As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Love, Loathe, LoL and Lulls

• RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    LOL: I got busted by rankwatch on my druid when I was rezzing people in tank spec. I battle rezzed someone when there was downtime in the fight. It was only 1 rank down from the highest, and I had it trained, but it amused me none the less. I was like give me a break, I'm a tank battle rezzing someone. The people in the group laughed about it so it was all good.

RedDawn on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    First time I ever got busted by rankwatch, and probably the last (I hope) I was using a 1 rank down SW: D (on my disc spec). Obviously, on my shadow spec I have the correct rank and had no freaking clue my button was outdated for my disc spec, so even though it was embarrassing, I am quite grateful for it.

Regina Fong on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    First and only time I got busted was in WG with my shaman using Healing Wave rank 2

Funny part is, I'd just switching to a healing wave build to do more tank healing in ICC, which we had just cleared up to Rotface before that WG took place.

Man was my face red. There was probably a festergut wipe or two that might have been avoided.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I got busted on RankWatch for using Cure Poison instead of Abolish Poison. I just kinda shrugged and replaced the spell.

Mutilate on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If I had been busted with a downranked healing spell that would have been worse, as it is my shadow word death is nothing more than a way to fling my prayer of mending away to another target when it lands on me. But I use it constantly to finish off mobs while soloing, so having the highest rank of it now has been a major boon.

Regina Fong on
  • QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've kept rankwatch running but turned off the whisper feature. With the dual spec bug a lot of people can miss a spell or two.

Quetzatcoatl on
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If what you're talking about is a mod that tells the raid when people use downranked spells, whoever was running it would hate being around my alt lock. Just so I make sure the 200 SP buff from my Illustration of the Dragon Soul never falls off, I spam rank 1 lifetap about every 3 seconds when we're in between trash pulls. :mrgreen:

Joshmvii on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, thankfully before too long, we'll never have to worry about downranked spells again!

My RankWatch busts people *all* the time. In random dungeons, battlegrounds more recently... The majority of people who respond are pretty grateful to know.

Dranyth on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've kept rankwatch running but turned off the whisper feature. With the dual spec bug a lot of people can miss a spell or two.

Is it a "bug" or is it just something that sucks by default.
    And rankwatch is what actually caught me up when I first encountered that issue. Now I know.

And knowledge is power!

1363306749_7bf3e1a29a.jpg

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    They fixed the bug. Now it just removes the spell when you train it. That seems like such a lazy cop-out to actually fixing the problem.

Good luck remembering what was in the 2nd,5th, and 9th position over when you haven't used your dps spec for 4 levels!

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Love: Paladin hit 60, getting some of those nice TBC upgrades out in HFP.
    Love Two: Hammer of the Righteous + Consecrate + Avenger's Shield = Zomg Aggro & Damage.

Loathe: Dumbass tank during Pit of Saron on Normal.

We've just downed Krick & Ick, and he says "Damn, no trinket" and bails on the group.

Bloodshed on
  • QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Is it a "bug" or is it just something that sucks by default.
    And rankwatch is what actually caught me up when I first encountered that issue. Now I know.

And knowledge is power!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1011/1363306749_7bf3e1a29a.jpg

I'm not sure why, but I laughed out loud at that picture. It's so wrong.

Quetzatcoatl on
  • IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bloodshed wrote: »

We've just downed Krick & Ick, and he says "Damn, no trinket" and bails on the group.

I got tanks that did that in normal halls of reflection for the shield.

They don't do that as much anymore when I hit need, win the roll, and blackmail them into finishing the instance.

IvanIssacs on
  • BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Trinket drops on Heroic. That's the real kicker xD

Bloodshed on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The trinket from Ick is pretty worthless to begin with too.

Even in full 232 gear as a tank you're hitting diminishing returns on dodge pretty hard and in ICC it's totally worthless. Pretty much anything sta/armor is infinitely better.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That trinket is more of a druid trinket as they use dodge more than anyone.

Even if the item does not drop that i need on my warrior I will stick around till the end.
    I hate tanking that ramp up in Pit it's a pain to gather then up interupt all three that cast spells and try to keep arggo on all of them

Brainleech on
    edited May 2010
    I've had luck tanking that ramp on my Warrior.

Charge the middle caster, T-Clap, strafe left, shield bash, toss the axe at the right, t-clap again, shockwave.
    Nice and grouped up til one of those annoying bastards teleports away and starts Hellfiring.

Bloodshed on
    edited May 2010
    The Ick trinket is full on worthless. Stam and Armor trinkets have been the only trinkets worth wearing this entire expansion, outside of the first few weeks of Naxx 10 when I still had to wear my Def rating trinket I got from Thaddius to stay above 540.

Joshmvii on
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Love: 11/12 Heroic Modes done in first raid nights. Now for LK practice and a night off.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Loathe: Ravenlord mount won't drop.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Like: 2/4 of the first 4 bosses done on heroic for our first night of heroic attempts

Opty on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Happy: I was able to solo Death from Above (tournament dragon daily) with my Shadow Priest. Yay. Take that, stupid dragon, got your ass kicked by a squishy.

reVerse on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bloodshed wrote: »
    Love: Paladin hit 60, getting some of those nice TBC upgrades out in HFP.
    Love Two: Hammer of the Righteous + Consecrate + Avenger's Shield = Zomg Aggro & Damage.

Take comfort in knowing that he probably would have bailed anyway even if what he wanted did drop.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Love: My monitor came back from being repaired so I can play on the desktop again.

I dusted off my Paladin, and tanking is ridiculously easy at level 40. I can hold aggro against mages/warlocks 5 levels above me without any problems. And that is just by spamming two and a half buttons.

Loathe: Silly geese shaman that can't put down totems. I had two Maraudon runs (I think it was purple? The part with the imps and satyrs) and both had a dps shaman. After I came close to dieing several times with 2 diseases and 3 poisons on me, I asked the shaman to please put down Cleansing totem. The one in the first group did it every time I specifically asked for it and was angry when I eventually said he should just put it down on every trash group without me having to remind him every time.

The second shaman didn't place any totems and only said "They cost too much mana". He was in full heirlooms, of course.

Love/Loathe: Maybe I should look into a prot dual spec, there should be some interesting talents at 40ish.

Grobian on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Grobian wrote: »
    Love: My monitor came back from being repaired so I can play on the desktop again.

I dusted off my Paladin, and tanking is ridiculously easy at level 40. I can hold aggro against mages/warlocks 5 levels above me without any problems. And that is just by spamming two and a half buttons.

Loathe: Silly geese shaman that can't put down totems. I had two Maraudon runs (I think it was purple? The part with the imps and satyrs) and both had a dps shaman. After I came close to dieing several times with 2 diseases and 3 poisons on me, I asked the shaman to please put down Cleansing totem. The one in the first group did it every time I specifically asked for it and was angry when I eventually said he should just put it down on every trash group without me having to remind him every time.

The second shaman didn't place any totems and only said "They cost too much mana". He was in full heirlooms, of course.

Love/Loathe: Maybe I should look into a prot dual spec, there should be some interesting talents at 40ish.

Replace shaman with prot. paladin, no totems with no aura, no buffs and no righteous fury, and maraudon with heroic UK and you have the last instance I did.

He bailed after the gauntlet / harpoon boss, I imagine because the blue proto drake didn't drop (it didn't help that it took forever to do this fight).

Obligatory hunter at the end needing on all the gear topped off probably one of my worst random dungeons.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Love: Good week for me, got another 277 token, the 30 plague achievement for my 25 drake, and my car got fixed in only a couple days.

Loathe: Neck deep in vile is bad times without a DK specced into chillblains.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Loathe: Getting beat up pretty bad in my 2's group yesterday. We only managed to pull out 2 - 3 wins in 8 games, sucked so bad. I'm going to blame myself for a lot of it, but it's rough when you get a mage lock combo as an Ele shaman.

Loathex2: LK normal is becoming my least favorite fight as a healer. I feel like I need to keep the tanks alive, raid heal the defile and cleanse the disease. I can do it all, just not all at once. I also love when people explain to me that it's better to cleanse the disease in the group like I'm an idiot, but they don't yell at the person that isn't moving out. My guild has a general lack of focus a lot of time, but in this fight it seems to really be coming through.

Hope: I may have found another guy in my guild who wants to arena so 3's are looking possible.

RedDawn on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    luls: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13525764260&sid=1

Loathe: Only managed 4.5k DPS in VOA on my Priest. So embarassing. I was #12 on the epeen charts. Not quite as bad as the Mage who got beaten by one of the tanks, but still, pretty bad.

reVerse on
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Loathe: Was unable to make it to my 25 man last night.

Love: Upon logging in just as the raid was ending, the guildleader/other tank whispered me "Don't worry, the shield didn't drop!"

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lull: Becoming super board with WoW. Even the thought of playing my baby warrior doesn't give me much desire to play.
    Love: Since we both quit raiding it seems like there is more and better fun times with the wife. You heard it here folks. WoW kills your sex life.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Love: Found a Protection PvP spec for my warrior and got titanium plating enhancement for my shield for 40g. Went to AB and we rolled them. I had 27 killing blows and made up 1k honor in 1 battleground. I took out an arms warrior a few times, a roge twice and a retadin a few times. Then they all ganged up on me and it sucked. Fun times.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fuck you, super-geared tank that drops from Oc for no reason after I wait 20 minutes in queue... then we sit around 10 more minutes before everyone else drops. Awesome.

EDIT:
    Then I wait another 15 and my connection drops for 30 seconds. Not sure if it's like BGs where you can stay as long as it doesn't pop, but I certainly was not in queue when I got back. Teeth = grinding

Monsty on
    edited May 2010
    I like when I get Oculus now that they added the bag of goodies that gives me gems and a shot at a mount for doing nothing other than an easy heroic. We've gotten make it count for people the last 3 times I got it as a tank on random. People just have a perception that it's hard. Of course, for some people, the prospect of not knowing if the people you just got grouped with have any idea how to do the drakes is a little scary, because it's still easy to wipe on the last boss in there if people don't know what to do, and wiping in a heroic is an unimaginable atrocity to people nowadays.

Joshmvii on
    edited May 2010
    Occ is not that bad once you have done it and understand it. Plus I got my drake the first time I ever ran it so that was fun.

Mutilate on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    As long as your red and green have a clue, you can drag completely new bronzes through with a basic understanding of what to do.
    Use 2 for a while till this number gets big. then hit 1. Hit 3 every once in a while.

Long as tank can soak and healer can heal, it's easy.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2010
    After having healed both oculus with the green drake and maly, I have no idea how anyone manages to fuck it up. A quick lookup on wowwiki and I went "wow... how is this hard?"

Why we struggled for 3 weeks on phase 3 on maly is beyond me, if I can pick it up my first time ever doing it.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited May 2010
    It's not the status quo. For some reason, most people, when confronted with something they have never done before and they are in a group setting their mind inexplicably is no longer able to be analytical and make logical decisions. They degrade into this quivering pile of goo that needs to be spoon feed the information and implicitly told what to do to get through the situation. When that happens collectively... it's just... well it's terrible. Plain and simple.

Mutilate on
    edited May 2010
    Yeah but still, even when they're told to do it they manage to melt down. I mean fuck it's simpler than a rogue's dps rotation, and that's pretty simple.

bowen on
    edited May 2010
    Yeah. That is true. I got nothing.

Mutilate on
    edited May 2010
    For many people, reading tooltips and having people tell them how to do something doesn't make it easy for them. Some people have to practice things to get them. Me, I can pick something up instantly and understand the mechanics and just do it, but I've raided with plenty of great people who are going to have to fail a couple times doing something like p3 of Malygos before they can get it, just because the combination of moving when this happens, not letting the stacks drop, etc., is new and different.

Everybody doesn't learn or adapt at the same pace, and that's fine too. As long as people are willing to learn, they'll get it, even if it's not as fast as you might get it yourself.

Joshmvii on
This discussion has been closed.