As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fallout 3] Wubba harrrrglb? JAMBAAGLR

• ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Stop: 0x0000007E (OxC00000005, OxBD13F73B, 0xB2085BE0, 0xB20858DC)
    nv4_disp.dll - Address BD13F73B base at BD012000, Date Stamp: 4bb7e5d1.
    :?
    It blue screens my PC. Nothing else has had the ability to BSOD my pc.

Well that's an Nvidia driver or something related to it. So I would start there. Try driver cleaner and new/different drivers. Start with newest. Then betas. Then go backwards if those do not work.

Other link I found just googling.

Apostate on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'll give that a shot.
    When my game isn't crashing, the MM mod makes the game so much fun. Increased spawns and stronger enemies? Yes please!

Rizzi on
  • Lawful EvilLawful Evil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Does anyone remember a mod that someone posted here which added some sort of "setting" color filter to the game? It had titles like "Blue Sky" and "Silent Hill", and I can't seem to find it in this thread.

Lawful Evil on
    Do not believe that the impossible exists. That is why you fail.
  • TheBanaTheBana Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm trying to go from Fallout 1 -> 3 as I never did play much of 1 or 2 back in the day.

However, after installing the unofficial patch 1.3 and the hi-res mod I'm getting flickering while playing. It's not THAT bad, just a bit off putting. I'm running Windows 7 and have the game running in Windows 98 compatibility mode, 1024x768, 16-bit colour settings ingame. (8-bit makes the screen go completely black now and again, moving the cursor around clears the 'fog' it creates).

I've had a read over at No Mutants and I couldn't find a proper solution so I'll ask here...anyone got any ideas?

TheBana on
    Monster Hunter Tri - TheBana/FZVK6U; Skype - TheBana84;
    edited May 2010
    The only issue I have with Fallout 1/2 is that it randomly crashes for no reason. Fallout games seem to be good at that for me. :P

Rizzi on
    edited May 2010
    I fixed it. I have no idea how, but it's stopped flickering. Weird.

Maybe iTunes was messing it up, all I did was close that and reinstalled the hi-res mod.

Now to try and kill mans and profit using a melee character.

TheBana on
  • KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Does anyone remember a mod that someone posted here which added some sort of "setting" color filter to the game? It had titles like "Blue Sky" and "Silent Hill", and I can't seem to find it in this thread.

This it?

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I guess that a couple mods that upgrade power armor when you get training adds the extra weight capacity after a few seconds. That explains a lot.

Spanish Inquisition on
    AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
    edited May 2010
    Fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu...

I only took 1x RadX before entering the glow, thinking by munching any RadX/RadAway I found while down there I'd be safe. WRONG.

Now whenever I try to leave the glow, I die, instantly.

I'd rather not reload from a savefile from way back and lose about 2 hours played time, can I use a hexeditor or something to save myself?

TheBana on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    TheBana wrote: »

I only took 1x RadX before entering the glow, thinking by munching any RadX/RadAway I found while down there I'd be safe. WRONG.

I'd rather not reload from a savefile from way back and lose about 2 hours played time, can I use a hexeditor or something to save myself?

I can't remember, but I think this is Fallout 1? Look for falche, a character editor. You can either cure your radiation, up your resistance, or edit your inventory.

Sir Carcass on
    edited May 2010

I can't remember, but I think this is Fallout 1? Look for falche, a character editor. You can either cure your radiation, up your resistance, or edit your inventory.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have Falche running and my resistance is currently 112%, I don't see any stats for radiation or anything to do with my inventory. D:

TheBana on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

Thanks for the quick reply. I have Falche running and my resistance is currently 112%, I don't see any stats for radiation or anything to do with my inventory. D:

Hmm, it's been a while. Maybe there's a separate inventory editor program? Check NMA. You could also try bumping your HP way up until you get out, if you're actually taking damage.

Sir Carcass on
    edited May 2010

Hmm, it's been a while. Maybe there's a separate inventory editor program? Check NMA. You could also try bumping your HP way up until you get out, if you're actually taking damage.

Thanks. I fixed it, I found a program to turn Stimpaks into RadAway, I had to use about 50 of them to cure my radiation and I've managed to get the water chip, huzzah! The only cheat I used was the RadAway trick, now to do the next...mission...

TheBana on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    To be fair, the game says, in great bloody stinking red letters, if you don't have serious anti-radiation, you're probably screwed.

manwiththemachinegun on
    edited May 2010
    Definitely a lesson learned today, although I have never seen any such warning other than the 'You have received a large dose of radiation' that popped up every couple of minutes I was in the Glow.

TheBana on
    edited May 2010
    ...it's called The Glow.

Sir Carcass on
    edited May 2010
    It's glowing.

Rizzi on
    edited May 2010
    Alright, alright. I'm a moron. D:

I thought one RadX would do the trick.

TheBana on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It would have:
    if you'd gone down to the first level, grabbed the tape, and then went straight back to the brotherhood to get your power armor. Once you have power armor you can wander around to your heart's content and use one or two radaways to clean yourself out once you're done

Metalbourne on
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    you only need two radx's to clear the place out, you dont even need power armour.

Deaderinred on
    edited May 2010
    Any one else notice that your Pip-boy has a heart attack when you go near the Capitol Building's main entrance? It beeps. The sound is that of selecting a place on your map via Pip-boy. I noticed it when I exited via the Capitol into The Mall and after the battle, I noticed a faint beeping, as I was just past the steps near the bottom. Thought maybe it was a glitch and I'd somehow caused the "select location" sound to loop.

Fast travel, sound goes away. Fast travel back, sound returns. Walk up/down the steps and notice it grows louder and fainter around a certain area. Head to the other end of The Mall on foot, sound disppears by the time I've cleared the Capitol. Comes back as I reenter the Capitol steps.

Figured that was weird, just to make sure I'm not crazy, I save, quit, and load back up. Sound is still there.

Its like a bloody metal detector, except I have no idea whats its detecting. Its not the Geiger counter sound, thats for sure, and there isn't any radiation going on. It is definitely the same sound your Pip-boy makes when selecting locations and stuff. As you move around the entrance to the Capitol in The Mall, it grows and quiets.

Somebody has got to know what the deal with this is. Is it related to cut content? Was there supposed to be something your Pip-boy detects? Because I just can't find anything that it could possibly be detecting.

Klash on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's probably just the geiger freakin out from the whitehouse being a nuke puddle. I asked one of the bethsoft guys cause I was curious about that too and they said there's nothin there. I wonder why they stopped posting here.

SkutSkut on
    edited May 2010
    But the thing is, there isn't any radiation. Its radiation free. No rads in the upper right. The sound isn't that of the Geiger counter and is clearly that of the "select location" sound your Pip-boy makes.

Its like your Pip-boy is going off instead of a Geiger counter.

Damn you, Bethsoft! What were you planning?!

Klash on
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just got back into Fallout 2 again. *sigh* nothing beats getting power armor, a gauss rifle, and a mega power fist within 2 hours of the game :P

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Are the pc fallout 3 dlc disks restricted in any way? My friend ended up buying the disc versions of the Fallout 3 DLC for his pc version of the game. Would I be able to borrow them and install the dlc with no issues?

Zerokku on
    edited May 2010
    Zerokku wrote: »
    Are the pc fallout 3 dlc disks restricted in any way? My friend ended up buying the disc versions of the Fallout 3 DLC for his pc version of the game. Would I be able to borrow them and install the dlc with no issues?

I don't see why they would be. All the disks do is serve to install the DLC on your computer.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Alex_KincaidAlex_Kincaid Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Just got back into Fallout 2 again. *sigh* nothing beats getting power armor, a gauss rifle, and a mega power fist within 2 hours of the game :P

Zwuht?

How?

Alex_Kincaid on
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is it just me or is installing MMM impossible? I have FOMM and FOSE. I'm putting it exactly where the readme is telling me to put it, yet it does not show up on the mods list. I swear this game and Oblivion will make you tear your hair out whilst installing mods.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • LeCausticLeCaustic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fallout needs to be on my Zune or phone...

LeCaustic on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    kaustikos.png
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Zwuht?

How?

After the Arroyo, maybe even Klamath if you're into it walk on down to
    where you know Narravare is and bluff your way onto the base. You can play out that whole sequence just like later, iirc.

Spoliering just in case it's your first time through. You need to earn that bit of knowledge once yourself. Be aware, though, it really lets you steamroll a lot of the game and those first ten levels of being a scrappy tribal were always the most fun for me.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    deowolf wrote: »

Zwuht?

How?

After the Arroyo, maybe even Klamath if you're into it walk on down to
    where you know Narravare is and bluff your way onto the base. You can play out that whole sequence just like later, iirc.

Spoliering just in case it's your first time through. You need to earn that bit of knowledge once yourself. Be aware, though, it really lets you steamroll a lot of the game and those first ten levels of being a scrappy tribal were always the most fun for me.

Yeah, but it sure as hell couldn't have hurt to give me a 10 mm Pistol at the start... But, yeah, I cheated and went to San Fran, got a quest from the BoS guy there that lead me to the first Enclave base (but not before I stole money from the stupid shopkeepers at San Fran :P). From there, I got the Advanced Power Armor from a locker in the basement level, got the quest item, and headed back to San Fran.

By the end of the quest, I was already at level 9, and had a jackpot of powered energy weapons. I stole from the shopkeepers again, then bartered for a Mega Power Fist and Gauss Rifle (and stole from the shopkeeper AGAIN... man, they're dumb).

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Klash wrote: »
    But the thing is, there isn't any radiation. Its radiation free. No rads in the upper right. The sound isn't that of the Geiger counter and is clearly that of the "select location" sound your Pip-boy makes.

is it the chinese beacon encounter where you hear a distress beacon that gets louder as you get closer?

Buttcleft on
    edited May 2010
    Whoa.. Now instead of blue screening, Fallout 3 just goes to a black screen and then closes.
    No error messages or anything.
    Why does this game hate me?

Rizzi on
    edited May 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

is it the chinese beacon encounter where you hear a distress beacon that gets louder as you get closer?

Nah, its exactly as I described, not a radio signal. For random encounters involving signals, you actually have to flip the signal on in your Pip-boy.

I have been looking for that random encounter, though. Something strange about hunting random encounters, heh.

Klash on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, but it sure as hell couldn't have hurt to give me a 10 mm Pistol at the start...

That's why I always used a inventory mod to turn a spear into a .44 magnum and give myself a bunch of ammo for it. But not too much that I still didn't have to conserve - who knows when I'd get more?

I figured it was fair since I ended F01 with those things, right? They'd get handed down to my ancestor.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    I've run into a snag with the Fallout Trilogy, hopefully you guys can help. It installed perfectly, right from the disc. However, when I load up F1 and F2, I get this colour distortion:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2458/12896577.jpg

I don't know why it print screen'd all black, but the right side of the face that is sort of green is what I get. The black colouring isn't there when I play, just that colour distortion over the entire screen.

Also, Tactics apparently didn't even install. I try to load it up and get an autolauncher with the option to install.

I'm running this on Win7 Pro.

Anybody know what the problems are?

Edit: Last time I installed it was on an XP system, and it worked perfectly without any discolouration or hitches.

Klash on
    edited June 2010
    Page 100 time for a new thread.

Someone else make it for obvious reasons

Buttcleft on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've run into a snag with the Fallout Trilogy, hopefully you guys can help. It installed perfectly, right from the disc. However, when I load up F1 and F2, I get this colour distortion:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2458/12896577.jpg

I don't know why it print screen'd all black, but the right side of the face that is sort of green is what I get. The black colouring isn't there when I play, just that colour distortion over the entire screen.

Also, Tactics apparently didn't even install. I try to load it up and get an autolauncher with the option to install.

I'm running this on Win7 Pro.

Anybody know what the problems are?

Edit: Last time I installed it was on an XP system, and it worked perfectly without any discolouration or hitches.
    Right click on the .exe file, hit properties. Go to the compatibility tab, and try running in XP compatibility mode. If not, try 98 mode (if it's even on Windows 7).

SithDrummer on
    edited June 2010
    I tried compatibility. Win7 lets me do 95 to now. I ran the gambit, no luck. Game itself works, its just it has that bizarre discolouration. Last time I saw that, WarCraft II was having a heart attack on XP.

Also in the process of installing similarly old games like Baldur's Gate, and received the same type of discolouration during the demo movies post install. Its obvious enough this is just a problem with old games running on a new system, but I have no idea what the cause other than they're old.

Klash on
    edited June 2010
    you are doing compatability on fallout.exe in the program folder right?

Buttcleft on