As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't edit a post in Chrome

Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with ragefrom a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
If I click edit, the box that pops up looks thus:

example.jpg

And while I can edit the text in the box there, the buttons to save or cancel do not work.

XP, service pack 3.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
Just_Bri_Thanks on

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm on Ubuntu 9.10 with 6.0.401.1-dev and it's working fine. When's the last time you updated Chrome?

MKR on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Chrome can edit posts fine on all of my computers. Running an older version?

Arrath on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    chrome.jpg

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Cleared cookies and settings and all that?

Running any extensions that might mess with stuff?

Arrath on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Rocking the same version of Chrome as you, just on Windows 7 64-bit. No issues editing here.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ResonantResonant Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Try starting Chrome in incognito mode (CNTRL+SHIFT+N if you already have chrome open) and attempt to edit the post.

If it works, it means you've got some wonky extension messing with you.

Also, I noticed you are running Chrome 4. I've been running the dev build with no problems for about six months. You can try to upgrade if interested.

qRG4n.png

Resonant on
    convergesig.jpg
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Aside from the extremely rare rendering glitch, the dev builds have been consistently functional.

MKR on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2010
    Uninstalled all extensions and then reinstalled Chrome. That fixed it. I don't know which extension was causing the problem yet.

Just_Bri_Thanks on