring laughter and me declaring "Motherfucking Witch Doctor."

Once she figured out the rule, people were telling her, "Remember those questions you asked <Cokebotle's gf>?" *cue more laughter*

Bastards >.<

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    So I had a moment while camping with friends back during Golden Week.

We were playing a game of Witch Doctor while camping on the beach. Rules (as best as I can explain them) are in the spoiler for those that don't know the game.
    The point of the game is for one person to figure out what rule all of the other people in the group is obeying. This is done via questioning people there, who have to follow the preset rule when they answer. The easiest to do is either "you are the person on your left/right" rule.

For example, let's say the rule is "you're the person on the left". Then, if the person on your left is, say, from England, and you are asked "What country are you from?" then you have to answer "England", because you are supposed to answer as if you're the person on your left.

The confusing aspect is when someone calls "witch doctor". This happens when someone answers a question wrong, and someone else knows the right answer. If this happens, then the person who knows the correct answer says "witch doctor" and the two people switch places.

From there, the one person has to figure out what rule everyone is obeying. It's a really great party game, honestly.

So we were playing by the "you're the person sitting to your left" rule. Due to various "witch doctor"-ings, my gf ended up sitting to my right at one point during the game. The girl who was trying to figure out the rule had NO idea what was going on, so we suggested she ask more personal questions.

Now, my gf and I happened to be sitting right across from the girl in question, who looked right in our direction. She looks at my gf and says, "So, <gf> when you're making love to Cokebotle, do you think of other people?" (Remember, she's supposed to answer as if she was me at this point).

*laughter from everyone* "God, I hope so."

*more laughter*

So the girl then asks, "So, who do you think of?"

"Hm... probably some tall, red haired anime girl wearing a skimpy bikini, holding a HUGE gun and riding around on robots." (Think Gurren Lagann, because I kept joking to her that she should dress like that for Halloween :winky:)

Cue uproaring laughter and me declaring "Motherfucking Witch Doctor."

Once she figured out the rule, people were telling her, "Remember those questions you asked <Cokebotle's gf>?" *cue more laughter*

Bastards >.<

:lol:

Good story

Aeyther on
  • GuffreyGuffrey Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have one that just happened tonight. So I'm the best man for my best friend's wedding, and tonight was the rehearsal/dinner. So, its dinner, we've all eaten, most of us have had a few drinks. The bride's father, who I go pretty far back with, has made the groom this huge honeymoon book (maps of the area, things to do, etc). So I'm sitting at a table with the groom, bride, and some of our friends. I'm looking through the book, turn to my best friend and go "So where in the schedule are you deflowering his daughter?". All I get is a soft "Jesus Christ..." in return. Yeah, he had walked right up to the table as I said that.

Guffrey on
    edited May 2010
    Oh man, how'd the father react?

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Went to my cousin's wedding while back. The girl he was marrying had a twin sister who was also getting married, so they had a double wedding. My mother had been joking with me (I'm easily embarrased) that when the Minister asked if anyone had a reason why these four could not be married, to speak up, she was going to say something.

So when the Minister got to that part, of course, my mother coughed loudly and shifted in her seat to screw with me. Except this Minister heard her, realized the potential for shenanigans, and said, "Yes, brother. Please speak up."

Both the couples spun like tops, the grooms in shock and the brides with fury all over their faces trying to see who dared to interrupt their special day. They kinda laughed about it afterwards but the only ones who really enjoyed it was the Minister and my mother.

Falx on
    edited May 2010
    Oh crap, forgot about what happened on my wedding.

So the ceremony is going great, and she and I walk up to light the unity candle. Since we have a moment to ourselves, I tell her something like "I couldn't ask for a more beautiful bride." Now, she doesn't want to break down crying during the ceremony, even if it's tears of happiness, so she tells me to distract her by telling her what the groomsmen and I were talking about in the minutes before the wedding.

So I tell her. They asked about my honeymoon (Hawaii), which lead to talk about tropical islands, which lead to talk about how so many James Bond villains had island hideouts, which lead to talk about the logistics of shipping all that manpower there, developing specialized torture devices, attaching laser beams to sharks, etc.

Yes, I was miked. Yes, anyone who watches our wedding video will hear me rambling on about James Bond villains.

cloudeagle on
    edited May 2010

So the ceremony is going great, and she and I walk up to light the unity candle. Since we have a moment to ourselves, I tell her something like "I couldn't ask for a more beautiful bride." Now, she doesn't want to break down crying during the ceremony, even if it's tears of happiness, so she tells me to distract her by telling her what the groomsmen and I were talking about in the minutes before the wedding.

So I tell her. They asked about my honeymoon (Hawaii), which lead to talk about tropical islands, which lead to talk about how so many James Bond villains had island hideouts, which lead to talk about the logistics of shipping all that manpower there, developing specialized torture devices, attaching laser beams to sharks, etc.

Yes, I was miked. Yes, anyone who watches our wedding video will hear me rambling on about James Bond villains.

Best wedding monologue ever

Buttcleft on
  • GuffreyGuffrey Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Skeith wrote: »
    Oh man, how'd the father react?

I didn't realize he was there at first. I think he had walked away when I heard the whispers, so I just kept my nose in that book. I didn't want to look up…

Guffrey on
  • ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Falx wrote: »

Went to my cousin's wedding while back. The girl he was marrying had a twin sister who was also getting married, so they had a double wedding. My mother had been joking with me (I'm easily embarrased) that when the Minister asked if anyone had a reason why these four could not be married, to speak up, she was going to say something.

So when the Minister got to that part, of course, my mother coughed loudly and shifted in her seat to screw with me. Except this Minister heard her, realized the potential for shenanigans, and said, "Yes, brother. Please speak up."

Both the couples spun like tops, the grooms in shock and the brides with fury all over their faces trying to see who dared to interrupt their special day. They kinda laughed about it afterwards but the only ones who really enjoyed it was the Minister and my mother.

She should have run with it and insisted the brides were crossed.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

I actually want to see your wedding video now. I've had to endure others over the years, but yours sounds like it would actually be amusing to watch.

Thankfully, one does not exist for ours.
    It wasn't for me, but I think my wife was embarrassed after we were pronounced and we walked back down the aisle together to the Imperial March from Star Wars. And when we were announced at the reception to O Fortuna. Those were the only two things I asked for in the wedding.

Bolthorn on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So my weekend was filled with quite a few amazing moments. The best, strangest one, though?

A large group of teenagers(20 or so) were all hanging out in a parking lot. Suddenly, we see a man in an Easter Bunny fur suit walk on by. Our immediate response is to stop and stare as he walks on by, gets in a truck, and leaves. "What the fuck?" we all say. And we think that's the end of that.

About 10 minutes later, he's back, standing, staring, being creepy as fuck. Someone says, "Let's get him. 3,2,1, CHARGE!" and 20 teenagers start chasing a furry full-speed. He sees us coming, takes a moment to process it, and bolts in the other direction.

TL;DR I chased a furry with 20 other kids in a high school parking lot.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited May 2010
    He was probably working a horrible, horrible, humiliating job and you chased him?

adytum on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This is a really old one I'd forgotten about until my Dad reminded me about it the other day.

When I was 10, my parents went on a trip to Europe and my brother and I were shoved off to stay with our grandparents. Every Sunday afternoon there would be a neighborhood baseball game in my grandfather's yard. It was like living in the 50's. Anyway, since the kids were a range of ages from 6 to about 14, my grandfather would pitch so that everyone got to hit.

A 6-year old by the name of John was on 2nd, and the batter nailed a good one. John ran to 3rd, and then kinda stood there. The ball hadn't been picked up from the ground yet, so my grandfather started coaching John, "Run in John! Run home, run home John!" so he does.

He takes off...away from home plate, off and away through the field, under the fence, across the road towards his house. My grandfather laughed nearly until he was crying.

Arrath on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Me and my friends did something similar, Gorilla. When we left Magic Mountain one time, Danimals had set up shop with their own guy in costume outside the exit. My friends and I all look at each other, nod and then rush the guy for a hug while my cousin just stands back and lights a smoke. The guy in the suit starts throwing yogurt samples as us as we rush him and then proceeded to have 5 guys bear hug him.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited May 2010
    adytum wrote: »
    He was probably working a horrible, horrible, humiliating job and you chased him?
    It was midnight.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited May 2010
    The story was strange when it was a guy in a bunny suit walking around without purpose.

It's embarrassing, for you, when you decided to have a large group chase a guy who was minding his own business.

adytum on
    edited May 2010
    The story was strange when it was a guy in a bunny suit walking around without purpose.

It's embarrassing, for you, when you decided to have a large group chase a guy who was minding his own business.
    Oh no, he was trying to creep us out. He had a friend in the truck driving and we saw it go by a few times. Probably should have mentioned that.

Gorilla Salad on
  • ueanuean Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm glad you didn't actually catch him though. Mindless gang of teens chases furry and what the hell are you going to do if you actually caught him? I gaurantee one of you would have taken a swing and then the rest just piled on and beat the guy to a pulp. Boo to you and your furry-chasing ways.

uean on
    Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »

I actually want to see your wedding video now. I've had to endure others over the years, but yours sounds like it would actually be amusing to watch.

Thankfully, one does not exist for ours.
    It wasn't for me, but I think my wife was embarrassed after we were pronounced and we walked back down the aisle together to the Imperial March from Star Wars. And when we were announced at the reception to O Fortuna. Those were the only two things I asked for in the wedding.

On the train of wedding-related embarrassment...

My wife and I were married by a friend of her family who was...whatever you have to legally be to perform a wedding. There were myriad reasons, but the long and short of it is that she was legally capable of but had never actually performed a ceremony before ours. We (my wife and I) wrote our own ceremony (not just the vows) to avoid certain parts and add things that were more meaningful etc. etc. etc. Anyway, being horribly nervous about the whole thing, our officiant forgot to tell the audience to be seated, so our entire wedding stood for the entirety of the (thankfully brief) ceremony.

And then she skipped over the part with the rings.

We kept trying to get her to go back and do it with whispered/hissed comments but she either didn't hear us or didn't understand us because she just rolled right on through the rest of the ceremony. Once we got back to the coat room where we walked down the aisle to (I'm not sure why the coat room, but whatever) we got the photographer to go find her and bring her back, then we did the ring-exchange part of the ceremony in private. Initially we decided to play it off as though everyone else had missed it happening, so when people asked "Uhh..did you guys not do the part with the rings?" (after the inevitable "Uhh..why did we have to stand?") we would just flash the rings and say, "Oh, no, we did, you must have missed it!" But the truth eventually came out. We found it moderately hilarious but I think that the officiant lady was mortified when we had her brought back to the coat room and told her she'd skipped it.

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    simulacrum wrote: »
    Bursar wrote: »
    Falx wrote: »
    It's really odd how the smallest little gaffe's can sometimes stay with you for the whole day.

Like when I buy tickets at the movies, and the cashier says "Enjoy the show!" and I say "You too!"

...Then I spend the whole movie thinking about what a dope I sounded like. :lol:

I seem to do this constantly. >.>

Its practically a birthday tradition for me now

Tastyfish on
  • Cedar BrownCedar Brown Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kamiro wrote: »
    One time, leaving work from Downtown during rush hour, I saw this guy walking around in a Bunny suit. It was pretty weird.

I want to do that. Perhaps I'm a psycho.

I want to find a chipmunk costume, dress it up like a cholo and then cruise around in a convertible making hand gestures at people.

Cedar Brown on
  • GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That will make for an interesting obituary.

GungHo on
  • SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Oh no, he was trying to creep us out. He had a friend in the truck driving and we saw it go by a few times. Probably should have mentioned that.
    He was probably wondering what 20 kids were doing sitting in a parking lot at midnight. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you were the ones being questionable?

Spacemilk on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I dunno, a guy in a bunny suit in the middle of the night seems a lot more out of place to me...

There might be a good reason for it, but I wouldn't know it.

I can think of a few reasons a bunch of kids might be in a parking lot at midnight, although it would depend on the parking lot.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Let me rephrase, then: legal, valid reasons.

Hopefully now it's more clear.

Spacemilk on
  • krushkrush Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Raynaga wrote: »
    That...I just...

D:

I mean, wouldn't you feel it in there somewhere?

you'll be amazed at what people hide in their meat flaps.

krush on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Spacemilk wrote: »

You mean like they were violating curfew or something like that? It's possible.

A dude in a bunny suit staring a bunch of kids is definitely fucking weird though. ... A bunch of kids chasing after a dude in a bunny suit is pretty weird too.

Having been a teenager at one point in my life though (and having gone to various things like concerts and late showings of movies among other things), being at a parking lot late at night wasn't too terribly unusual, although I never made a habit of it, personally.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited May 2010
    End wrote: »
    Spacemilk wrote: »

You mean like they were violating curfew or something like that? It's possible.

A dude in a bunny suit staring a bunch of kids is definitely fucking weird though. ... A bunch of kids chasing after a dude in a bunny suit is pretty weird too.

Having been a teenager at one point in my life though (and having gone to various things like concerts and late showings of movies among other things), being at a parking lot late at night wasn't too terribly unusual, although I never made a habit of it, personally.

When I was a teen I was in shady places all the time for fully legal, non-shady (maybe not necessarily valid) reasons (except that sometimes the being there was illegal. It's stupid to close parks at night anyway). The guy should have been expecting nothing else if he was creeping around like that.

It is a good thing nobody caught him though, something like that could definitely get out of hand even if everyone was just joking around.

Aydr on
  • krushkrush Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    When I was about 17 or so, I got drunk with my best friend (absolutely hammered on Champale). We were running around his neighborhood with a couple of friends, acting an ass, pissing pretty much everywhere we went (two bottles of Champale will do that to you...). When the night wound down, I decided to crash at his place for the night. His mom didn't care and neither did mine so, we drank some more and went to the park near his house. We ran across a couple making out on the slide, snuck up on them and screamed like monsters like "GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWRRRRRRRWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!"

4 drunk guys, screaming like rabid swamp monsters at a young couple dry humping on a children's slide... I swear they FLEW off the slide and screamed bloody murder.

We walked away laughing out drunk asses off while the guy was swearing at us.

Now hungry, we decided to walk to Taco Bell, but when we got there only the drive through was open. Not ones to let something like lack of a car stop us from Taco Bell, the four of us went to the drive-thru and jumped up and down in front of the menu board where 4 tires should have been. We placed our order and walked around to the window where the cashier demanded that we come back in a car before they would serve us. My buddy stuck his head through the window and tried to reason with them saying that they had the food in bags already and should just let us pay and give us our order. They threatened to call the cops on us and we started to leave. We saw a car coming into the drive-thru which one of the guys flagged down. The smell of weed was thick from the car and we explained to the driver what was up. The guy let us get into his car, went through the drive-thru and we demanded our order and jumped out of the car as soon as we got it.

back at the house, still massively drunk, I ate my food and lo! My buddy's older sister walked by... Who I decided at that moment I was in love with. I went up to her room and hit on her something fierce, but to no avail. I passed out on his stairs and woke up the next morning with a massive hangover.

14 years later I ended up working with his sister... First time I saw her at the office she said "Hey!!! I remember you!!! You're my brother's friend... The one that got drunk and tried to hit on me!!! Know something... If you had kept tryiung for about another 10 minutes, I would have fucked you! I was pretty wasted that night! Good times..."

krush on
This discussion has been closed.