As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hates, Happies, Hopes and Horses

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I feel like a dick for leaving the other people, but god damn am I sick of shit like this. Honestly I've resigned myself to never getting tank loot until I hit 80 and start hitting up heroics with my guild.

Was it the first boss? They were probably needing on everything they could.

Yeah.

There was a huge lag time from when it dropped from when he hit need. I'm guessing he was a bot or something too.

Edit:

I said, "Cool story bro" then dropped group.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I typically don't need anything outside of my primary spec. I am trying to get a tanking set put together but even then I will be the last to roll to see how everyone is rolling before I just need. If someone else really needs the gear and I am just trying for some random drops so I can basically solo farm for the Raven Lord mount, I will pass on it. Maybe I am too nice.

Mutilate on
    edited May 2010
    It's getting really hard to tank instances in crafted greens. Though, in another level or two I can equip the crafted blues and last until heroics, at which point I can craft all the ToC/ICC shit and fill in the rest with various BoEs and then tank heroics.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    It's getting really hard to tank instances in crafted greens. Though, in another level or two I can equip the crafted blues and last until heroics, at which point I can craft all the ToC/ICC shit and fill in the rest with various BoEs and then tank heroics.

It is but then some of the DUNGEON quest rewards are nice tanking items the ones from outside of dungeons not so great

Brainleech on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm guessing the priest was dual boxing the warrior. It wouldn't surprise me.

shadowane on
    edited May 2010
    Yeah they did roll at the same time.

Yeah the few pieces I've replaced are the 1-2 pieces of tank gear that are pretty decent from the quests for those dungeons.

bowen on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    shadowane wrote: »
    I'm guessing the priest was dual boxing the warrior. It wouldn't surprise me.

I dual box my ret paladin and priest but then I am playing with my priest on a laptop only once did someone catch on I was double boxing and then they teased the shadow priest and hunter about it

Brainleech on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think it's extremely rude to dual box in an instance, rolling twice on everything and underperforming at both jobs. I dual box, but never in groups with other people (other than guildies who are aware of what I am doing.)

Regina Fong on
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ugh, in a random H PoS I was tanking a while back, the healer was "dual boxing" a rogue. I use that term very lightly though, because all the rogue did was follow the healer around. No DPS, no nothing. We raised it with the healer and he said if we didn't like it, we should kick the rogue and that he'd leave. He had no problem with the rest of the party having to carry his lazy, inconsiderate, goose ass through an instance.

So we promptly kicked him out, got replacements and finished up.

Coconut Monkey on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ugh, in a random H PoS I was tanking a while back, the healer was "dual boxing" a rogue. I use that term very lightly though, because all the rogue did was follow the healer around. No DPS, no nothing. We raised it with the healer and he said if we didn't like it, we should kick the rogue and that he'd leave. He had no problem with the rest of the party having to carry his lazy, inconsiderate, goose ass through an instance.

People generally don't understand that there is probably a healer in the queue waiting for a tank to sign up.

Seg on
    edited May 2010
    I love dual-boxing, it allows me to privately gear up my lowbie alts in fun old world blues so they can wreck shit, and by assisting with my priest (and now my shammy, 80 on the opposing account) to handle the multiple person missions that can't be soloed in Outlands and Northrend. But that's pretty much where I draw the line. I don't like to involve other people in my dual-boxing exploits, I'm not even crazy about running guildmates through instances while I'm also running an alt, I would simply prefer to run it a second time for the guildies.

Regina Fong on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I still laugh when healers/tanks think they're irreplaceable. I was tanking regular FoS last night with a healer/DPS combo from the same guild. The DPS was a paladin DPSing in prot spec with prot gear. When I ask if he had a DPS spec the healer told me "forget about it just pull". We somehow manage to get to the last boss and the "DPS" guy is only doing 600 DPS. We wipe and the 'dps' gets kicked when we all get back. The healer says "have fun doing this without a healer", pulls the boss, and then leaves.

Which is funny because the boss resets if everyone if far enough into the corridor. Got a new healer and DPS and finished up.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Which is funny because the boss resets if everyone if far enough into the corridor. Got a new healer and DPS and finished up.

Oh man that is my dream. To zone into a FoS right in front of the last boss. Probably made their day.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
    edited May 2010
    Pushy healers are even more noxious than pushy tanks, because they are twice as replaceable on an average day.

Regina Fong on
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I still laugh when healers/tanks think they're irreplaceable. I was tanking regular FoS last night with a healer/DPS combo from the same guild. The DPS was a paladin DPSing in prot spec with prot gear. When I ask if he had a DPS spec the healer told me "forget about it just pull". We somehow manage to get to the last boss and the "DPS" guy is only doing 600 DPS. We wipe and the 'dps' gets kicked when we all get back. The healer says "have fun doing this without a healer", pulls the boss, and then leaves.

Have fun waiting ~5 seconds for a new healer! I guess it would be worse if the tank was the a-hole leaving, as I hear tanks are what people have to wait longest on, but I have only used LFD on my tanks so far so I the longest queue I've had was about 10 seconds.

Joshmvii on
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm healing Scarlet Armory and the tank pulls a whole room, then the tank pulls another whole room. I decide to top off, "drinking." The tank yells, "This rape train ain't got brakes!" and pulls another room. At least he held aggro flawlessly, and I know it is more fun for him and the dps, but it makes me grind my teeth a little.

jackal on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The only times I've ragequit as a healer on my priest (the only character I've LFD'ed as a healer on), were when the tank was being a douche and there was no chance of getting him kicked. I've never pulled mobs while doing it though.

In which case he was an alt so I can swap over and do something else while I wait out the 30 min debuff.

Nobody on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    I'm healing Scarlet Armory and the tank pulls a whole room, then the tank pulls another whole room. I decide to top off, "drinking." The tank yells, "This rape train ain't got brakes!" and pulls another room. At least he held aggro flawlessly, and I know it is more fun for him and the dps, but it makes me grind my teeth a little.

As douchey as that line sounded it made me laugh and I will probably use it at some point with friends and guildies.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Have fun waiting ~5 seconds for a new healer! I guess it would be worse if the tank was the a-hole leaving, as I hear tanks are what people have to wait longest on, but I have only used LFD on my tanks so far so I the longest queue I've had was about 10 seconds.

I have been gearing up my prot warrior. People see me with 22k hp and leave. I say whatever, they are the ones with 20 minute queues. My low HP has only been a problem in HFoS when I don't interrupt the Phantom Blast and am already low on HP. I haven't been removed from a group yet, but if i was ever kicked I would just requeue.

Oh and Be GLAD that healer left after you kicked out his low friend. He could have sat in the instance refusing to heal or leave.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "This rape train ain't got brakes!"

Okay, I'dve let him pull the entire instance for that pearl.

Hate: I'm probably going to have to get a DPS off-spec for my new warrior if I want to get him into pugs for the weekly/Vault. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until he out-gears all of it for tanking. 35k health turns people off. :(

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
    edited May 2010
    I'm healing Scarlet Armory and the tank pulls a whole room, then the tank pulls another whole room. I decide to top off, "drinking." The tank yells, "This rape train ain't got brakes!" nd pulls another room. At least he held aggro flawlessly, and I know it is more fun for him and the dps, but it makes me grind my teeth a little.

I am laughing way to hard at that. That made my day...and is about to make my profile.

Mutilate on
    edited May 2010
    I'm surprised you were even able to kick the guy, why wouldn't his friend just vote not to kick?

Regina Fong on
    edited May 2010

He wasn't in a Goon guild was he?

Nobody on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Said it in the LLLL thread, but I wanna say it again:

Happy: Reins of the White Polar Bear

Doctor Detroit on
    edited May 2010
    Said it in the LLLL thread, but I wanna say it again:

Happy: Reins of the White Polar Bear

I want that mount but have had 0 luck getting it. It makes me sad. :( See I am now sad.

Mutilate on
    edited May 2010
    I got that mount the day before I finished saving up for my mechano-hog. Now it sits there, unused and unloved.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
    edited May 2010
    drhazard wrote: »
    I got that mount the day before I finished saving up for my mechano-hog. Now it sits there, unused and unloved.

Can I have it?

Mutilate on
    edited May 2010
    I think mine is still in my randomizer, along with the Amani War Bear and the Black War Bear.

Nobody on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh, the RNG finally (finally) smiled upon me.

I've been trying for that mount for somewhere around 8 months, at least. And I probably averaged 4-5 tries a week.

It would be funny if the stats could track how many times I've done each of those quests. Oh no wait, it would probably make me cry.

Doctor Detroit on
    edited May 2010
    Mutilate wrote: »

Can I have it?

It needs to know how unloved it is as I pop wicked wheelies around Dalaran every morning.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
    edited May 2010

Can I have it?

It needs to know how unloved it is as I pop wicked wheelies around Dalaran every morning.

I promise I will feed it and walk it and take very very good care of it.

Mutilate on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm almost to the point of having my motorcycle, but I have to say, I'm probably going to keep using the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth as my main land mount. Having a hot troll chick and a goblin wingman is too awesome.

Samphis on
    edited May 2010
    Am I the only one who thinks all the bear mounts that have that stupidly little glowy-goggle helmet thing look terrible?

Regina Fong on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bear Goggles are awesome. Like Beer Goggles, but with less regret and more fur.

Samphis on
    edited May 2010
    Once I get my Raven Lord mount this will all be moot. That is, without question, the best ground mount in the game. It's true. You know it in your heart.

Mutilate on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm healing Scarlet Armory and the tank pulls a whole room, then the tank pulls another whole room. I decide to top off, "drinking." The tank yells, "This rape train ain't got brakes!" nd pulls another room. At least he held aggro flawlessly, and I know it is more fun for him and the dps, but it makes me grind my teeth a little.

I am laughing way to hard at that. That made my day...and is about to make my profile.

On my warrior I got in library group. As soon as all 5 people ported in the pally tank started pulling. Only he didn't stop to notice the healer (the only one even capable of healing in that group) had ported in with 200hp and about 15 mana.

To his credit the pally held aggro really well for the 15 or so seconds he lived tanking the entire hallway before he died from no heals. I even yelled at him in /p as he started the pull but he didn't notice until too late.

I managd to pick up most everything and hold them passably until he zoned back in. He was the only death. After that he pulled more reasonably.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Once I get my Raven Lord mount this will all be moot. That is, without question, the best ground mount in the game. It's true. You know it in your heart.

IT'S THE WORST GODDAMN MOUNT BECAUSE IT WON'T DROP FOR ME. ALMOST EVERY DAY I GO IN THERE, AND WHAT DO I GET? SPIRIT SHARDS?? SOME DUMB RING? A BADGE OF JUSTICE?

As you can see, I have no rage at all when it comes to this mount.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited May 2010
    End wrote: »

IT'S THE WORST GODDAMN MOUNT BECAUSE IT WON'T DROP FOR ME. ALMOST EVERY DAY I GO IN THERE, AND WHAT DO I GET? SPIRIT SHARDS?? SOME DUMB RING? A BADGE OF JUSTICE?

As you can see, I have no rage at all when it comes to this mount.

I am okay with your rage about not getting the mount. you rage because you know how awesome it is and you know you need to own it. It will happen for you. But not before the time is right.

Mutilate on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I doubt there will ever be a right time. :-/

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

As a healer (after I would be done laughing) I would have said something like "Until the engine runs out of gas..."

I'm also a big fan of "My blue = your green"

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
This discussion has been closed.