As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Love, Loathe, LoL and Lulls

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    I've had no problem picking up raging spirits on LK.

Granted, I'm not tanking the first two in either phase, and our rogues and hunters have been (is goaded the right word here?) into making sure to misdirect them onto the tank.

We have none anymore. My taunt missed yesterday. I'm even glyphed for it.

What's your hit at normally? It might be low enough so even with the glyph you'd be under 17% spellhit.

Nobody on
  • MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Mutilate wrote: »
    Loathe: Going from my Resto Druid to Shadow Priest. Instant queue to 30+ minutes! And no, healing on the priest is not an option.

Same with my DK, but going from tank to DPS. Pappa needs his Grinning Skull Boots, and the DPS will inevitable whine if the tank rolls on it.

Thats the other piece too. If I go into an instance as a healer I would feel bad rolling on DPS gear. Although Priest gear is basically the same either way. So, maybe thats a moot point.

Mutilate on
  • MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Loathe: WSG FC team of three tree druids, unless it's on my team. Just so many heals and mana.

Lol: 76 druid trash talks me for getting flag at level 70 and of course losing it, he grabs the flag and drops in in even less time than me...

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
    edited May 2010
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Loathe: Going from my Resto Druid to Shadow Priest. Instant queue to 30+ minutes! And no, healing on the priest is not an option.

Same with my DK, but going from tank to DPS. Pappa needs his Grinning Skull Boots, and the DPS will inevitable whine if the tank rolls on it.

Thats the other piece too. If I go into an instance as a healer I would feel bad rolling on DPS gear. Although Priest gear is basically the same either way. So, maybe thats a moot point.

I don't know about anybody else, but I kinda stopped caring about being the tank and rolling on DPS gear about the same time I lost out on tanking boots to a DPS warrior (with the healer coming in second on the roll).

Nobody on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    I've had no problem picking up raging spirits on LK.

Granted, I'm not tanking the first two in either phase, and our rogues and hunters have been (is goaded the right word here?) into making sure to misdirect them onto the tank.

We have none anymore. My taunt missed yesterday. I'm even glyphed for it.

What's your hit at normally? It might be low enough so even with the glyph you'd be under 17% spellhit.

1% too low with the glyph. I'm at about 15%, and we always have a dranei. I did get the boots from sindra last night though, so that should help immensely.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mutilate, AB and AV I think give the bestest xp (especially if you win). Avoid wsg @ that lvl. My shaman the same and WSG so far been full of 77+... not much fun being the lowbie target practice.

Love: 4 cap Eots last night. Just need to do it 2 more times....

Loathe: People who nerd rage in BG's. Especially the ones that whine "OMFG we have no healers" srsly people, you want to be healed? Either reroll or lvl first aide.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    When I'm not in a mood for healing for my daily heroic, I queue--unchecking healer first--as soon as I log on and then go do my fishing daily and AH runs. By the time I'm finished with one or both of those tasks the queue has popped.

Opty on
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Opty wrote: »
    When I'm not in a mood for healing for my daily heroic, I queue--unchecking healer first--as soon as I log on and then go do my fishing daily and AH runs. By the time I'm finished with one or both of those tasks the queue has popped.

I do this with both my prot/ret paladin and resto/elem shaman.

I like tanking and healing, it's why I leveled those characters, but sometimes it wears on you.
    Neyla wrote: »
    Loathe: People who nerd rage in BG's. Especially the ones that whine "OMFG we have no healers" srsly people, you want to be healed? Either reroll or lvl first aide.

It's like night and day the difference between having healers and no healers. Especially WSG and to a lesser extent EotS.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
    edited May 2010
    format wrote: »

It's like night and day the difference between having healers and no healers. Especially WSG and to a lesser extent EotS.

Seriously. One of the main reasons I stopped bothering with WSG was consistantly seeing an Alliance team bust out of a tunnel, with a tank warrior/paladin carrying the flag and flanked by two holy paladins and two trees.

And no, these typically weren't premades, unless they were coordinating it from different servers.

Nobody on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Love: Reins of the White Polar Bear

Doctor Detroit on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Seeing as how you live in Ann Arbor and I live in Michigan, I'm going to find you...

and give you a high five.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    format wrote: »

Seriously. One of the main reasons I stopped bothering with WSG was consistantly seeing an Alliance team bust out of a tunnel, with a tank warrior/paladin carrying the flag and flanked by two holy paladins and two trees.

And no, these typically weren't premades, unless they were coordinating it from different servers.

I did an EotS the other day, and of the 8 alliance players assaulting my base at the start, 5 were resto druids, and 1 was a disc priest. It was a very D:D:D:D:D: moment. I should note, that despite the odds, we 4 based that alliance team.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    /High5

Now I just need to fix my randomizer to stop giving me talbuks. :)

Doctor Detroit on
    edited May 2010
    format wrote:
    Neyla wrote:

I won't deny it isn't helpful to have healers in BGs, nor the difference they make. My beef is with the people who whine when there isn't any or expect to be healed. Especially when it is hybreds that whine in all caps that someone should heal THEM.
    Nobody wrote:

Damn I am in the wrong alliance battlegroup! Cyclone horde are the ones that are usually stacked with healers.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited May 2010
    format wrote:
    Neyla wrote:

I won't deny it isn't helpful to have healers in BGs, nor the difference they make. My beef is with the people who whine when there isn't any or expect to be healed. Especially when it is hybreds that whine in all caps that someone should heal THEM.
    Nobody wrote:

Damn I am in the wrong alliance battlegroup! Cyclone horde are the ones that are usually stacked with healers.

Yeah, Nightfall Alliance seems to have it pretty easy in battlegrounds. You'd almost never lose AV and win more than lose in the other ones.

Nobody on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm in Nightfall Horde, and I find that I have the opposite experience. We win more than lose in almost every battleground.

Samphis on
    edited May 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    I'm in Nightfall Horde, and I find that I have the opposite experience. We win more than lose in almost every battleground.

This must be something new then. Everytime I've tried to do a BG (even after people have told me that it's changed), I always see something like the lines of the following:

AV: "Let's rush Vann, don't D!"

IoC: "Okay, half of you go Hangar, and the other half go Docks. Wait, the entire Alliance force went Docks?"

WSG: "Why protect the flag carrier/kill the enemy flag carrier when I can farm mid?"

AB: "What's this "fight on the flag" thing about? I want to farm people on the roads!"

EOTS: "Hey, lets all fight a couple of guys over the flag while we get 4 capped!"

Strands: "I'm going to farm people on the beach"

Nobody on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, when I remember to have my tank gear with me when I queue for AV, the rush works. :grin:

As for the rest, my armory stats are showing a higher win than loss ratio. Again, it's just my experience.

Samphis on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I have no idea what your talking about :shifty:

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
    edited May 2010
    Well, when I remember to have my tank gear with me when I queue for AV, the rush works. :grin:

As for the rest, my armory stats are showing a higher win than loss ratio. Again, it's just my experience.

true, mine show a higher win/loss ratio too, but I pvp'ed a lot more late TBC (after 3.0 and the achievement system hit), and late Naxx.

And I used to rush on Vann all the time, all too often I was the only person up there capping the flag while the rest of the team went on to hit Balinda. Then an Alliance recap team would come back and kill me so I'd end up rezzing at the cave.

On the occasion that we did get everybody up there, all too often the only healer(s) would be people trying to heal in offspecs or blue PVP gear.

Nobody on
    edited May 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »

I have no idea what your talking about :shifty:

you prefer axe or matches?

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

This must be something new then. Everytime I've tried to do a BG (even after people have told me that it's changed), I always see something like the lines of the following:

AV: "Let's rush Vann, don't D!"

IoC: "Okay, half of you go Hangar, and the other half go Docks. Wait, the entire Alliance force went Docks?"

WSG: "Why protect the flag carrier/kill the enemy flag carrier when I can farm mid?"

AB: "What's this "fight on the flag" thing about? I want to farm people on the roads!"

EOTS: "Hey, lets all fight a couple of guys over the flag while we get 4 capped!"

Strands: "I'm going to farm people on the beach"

I'm on Nightfall horde as well, and in my experience we do when more than we lose. IoC is a bit of a problem, but other than that we generally do well.

jackal on
  • ThatOneYoYoGuyThatOneYoYoGuy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Loathe: The Shattrah Cooking Daily. Give me the Kibler's Bits Recipe damn you!

ThatOneYoYoGuy on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    /High5

Now I just need to fix my randomizer to stop giving me talbuks. :)

they are just goats with a saddle. but then I have been calling them that since I first saw them.

But then calling it the ghost donkey does seem to anger people

Brainleech on
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lawl: I've been blowing up low level BGs on my heirloomed rogue with an ambush spec recently. At first I only expected to be effective against cloth and leather, turns out at low levels ambush goes right through mail also. It finally slowed down against pal/war in the 40's, but everyone else still gets destroyed.. but thats not the lawl...

nearly 1 shotting people is pretty boring, so I rolled up a cloth character and heirloomed them out and have been BGing it. A rogue with the same idea as mine came up and sapped me while I was riding across the field, then opened with an ambush that hit for 1,010 on my little level 35 self. Here comes the lawl...

i rolled a disc priest, having no idea how OP they are at low levels, after being almost 1 shot I killed a full health rogue 2 levels higher than me and ended with full health. Also that particular BG I was 2nd on the damage done list, and first by a long shot on the healing done.

Also that rogue after being defeated by me, appeared to be hunting me down for the rest of the BG, and she could never kill me solo, in one case she even had a hunter helping her, and while I died to the combo, she died to me first :D

I think priest may be my new favorite class, I used to like druid pvp healing, but when you've got 1 person attacking you, its really annoying to not be able to do any real damage to them at all. I could keep myself alive for ever, but they could keep annoying me forever too :\ Seems with a priest the dots go along way in solving that problem.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Brainleech on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Loathe: The Shattrah Cooking Daily. Give me the Kibler's Bits Recipe damn you!

Took almost an entire year to get that fucking Chocolate Cake recipe to complete my achievement.

Fuck RNG.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Love: ICC10 last night in a pug on my warrior tank
    Love: Enough badges to replace essence gossamer
    Love: Killed each boss up to val with ease (healers were great, dps was meh)

Loathe: Invited to group earlier yesterday, see other tank, gemming, spec, even glyphs were a mess "Your gs is to low" /boot.
    Lol: Half hour later... "LFM healers".... half hour later... "LF2M DPS".... half hour later... "LF1MDPS"

My warriors gear isn't that bad, 245 badge/crafted items, ICC crafted, epic gems, the GOOD ICC 5 man pieces. Piss on you mr dk tank with blue def/str gemming and a mismatch of talents that avoids important ones. You are clearly superior with your 3 pieces of beginners t10 and "I've gone and made a mess" achievement. Bravo.

Thomase1984 on
  • drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Loathe: Rawr's delicate balancing that suggests I re-gem everything when I get an upgrade on my warrior. I figure I'll match sockets as I gear up, then worry about re-gemming when I hit a certain threshold (all the 232/245 stuff I can get).

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    drhazard wrote: »
    Loathe: Rawr's delicate balancing that suggests I re-gem everything when I get an upgrade on my warrior. I figure I'll match sockets as I gear up, then worry about re-gemming when I hit a certain threshold (all the 232/245 stuff I can get).

Is it a switch between armor pen and strength or something? :P

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited May 2010

Loathe: Invited to group earlier yesterday, see other tank, gemming, spec, even glyphs were a mess "Your gs is to low" /boot.
    Lol: Half hour later... "LFM healers".... half hour later... "LF2M DPS".... half hour later... "LF1MDPS"

My warriors gear isn't that bad, 245 badge/crafted items, ICC crafted, epic gems, the GOOD ICC 5 man pieces. Piss on you mr dk tank with blue def/str gemming and a mismatch of talents that avoids important ones. You are clearly superior with your 3 pieces of beginners t10 and "I've gone and made a mess" achievement. Bravo.

I bet he had an awesome GS though. :mrgreen:

Nobody on
  • MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I bet he had an awesome GS though. :mrgreen:

At the end of the day, thats whats important. :P

Mutilate on
    edited May 2010
    End wrote: »

Not even that, it's flopping between dodge and parry. And then I get another upgrade and it goes, "well, that's perfect now! Just do stamina in EVERYTHING."

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    End wrote: »

Not even that, it's flopping between dodge and parry. And then I get another upgrade and it goes, "well, that's perfect now! Just do stamina in EVERYTHING."

I avoid this issue by just gemming Stamina in everything unless I'm shy on Defense.. then I gem Def/Stamina... because for the most part.. Socket Bonuses can kiss my butt.

mturalon on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh tanking? Hm, I wonder how it models tanking.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lol:

This one is for you shaman I ran H.FoS with yesterday.
    Upon zoning into H. FoS I see that my group consists of a Bear Tank, Priest Healer, Elemental Shammy and a Mage... wonderful for me, no one who should (reasonably) try and roll against me for my second Nighttime.

We start going and our elemental shammy is lagging behind, big time. We've done about 6 pulls and he is still at the start of the instance. Our tank (who is from the same guild) asks said shammy what is up, he says "Sexting with my GF, catch up with you in a couple mins".

... really?

No worries, we get to Brohnjam (or whatever his name is) and kill him, no Nighttime for me... we wait, and wait and wait... and the shammy doesn't roll. He misses his chance at the 22 slot bag and the shard as he is still AFK.

Queue the last boss up... I see the shammy running up the tunnel towards us (presumably so he makes 100% sure he doesn't miss his badges) and who does the Devourer cast mirrored soul on?

/evil grin

Queue army of the dead, and every other cooldown I can blow... See about 8 seconds later... a dead shaman.

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lament: I either have to get 2 sets of gear for my DK or settle on a crappy DPS set. One side of me says "Just get tank gear" but then the other side says "You also want to be able to be good at DPS"

I keep leveling alts who do more than 1 thing.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    They are pretty weak.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    edited May 2010
    Socket bonuses make me happy. :(

Plus, going straight stamina reminds me of people who judge a tank only by health, which annoys me. I hate having to constantly heal a tank with almost 50k health when I've seen some with 10k less that require much less healing because they have more mitigation.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What if the socket bonus is more stam?

Love: More PvP upgrades, as well as some kick ass 264 mail SP bracers with haste and crit. Been waiting on those for a long time, we have been extending our raid to try and down the LK.

Looking forward to?: Some lucky drops in VoA this week for a ring or neck. If that happens my shaman will be a force.

Loathe: Not to much right now, but the guild is having some shitty attendance so we are dropping down to 3 nights.

RedDawn on
This discussion has been closed.