As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Spring/Summer Edition

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    ashridah wrote: »
    Count nomad and i in for the golden gardens thing as well. Managed to miss the announcement (was at the end of the previous page)

THEN WHY WAS NOMAD BITCHING ABOUT THE DATE I CHOSE SO MUCH?!

I also put everything going on in the 2nd post since SOME PEOPLE CANT READ THE THREAD :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm in for the BBQ and possibly the LAN

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm in for this new LAN and the BBQ. I hope we have as great weather this year for the BBQ as we did last year.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    Count nomad and i in for the golden gardens thing as well. Managed to miss the announcement (was at the end of the previous page)

I also put everything going on in the 2nd post since SOME PEOPLE CANT READ THE THREAD :P

Because I hadn't really talked to her about anything since she was busy when I noticed them, and i was busy when she noticed them. We don't have a hive-mind, you know :)

ashridah on
    edited May 2010
    We have the technology.

BigRed on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Because I hadn't really talked to her about anything since she was busy when I noticed them, and i was busy when she noticed them. We don't have a hive-mind, you know :)

Yeah stop answering for me! Hive mind, no thank you!

I might come by the Golden Gardens BBQ for awhile, but will be busy later that evening.

And as for the LAN, it's way too fucking nice in the summer to sit in a garage all weekend! Although tent parties and BBQ sound nice, and I still have a negative beer tally..... For now, though, I'm leaning towards "FU I'm going to the beach". I also want to plan a camping trip over summer sometime, and... possibly a party on or around a particular holiday...

MetaverseNomad on
    edited May 2010
    pffft IF ONLY THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE WEEKEND IN THE SUMMER

owait

summer LANs usually dont involve gaming the entire time anyway, it certainly doesn't involve a beach though. SO YOU GO TO YOUR BEACH We will have lots of fun playing l4d2 campaigns :P

BigRed on
    edited May 2010
    pffft IF ONLY THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE WEEKEND IN THE SUMMER

owait

summer LANs usually dont involve gaming the entire time anyway, it certainly doesn't involve a beach though.

Yeah, how many weekends do we have over summer? 7? Certainly less that the fucking ENDLESS WINTER! Will there be outside games? Non-dungeon time?

MetaverseNomad on
    edited May 2010
    I enjoy winter. Summer is way too hot.

I go outside far more in the winter/spring fall/winter transitions when its sunny with 55-65 degrees.

BigRed on
    edited May 2010
    Speaking of enjoying the outside weather. How about we do some cheap weekend boozing with the wonderful happy hour. We had a few awesome Saturday evenings last year and I think we can do it again.

Generally 5-7pm and we can have one on the 29th of this month. We can start at The Triple Door and end up at Shortys. Perhaps there will even be more pirate than last spring Thanks eyeshuh :)

Is anyone else interested in cheap booze and food?

Edit: The Triple Door Happy hour starts at 4.

Facebook event

2009 Happy Hour Adventure
    44901006143852878180337.jpg

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2010
    Gah, you guys are making me sad I won't make it out to Seattle this summer, other than PAX Prime, of course.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2010
    Cronus wrote: »
    Speaking of enjoying the outside weather. How about we do some cheap weekend boozing with the wonderful happy hour. We had a few awesome Saturday evenings last year and I think we can do it again.

Generally 5-7pm and we can have one on the 29th of this month. We can start at The Triple Door and end up at Shortys. Perhaps there will even be more pirate than last spring Thanks eyeshuh :)

Is anyone else interested in cheap booze and food?

2009 Happy Hour Adventure
    44901006143852878180337.jpg

Holy shit, it's Az. This must have been 1 of the 2 events he ever attended! I think the Triple Door and Shorty's are a good idea, but they're way too far apart! I suggest we split them up and do two separate ones, centered more closely together. All I remember from the last pirate walk is "how much further and why am I not drinking right now".

Moe, maybe someone can bring a laptop to these things and we can webcam everything. :P

MetaverseNomad on
    edited May 2010
    How is going to a bar spending time outdoors? lol

BigRed on
    edited May 2010
    Bars have patios

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2010

Good point. I just don't want to go to the LAN cause I hate you. THERE I SAID IT :mrgreen:

MetaverseNomad on
    edited May 2010
    A stop between The Triple Door and Shortys is a good idea. A stop with a patio. I remember reading about a rooftop bar nearby. That would be awesome if we have a sunny day. I will do some research when I get home and find us a good one with a good happy hour between The Triple Door and Shortys.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    edited May 2010

Good point. I just don't want to go to the LAN cause I hate you. THERE I SAID IT :mrgreen:

NO U

BigRed on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I go outside far more in the winter/spring fall/winter transitions when its sunny with 55-65 degrees.

God's Tangy Truth right there.

Houn on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Gah, you guys are making me sad I won't make it out to Seattle this summer, other than PAX Prime, of course.

Move your ass out here then! :P
    Moe, maybe someone can bring a laptop to these things and we can webcam everything. :P

It's been done before for some events, there's no reason why we couldn't do it again. I could even volunteer the laptop, webcam, and internet connection, no matter where we are!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited May 2010
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Move your ass out here then! :P

Sure, just find me a job in my field. first.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2010
    Houn wrote: »

pansies the lot of you. When i was a kid, we spent our time in 40C heat (104F) outdoors, and we liked it!
    And there wasn't any sprinkler parties! Because we lived in a desert! And the mosquitoes were as big as your hand!
    AND EVERYTHING WAS TRYING TO KILL US, 24x7!

ashridah on
    edited May 2010
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    *snip*

It's been done before for some events, there's no reason why we couldn't do it again. I could even volunteer the laptop, webcam, and internet connection, no matter where we are!

That would be cool Coldbrew. Some of the tables at the Triple Door are long and thin. The laptop can be at the head of the table :D

Also, ignore Ash. I think he's having flashbacks. Booze will cure those Ash! I've got plenty extra if you need buddy.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    I was usually the one that ustreamed events since my Lappy has an aircard. Ill be doing that again at the golden gardens bbq btw :D

BigRed on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Did Ash grow up in the Land of the Lost? Why, yes, he did!
    lolaustralia ;-)

Houn on
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I shall be attending golden gardens. And I may bring some of my godly banana bread.
    if I feel like it, and I determine you are all worthy enough to experience the banana-y goodness.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
    edited May 2010

pansies the lot of you. When i was a kid, we spent our time in 40C heat (104F) outdoors, and we liked it!
    And there wasn't any sprinkler parties! Because we lived in a desert! And the mosquitoes were as big as your hand!

How old are you again???

MetaverseNomad on
    edited May 2010

How old are you again???

Not Telling

ashridah on
  • mostlyharmlessmostlyharmless Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I can do the BBQ, but I can't do the LAN party. The LAN party cuts into some very important gaming of another sort.

EDIT: Happy Hour is WIN. Count me in. Just need to know when and where.

EDIT 2: I suck at typing.

mostlyharmless on
  • TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just thought I'd throw it out there that I'll be down the weekend of the 29th for the Folkfest. Wouldn't mind meeting a bunch of you awesome folks :)

If you aren't awesome, I guess you can come to, I don't judge XD

Teenychicka on
    8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
    edited May 2010
    The LAN party cuts into some very important gaming of another sort.

You're not talking about WoW, are you...

Teeny do you mean Folklife? I forgot that was Memorial Day weekend, I'll probably go! After happy hour, of course...

MetaverseNomad on
    edited May 2010
    Doing an Enforcer only LAN memorial day weekend, wont be able to attend that :(

BigRed on
    edited May 2010
    An enforcer only LAN? Damn. That sounds cool. Well, us non-Enforcers will have to enjoy ourselves somehow, while drinking away from our computers at Happy Hour :D

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    Been doing it every memorial day weekend for the past... 3 years? Only going to be once a year.

I have WAY more public events though because I enjoy them more.

BigRed on
  • mostlyharmlessmostlyharmless Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The LAN party cuts into some very important gaming of another sort.

You're not talking about WoW, are you...

Actually, I'm talking about Mage: The Ascension.

mostlyharmless on
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    fucking ENDLESS WINTER!
    Your words confuse and bewilder me.

Edit:

Yes I am totally with BigRed on this.

Edit edit:
    CANNOT SPELL "WITH" DURING MORNINGS APPARENTLY.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Okay, quite yes on the BBQ (with my famous/infamous monster cookies), and a very good possibility of LAN action

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Depends on my schedule at that point but I should be able to make an appearance at the BBQ.

Kyanilis on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    In for the bbq, out for the lan.

Seeing how most of you will be at the LAN for my birthday (the 20th), I may plan something for the following weekend.

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • PARAGASPARAGAS Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm down for the BBQ but will probably take off mid-dayish to go to the Roller Derby bout that night.

I also like the idea of a Happy Hour get together.

PARAGAS on
    edited May 2010
    I was looking into a second spot for us to stop at between the Triple Door and Shortys. Theres only 6 blocks there and I didn't find a good one toward the middle. However I did find The Zig Zag Cafe which has happy hour between 5 and 7. It also has a second story patio area and just looks like a cool place for Happy Hour. This is looking good for a second stop. Please let me know if you've been there and don't think it will work.

http://zigzagseattle.com

May 29th - Happy Hour - The Triple Door - 4 pm - The Triple Door is at 216 Union Street and it's Happy Hour is 4-6.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.