As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Madballs In Babo: Invasion

TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
edited May 2010 in Games and Technology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_hWc62e3_E

Shoot balls and get points! What part of that doesn't sound fun folks? Well here's your chance to be knee deep in balls, folks! Take control of a lil round bastard and obliterate your enemies in the fine old sport of combat to the death.

Madballs is a wonderful little indie title with a focus on multiplayer action. It's currently hella cheap on Steam, and definitely worth a look. On the surface, it looks like a simple little action game but the amount of different load outs available means that there's actually a lot of strategy involved in what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bGwepjg05E&feature=related

There's two factions, each with four different types of Babo each of whom have their own strengths and weaknesses, and two special abilities each. Combine this with a host of different weapons ranging from a bazooka to an orbital bombardment, chaos is bound to ensue! The videos give a better idea of the gameplay than I ever could.

Tav on

• Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Played the free demo when it was available, was some good arcadey mindless fun.

Might think of getting it, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 is coming out on Sunday so I don't think I will ultimately.

Was fun when I played it though!

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't know if anyone still plays it on Live, but this was a great game. A fairly huge (for XBLA standards) single player/co-op campaign with lots of replayability, and multiplayer was a blast. I bet people still play this on Steam.

The game is based on the free to play and download Babo Violent 2

To be honest it's nothing short of a small miracle the game actually made it onto XBLA

Bamelin on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bamelin wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone still plays it on Live, but this was a great game. A fairly huge (for XBLA standards) single player/co-op campaign with lots of replayability, and multiplayer was a blast. I bet people still play this on Steam.

That they do. It's gone on sale several times over the past few months (like, for example, right now) so it still has a fairly large community for a small indie game.

Tav on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    weird, it double posted.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This game is exceptional. It's a really great online arena shooter. It's balanced extremely well, and gets very very deep in strategy, as much as you want it to be. It has unlocks for playtime and such to keep you comming back.

It sucks about the brand tie in, I think that pushed people away from it, but the game is very well done. But anyways this game is just super polished. It's probably the first game to utilize steam works in its fullest as well.

Playbrains recently made a bejeweled clone in the same brand, and they did a very good job with that as well. The twist with the brand is that when you match for one of the characters, they set off a special ability, and you can do some other neat stuff as well. They give you full play ability of the mobile version from the screen of invasion, to promote it. They seriously have some good heads on their shoulders there and I really want to see them do more, because both of these games so far are really top notch.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png