As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Upcoming Games Thread

• FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    If Richy doesn't mind, I'll be making an amendment to this system. You have to post and confirm that you'll be ready a week before the starting time. If you're not ready, then you forfeit your spot to the next person. And so on.
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Are you going to be ready to run your game on the 16th, Hack?
    All I need is cofirmation from Gig, and I'll be set.

Tee hee.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If Richy doesn't mind, I'll be making an amendment to this system. You have to post and confirm that you'll be ready a week before the starting time. If you're not ready, then you forfeit your spot to the next person. And so on.

What's the official word on how long the "rest period" is between games?

Nerissa on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »

Two weeks. And to make it simpler, whenever a game ends, I'll post here the starting date of the next game, and the deadline for the "ready" post.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I can't raise Gig. So, yeah, go ahead and let someone go in front of us.

Hacksaw on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay, I'm going to do something a little different. Can I put up my post friday, so I can have the weekend?

Fencingsax on
    edited April 2007
    That's fine.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Two weeks. And to make it simpler, whenever a game ends, I'll post here the starting date of the next game, and the deadline for the "ready" post.
    Amendment accepted. And I can edit the first post to add the rest periods and start dates, too.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well I have a million phallas to go before mine, but I've changed my mind to a (dark) New World adventure. A discworld phalla would still rock considerably but I this other idea I have has solidified a bit more.

Casual Eddy on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I want to do a DnD game of Paranoia.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Marx wrote: »

We're doing a paranoia-themed phalla in oD&M right now, just fyi.

Smasher on
    edited May 2007
    Smasher wrote: »

While that is an entirely awesome endeavor I support whole heartedly, that is not what I want to do.

P10 on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

While that is an entirely awesome endeavor I support whole heartedly, that is not what I want to do.

Oh, you mean an actual Paranoia game?

Smasher on
    edited May 2007

Oh, you mean an actual Paranoia game?
    Yessir. Either using JParanoia or other means.

P10 on
    edited May 2007
    I haven't been watching the current game, but I gather there's a chance of a flop? Anyway, AJ, are you going to be ready if it does? Because I have a LOT of writing to do before I'm ready, and if I'm going to be up in the next couple of weeks, I need to know ASAP.

Nerissa on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    For what it's worth, if those after Fencing aren't ready, my game is pretty much done.

Elendil on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I suggest getting your writing ready regardless, once there's about three people ahead of you.

I've started, but I'm not done. Still need to get final opinions on balance.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I haven't been watching the current game, but I gather there's a chance of a flop? Anyway, AJ, are you going to be ready if it does? Because I have a LOT of writing to do before I'm ready, and if I'm going to be up in the next couple of weeks, I need to know ASAP.

It looked rough for a day or so but I think Fencingsax's game will be okay. Restarting it was really the right move.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited May 2007
    Agreed.

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    edited May 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    I suggest getting your writing ready regardless, once there's about three people ahead of you.

I've started, but I'm not done. Still need to get final opinions on balance.

I'm planning on getting a good start in this weekend, but my weekend plans often go awry, if I don't have to make it a priority, I can stress out less when it doesn't get done.

Nerissa on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    I'd like a tenative place on the list. I have a pretty workable game that just needs a slight bit more working out.
    Uh, yeah, can I get an add? Game's basically done. Lovecraft themed.

Elendil on
    edited May 2007
    I'd like a tenative place on the list. I have a pretty workable game that just needs a slight bit more working out.
    Uh, yeah, can I get an add? Game's basically done. Lovecraft themed.
    Oh, I totally missed that post. Sorry about that.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It looks like we've got games booked from now until next century, but I was still wondering if there would be any interest in a D&D Nomic game.

SE++ is doing one but it really seems to be a game more suited for D&D, what with our monocles and our manners and our megalomania.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    It looks like we've got games booked from now until next century, but I was still wondering if there would be any interest in a D&D Nomic game.

SE++ is doing one but it really seems to be a game more suited for D&D, what with our monocles and our manners and our megalomania.

I'm sorry but that just brings to mind massive debates about useless details of a rule, such as wether it's founded on the concept of 1==1 or not. Man... count me in. =P

AcidSerra on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    AcidSerra wrote: »

I'm sorry but that just brings to mind massive debates about useless details of a rule, such as wether it's founded on the concept of 1==1 or not. Man... count me in. =P

It makes me think of Calvinball. I'd be in too.

James on
    edited May 2007

I'm down.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited May 2007

Well, the idea of having only one Phalla game going on at once makes sense... But I don't see why we couldn't have a non-Phalla game going on at the same time.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'll be frank that I've never run a Nomic game before, so this'll be an adventure for everybody. I probably wouldn't be able to spend time on it until a couple of weeks from now, though.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    After browsing the SE++ game it seems like a Nomic game would be a lot of fun.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    The next game should start on June 1st. Whoever is next should tell us whether they'll be ready by then, or not, by May 25.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    edited May 2007
    The next game should start on June 1st. Whoever is next should tell us whether they'll be ready by then, or not, by May 25.

That would be Andrew_Jay, then Nerissa, then me...

I will be ready if they are not.

Note: My game will be a 50-player game.

tuxkamen on

edited May 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »

That would be Andrew_Jay, then Nerissa, then me...

I will be ready if they are not.

Note: My game will be a 50-player game.

I'm not sure right now whether I will be ready or not, I'll have a better idea at the end of the week. I can hope AJ will check in so I can have an extra week or so to get my PMs written. :P I'm out of town for 2 weeks starting June 23, so if I don't get mine started in time to be done before then, I'll have to drop myself back on the list until after that.

Nerissa on
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm totally down for the debate competition. I learned my lesson last time when Elk and I got robbed for being too wordy.

Yar on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Yar wrote: »
    I'm totally down for the debate competition. I learned my lesson last time when Elk and I got robbed for being too wordy.
    Elkamil got robbed for having a troll like you on his team.

Oh burn.

Dynagrip on
    edited May 2007
    Unfortunately I'm still two or three questions short, and I had zero time lately to think of new ones.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

that woulkd be great... my partner vanished before thge last one started (thumper).

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    We were robbed (psychochipmunk and I), but I can't remember why.

Fencingsax on
  • jaimelajaimela Registered User new member
    edited May 2007
    I'll be frank that I've never run a Nomic game before, so this'll be an adventure for everybody. I probably wouldn't be able to spend time on it until a couple of weeks from now, though.

Looking forward to it anywways. Keep us updated. :D

jaimela on
  • ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm not going to do the phalla game I was thinking of anymore.

Shinto on
    edited May 2007
    Shinto wrote: »
    I'm not going to do the phalla game I was thinking of anymore.
    You mean you want to change the setting/rules of your game, or you want out completely?

Richy on
    sig.gif