As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Cell Phone Photo Thread!

carbon13carbon13 Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Artist's Corner
Righty! Hello! I enjoy photography, and you guys and your fancy pants cameras and prints in the photo thread inspire and provoke much jealousy in me. But sometimes when you're out and about without a camera and you see something cool you just have to use what is available. For me it is my phone.

So if anyone has any decent cell phone photos I would love to see them, also are cell phones becoming a viable alternative to a cheap digital camera? I know mine (Sony Ericsson k750i) surpasses some small digitals if the light is good enough.

Here is something I took that I enjoy, I hope to see more from you sexy talented people.

DSC00153.jpg

First topic! Woo!

First rule of Teacher Club: You don't touch the kids.
Second rule of Teacher Club: You DO NOT touch the kids.
carbon13 on

• benz0rsbenz0rs Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    meh.. just post it in the photo thread.

benz0rs on
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The idea isn't too bad. I think we've had someone in the past try to start something similar up.

It's a shame the photo above doesn't really have anything going for it :?

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Explain what you were taking a photo of there, half a bimmer or a boring street corner?

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • carbon13carbon13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Just a street. I hoped to post a crappy one to start and wait for you guys to contribute.

carbon13 on
    First rule of Teacher Club: You don't touch the kids.
    Second rule of Teacher Club: You DO NOT touch the kids.
  • CorgiCorgi Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think this is a great idea. And to show my support of it... here are pictures of my kitty I took with my phone. HA!
    9e10283661c8.jpg

bc460779978f.jpg

Corgi on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Why not post these in the photo thread? There is no reason to make a thread for a different camera format. I guess I'll start a 35mm thread, then maybe a super-8 thread.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Also, why would you start a thread dedicated to possibly the worst kind of camera you could own?

Brolo on
  • odiugodiug Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I find it odd that Carbon is catching such a hard time for this. I think his intentions were NOT to cause a ruckus and he possibly thought you folks might take offense to camera phone pictures being put up in the photo thread.

I recall people getting trashed when they would not put effort into a battle thread post. Carbon possibly wanted to avoid this, like a doodle thread for cameras.

The idea might not actually belong here and should go into another forum like General Discussion or what have you, but then again there are people like me who only come to one place in these forums, and he wanted to share with the group he frequents.

odiug on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    The idea isn't too bad. I think we've had someone in the past try to start something similar up.

I don't recall that ever happening in a thread all its own. I'm pretty sure that you're wrong unless you're talking about another forum.

In any case, the photo thread can hold this idea. I'd probably let it stay if you had a better OP but you don't. The idea of letting other people make up for your shitty photo is a silly one.

Grifter on
This discussion has been closed.