As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW-EU] www.obsidianspur.eu

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    got my "wrath of the lich king" box the other day so I'll probably be re-subscribing again soon

I wont waste money on transfering my warlock and warrior and one thousand alts to the PA server though, but I'll probably make a new character there so I can hang with you guys a bit.

Since I don't know where any class is at today, is there anything you guys would want me to roll specifically because I have no idea here

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Roll a lock, I don't think we have any of those

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    but I already have a level 70 warlock on another server :(

Same with warrior

so anything but those two really!

By the way, how fast is leveling these days? I've heard it's pretty fast

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2010
    It's a lot faster. Overall XP rewards were bumped a bit in the 1-60 range, and then there are the heirlooms that give you 20% more XP in addition to that.

There are a bunch of leveling guides that help you optimize your questing. I like TourGuide a lot.

Echo on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't know 1-58 since TBC, but with my DK I did outland levels as roughly 1 / 2 hours, and Northrend at about 1 / 3 hours. (fresh char, so no money investment) From what I understand, the lower levels fly by now.

Remember that if you pick a healer or tanking class, you can pretty much join an instance (from anywhere in the world) right when you feel like it. DPS has to wait around for a bit.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I said lock based on the fact that we have no locks

that said, we could use a good paladin

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'll probably make a Paladin or some other healing class. I never really did any healing in WoW before so I guess that could be interesting

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    FUMING WITH RAGE RIGHT NOW

So I won this thing in the ICC25 pug i just did: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50014/greatcloak-of-the-turned-champion#comments
    But the masterlooter accidentally handed it to somebody else, who refused to give it to me after everyone told him to and then left the group.

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    FUMING WITH RAGE RIGHT NOW

So I won this thing in the ICC25 pug i just did: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50014/greatcloak-of-the-turned-champion#comments
    But the masterlooter accidentally handed it to somebody else, who refused to give it to me after everyone told him to and then left the group.

Master looter writes a ticket saying he accidentally allocated it to the wrong person. I'm not sure if that needs conformation from the other person though.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If you help me level, I'll do a 2nd Warlock for lols...

Then you'll have a pro lock ;)

GreenPowerRanger on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Priest, druid or pally

I'll let you, the internet, decide

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm so in. Ninjaloot - rogue orc standing by!

I think i saw you in the PA channel yesterday, wanted to say hi but you were already gone again :B
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Priest, druid or pally

I'll let you, the internet, decide

I'd say Paladin.

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Another paladin would be awesome. We really need to get some dooders coming over.
    On a bad day we struggle for 10 mans. So more folks we can depend on is awesome :D

Just /join PA. And poke us in there. If there's no reply, just /who Protagonist. Anybody that's in there can invite you ;)

Come on guys! We're counting on you! <3

Varethius on
  • Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm so in. Ninjaloot - rogue orc standing by!

I think i saw you in the PA channel yesterday, wanted to say hi but you were already gone again :B

I'd say Paladin.

Yeah, I had to run off on some job related stuff. Going to resume leveling riiiight about now

RichardTauber on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

What kinda help are we talking here, running you through some dungeons or something? Cause I could do that.

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    AstnsAstns Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

What kinda help are we talking here, running you through some dungeons or something? Cause I could do that.

I too would lend a hand. A lock, shadowpriest and unholy dk are a nice dps combo.

Astns on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    man

I have to play elf to make my Paladin? I just don't know

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    A steep price to pay for sure

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The sexiest elves, so its ok.

Varethius on
  • Options
    KagliciousKaglicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That raid tonight was fantastic, thanks to you all for carrying my leaden, undergeared arse and teaching me the fights.

Also for making me feel welcome to the guild in general, was definitely worth the money I paid to resub and get a server and faction transfer over.

Kaglicious on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Kaglicious wrote: »
    That raid tonight was fantastic, thanks to you all for carrying my leaden, undergeared arse and teaching me the fights.

Also for making me feel welcome to the guild in general, was definitely worth the money I paid to resub and get a server and faction transfer over.

Is this sarcasm

are you being sarcastic

did you guys raid without me

fuck

Senshi on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    As I understand, the faceroll bosses in ICC10 were done yesterday. We also bolstered ranks quite a bit, with a DK(80), a Pala (80), and warlock(76) joining.

The powers that be have decided that we're aiming for a Thu-Sun-Tue 19.00 CET raid schedule. A bit of attendance and we could make this work!

We could also perhaps try to use one of the nonraid days to form the core for a 25man PUG? I have no idea how/what/where, or if anyone wants the job of bossing puggers around...

Also, thanks for the chain of ICC heroics yesterday. The chain of non melee (plate or DPS) drops was quite hilarious, as were the back to back [Needy] need rolls, but the sword paid off in the end. 500point bump in GS! Tonight I should be able to get tank gloves too (So 2set t9). 1200g away from epic flying.

SanderJK on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    man

I have to play elf to make my Paladin? I just don't know

You might not have to now, just make whatever you feel like!

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I heard you lack warlocks so I'll probably just cough up the 20 euros or whatever it costs to transfer my 70 lock over to the PA server. Because I don't know if I have it in me to level my little paladin up from scratch.

Just wish you could like, transfer your characters in a bundle or something because I have so many spread out over different servers from the days when we had an Alliance PA guild and a Horde PA guild and also alt guilds for those.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My reign as the only lock will last but a mere day! Woe is me.

Also lookie.
    zzulu.jpg

J on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2010
    That shit be old-school!

Echo on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    <3<3<3

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh, Wave is banned again. :rotate:

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It's that raiding time again!

Astns on
  • Options
    JivesJives Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What would be more useful to you, a warrior or a mage?

Jives on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    A warrior I'd say, we have no dps warriors at present.

Astns on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It was quite nice to see 14 online at raidtime yesterday, sad that we just lacked the composition/gear for a progression raid, and all the different people pugging different shit over the week made other stuff hard to coordinate.

Project: Gear up DK tank is coming along nicely. For now I've specced Unholy for tanking, since single target threat is a moot point (lol IT spam for 6-7k tps), and best AoE tank is the most important thing in heroics right now. It'll be a while yet before I feel safe tanking some raidstuff (Currently 0.04% off the 83+ defense cap, 30.5k hp, 24.5% parry, 19.3% dodge, and 5% hit 4.5% expertise some openings can still fail which can really fuck shit up)

It may get a bit harder from here though, have to run specific shit to get my weakest slots upgraded, which is a more disappointing process then instaqueue'ing and looting badges.

I gave my Onyxia head to Dasein, cause all in all, that trinket sucks. 105hp/5s? Really?

Edit: If I were a rich man, I could consider getting the ICC craftables. But those are a ways off still.

SanderJK on
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hmmm, tempted to dust off my 74 Rogue, realm AND faction x-fer to join you guys, the best guild I was in for ages was the last EU guild, I was a sad panda when I found out it died...

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Doooo it.

J on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dalaan, you gotta offtank the next icc we do, so replace your blues by then, also try getting the black heart + glyph of indom and lose that shitty dodge thing, tia c:

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ho hum, I'm not home tommorow until quite late, so next ICC start (Thu) is going to be an issue. Especially because all the upgrades are spread out now:
    * 15 more badges for ring
    * Cloak: Either 25 more badges, or HoR normal
    * Better Weapon: HoR Heroic
    * Trinket: ToC normal / 50 more badges
    Before Thursday 19.00 I probably will only be able to get one of the above.

SanderJK on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Astns wrote: »
    A warrior I'd say, we have no dps warriors at present.

Part of me wants to come back but also part of me doesn't want to. Not because of the people.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Man that sucks Huk =(
    Dal, try not to worry too much, I'm sure the healers can carry you through the first 4 or some.
    Also, we need to try and alternate the first raid night of a week, as some people (Leiry) are unable to raid Thursdays. So if we can have one week on Thurs, and then another on Wednesday, I think that'd be fair.

Just throwing the thought out there. If anyone has any probs with that, lemme know, yo.

Also, cornwall is ace (y)
    Yummmmm, pasty's <3

Varethius on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Varethius wrote: »
    Dal, try not to worry too much, I'm sure the healers can carry you through the first 4 or some.
    Actually, we just did that yesterday. Dal's threat is a bit mental though, you'll probably have to hold back a little at the start if I am to take a boss first, especially those icy touches.

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Why are you guys horde :/

Been looking for a new guild since the one i'm in is dead until Cata, but there's no way i'm going to fork over both a server change and a faction change.

quaigy on