As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicitations for August 2010

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Graphic Violence
When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Okay, Deadpool Team Up has potential for huge win, so long as the writer uses the Nextwave version of Machine Man.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ha, the American Son solit spoils the identity of American Son. Luckily, nobody will care.
    Still, I'm surprised they brought back Sins Past.

Also, a bit about the Avengers Academy is spoiled.
    But it's another inmate that captures their attention...the man who imprisoned, experimented on and tortured them: Norman Osborn! When The Raft goes into lockdown, are they trapped inside with him, or is he trapped inside with them?

This was actually alluded to back in Initiative.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited May 2010
    Also, when the hell is Fraction starting on Thor? Gillen is still writing as of #614.

wwtMask on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    the only thing i might get is that Resurrection of Galactus FF hardcover if it has sufficient cosmic elements (looks like it probably does)

Rans on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Also, when the hell is Fraction starting on Thor? Gillen is still writing as of #614.

I don't think he is. Another writer has been announced for it I think, I forget who though.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cannot wait for this: 57_NEW_AVENGERS_3.jpg

cardboard delusions on
    edited May 2010
    BigDes wrote: »

I don't think he is. Another writer has been announced for it I think, I forget who though.

I wish they'd just leave Gillen on the book. He clearly knows what the fuck he's doing.

wwtMask on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Spitfire one-shot by Paul Cornell should be fun. I really like that Marvel's been chucking out all these one-shots and short mini-series for characters that couldn't support ongoings.

Deadpool #1,000 has a great list of talent attached, so that should be awesome, and Hit-Monkey vs Bullseye ought to be fun.

Was Prince of Power always a mini, or was its run shortened? And it looks like Dark Wolverine's ending, which is a minor bummer.

Munch on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think Prince of Power was always a mini, with the intention of having another miniseries (or ongoing relaunch) once the 4 issue story was over.

Daken is getting his own relaunched book as well (if I'm remembering correctly).

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    74_SECRET_AVENGERS_4.jpg
    The fate of one hero and the birth of another will be decided here, as the Secret Avengers true enemy is finally exposed! It's an all-new kind of Avengers by award-winning writer Ed Brubaker and acclaiming artist Mike Deodato, Jr.

Brubaker don't you freaking dare.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Some good looking stuff there, New Avengers in particular looks lots of fun.

EDIT: Oh shit Brubaker if you kill Nova I will mess you up so bad.

Solar on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The beauty of a 'team' book is that a writer can't really kill off another editorial office's character - there's no chance Nova dies in SECRET AVENGERS.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    He'll just be incapacitated or some shit and Steve will fly around town with Nova gear on haha

cardboard delusions on
    edited May 2010
    The beauty of a 'team' book is that a writer can't really kill off another editorial office's character - there's no chance Nova dies in SECRET AVENGERS.

I know, it was just a reflex response. I just lost the Sentry, no way they're taking Nova away as well.

Solar on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Steve just got pissy because Nova is a better character than he is and kicked him off the team while nationalizing the nova force. What a loser.

Young Allies #3 makes Gravity sound like he's become some dark guy, which I find sad.

And all the X-titles look so bleh, especially spinning out one-shots for the third title on a weak premise (except for Legacy, Clay Mann whooo)

And Cap #609 still has that stupid Zemo character destruction story going on, so lame.

TexiKen on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Read the Avenger's Prime solicit. It sounds like Fraction's previously solicited Thor issue is pretty dependent on a status quo change that happens in Prime, so I imagine the Fraction run will finally start either in September or once Avengers Prime ends.

Edit: Gillen's blog suggests this is his last Thor arc, as well.

HadjiQuest on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Secret Avengers are getting their asses kicked, so Nova makes them all into Nova Centurions to save the day. War Machine gets a Cosmic Gatling Gun and Steve gets a Gravimetric Shield Shield. Everybody wins.

Hensler on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    heroicprincepower4_02.jpg

Fantastic.

131_young_allies_3_02.jpg

WELL LET'S PLAY "GUESS THE SUPERVILLAIN PARENT" though one of them is immediately obvious

Furu on
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man, that's a crapload of Shadowland stuff I have no intention of reading. Oh well, this should more than make up for it:

ddblackwhite1.jpg

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That's a pretty Daredevil cover...

What's the deal with the Women of Marvel omnibus? Did they just cram every single-issue featuring a female into one giant book and call it day? That very sloppy of Marvel.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
    edited May 2010
    A very pretty Daredevil cover. You know, DD is getting more and more intruiging to me, I may have to pick up some trades soon.

Solar on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    A very pretty Daredevil cover. You know, DD is getting more and more intruiging to me, I may have to pick up some trades soon.

Have you read Born Again? If not, start there. It's relatively self contained, amazing (like, DKR amazing) and serves as the blue print for pretty much all of Smith's, Bendis', and Brubaker's runs

MastaP on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh man if Cho gets pup back I will cry manly tears of joy.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I seriously doubt they'll kill Nova. As it's been said, he belongs to another editor's office, plus it's STEVE ROGERS! The same Steve Rogers who just got a new outfit! They won't change it that soon. Plus The Thanos Imperative, and Steve Rogers: Super Soldier, are both running at the same time. This'll be a one issue thing at best.

Matthew on
    edited May 2010
    But Matthew comic book covers are never misleading

Furu on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh man if Cho gets pup back I will cry manly tears of joy.

Pup did come back.
    It wasn't a pup anymore and rejected Cho.

Robos A Go Go on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Avengers Prime won't be ending till February since it's a bi-monthly title so I doubt any true changes will happen in the title.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bi-monthly, what? It's Alan Davis as artist, this doesn't make sense.

TexiKen on
    edited May 2010
    If a book written by Bendis of all people has to be bi-monthly then you know Davis will be taking his sweet time to say the least.

wirehead26 on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Steve barrows Richard's helmet. The in helmet music player kicks on America F*CK YEAH! and Steve is sent flying around the country at 400 mph.

Psychotic One on
  • GankGank Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Pretty sure hensler's called secret avengers. And fucking hell marvel, got enough shadowland tie ins? I mean, yes, i'll probably be bying the heroes for hire "blood on the streets" seeing as i was ranting the othe day about how we havent seen them since WWH and possibly the power-man one. But sweet jesus, every event has like eighty fucking minis & one shots along with it.

Are you trying to send me bankrupt?!

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Only getting two trades in August, the first Diggle Daredevil book and Dark X-men. Might get the Secret Invasion hardcover if I can somehow trade in the single issues for it.

wirehead26 on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Bi-monthly, what? It's Alan Davis as artist, this doesn't make sense.

He has to make sure all the women have pointy fingers.

Algertman on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cannot wait for this: 57_NEW_AVENGERS_3.jpg

It's going to be so exciting when Strange does fuck all and then gets stabbed.

Bloods End on
    edited May 2010
    The entire first NA arc is about magic. He'll do something.

Actually come to think of it

First NA arc is magic
    First Avengers arc is time travel
    First Secret Avengers arc is space

Furu on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Considering The Thanos Imperative 3 is out in August and explicitly mentions Nova assembling a team, Its safe to say he isn't getting killed off.

I for one, am interested in hearing the Steve Rogers/Worldmind banter.

Karl on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Steve Rogers its Imperitive you listen at this ti....

No it's imperitive you keep letting me shoot lasers out of my eyes to kill more nazis!

Psychotic One on