As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

But then [Mass Effect] began to smell my greatness!

• DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    guys shepard is a guy what the fuck are you all talking about

Duki on
  • LeinnaLeinna Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have also just finished my Renegade Engineer Insanity run. The combat drone really makes it easier, particularly the Scions who forget how to do their biotic .. blowy .. up ... thing.

Now starting an Infiltrator off in ME1 - going to play Veteran just to make it a bit more straightforward and fun :)

Leinna on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dac wrote: »
    Man I never even thought to play Soldier before.

Why didn't anyone ever tell me that Adrenaline Rush is the best thing ever.
    Remember to get the machine gun on the collector ship.

You become space rambo.

Karl on
  • DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    To be fair (kinda), in ME1, after getting rid of her, the council only hears from Shepard in totally ridiculous terms.
    Shepard, what did you find at that priceless Prothean ruins site?
    I found a blue chick and a dead krogan. Also, the ruins are now more so.

Shepard, what did you discover on that frigid ice planet, seat of capitalism?
    I did some smuggling, got the planetary administrator incarcerated, and killed an Asari matriarch. Also, I murdered a queen from that supposedly-extinct telepathic bug species that threatened the entire galaxy not long ago, so...you're welcome.

Shepard, what did you learn at that human colony?
    I blew up some geth and saved the colony, pretty straight forward really. Also, I destroyed an incredibly ancient and massively sprawling, completely unique mind-controlling sentient plant that turned people into slaves, kind of like that evil spaceship I've been having nightmares about.

Shepard, what happened at Virmire, that ideal candidate for colonization?
    Well, I ran into Saren (still a dick btw), destroyed their Krogan breeding plan, talked to one of those malevolent, diabolical spaceships I mentioned, and iced some lunatic Salarians.
    Also I nuked the planet.

Reports from other spectres are probably like, "Yeah, I staked out that Space Quiznos for five hours but the only krogan testicles we saw were attached," or "no, it's probably not her favorite store, but there's nothing we can do about it legally." Shepard's reports have pizazz.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

I really hope we meet another Spectre in ME3 and it's revealed that they all hate Shepard's guts.
    "Asari Justiciars causing you trouble? Oh yeah, they can be pretty difficult sometimes with their unyielding sense of honor and centuries of experience and incredible biotic powers and so on. Did I tell you about that time I had one swear an undying oath to me, pledging to follow my orders even beyond the Code? That was fun."

"FUCK you, Shepard!"

"Oh, you don't even want to start going through the people I've fucked."

DarkCrawler on
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Duki wrote: »

All Shepherd interpretations are correct. Shepherd's awesomeness transcends gender and moral stance.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Teriferin wrote: »

All Shepherd interpretations are correct. Shepherd's awesomeness transcends gender and moral stance.

"This one is afraid it has had it with your, admittedly disingenuous assertions. This one believes it is time to take a relaxing, if somewhat sudden nap."

Seriously, if we don't get a hanar teammate in ME3 I'm going to kill someone. Every time we learn something new about them they seem even more awesome.

DarkCrawler on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

"This one is afraid it has had it with your, admittedly disingenuous assertions. This one believes it is time to take a relaxing, if somewhat sudden nap."

Seriously, if we don't get a hanar teammate in ME3 I'm going to kill someone. Every time we learn something new about them they seem even more awesome.

Hanar aren't built for combat though. He would have to fight in like a mech or something...

...yes.

Dragkonias on
  • TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Hanar aren't built for combat though. He would have to fight in like a mech or something...

...yes.

What are you talking about? A Hanar choked out Zaeed

TracerBullet on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Doesn't mean they can shoot well.

Dragkonias on
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Doesn't mean they can shoot well.

Also, it'd look retarded. How the fuck does it take cover? When you're running does it just float faster?

It's a very, very dumb idea. That's why it was a joke, you know ridiculing it.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hanar Infiltrator, man. Goes invisible, appears behind people and strangles them.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hanar would take cover very easily

wrapped up in a ball they're way smaller than humans.

You could do an honest to god fastball special actually.

Seriously on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Have any Earth franchises spread beyond Earth? Space Quiznos got me thinking.

Space McDonald's?

Space Burger King?

Space Dominos?

Space Taco Bell?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    biotic hanar with a sniper rifle

Thane's BFF or something

put up a barrier for protection like Jack

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Space McDonald's?

Space Burger King?

Space Dominos?

Space Taco Bell?

Space Dominos, we get you your Krogan style cheese and varran pizza pie in 30 fractions of a second or less or it's free!

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited May 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Space McDonald's?

Space Burger King?

Space Dominos?

Space Taco Bell?

Space Dominos, we get you your Krogan style cheese and varran pizza pie in 30 fractions of a second or less or it's free!

Yeah but...which fractions of a second? 30 1/2s of a second? or is it gonna be really lame like 30 3/2s of a second?

TracerBullet on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Isn't 60/1 still a fraction?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Isn't 60/1 still a fraction?

It's a representation of a non-fraction in fractional notation.

Fractions are explicitly non-unitary.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

...yes.

I don't think I've heard this story.

DarkPrimus on
    edited May 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

...yes.

I don't think I've heard this story.

One of Zaeed's memories while you talk to him ends up where he or one of his teammates almost gets choked out by a hanar. Zaeed ends it with "I'll never under-estimate a hanar again"

TracerBullet on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So playing this on PC now, steam version. Just did Grunt's loyalty mission but his 4th power is still locked, what's up with that?

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Rami wrote: »
    So playing this on PC now, steam version. Just did Grunt's loyalty mission but his 4th power is still locked, what's up with that?
    Common glitch. Thought they recently patched it out though.

Edit: Oh, patch is 360 only so far.

Elendil on
    edited May 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    Common glitch. Thought they recently patched it out though.

Patch only on 360 not on PC yet.

Dragkonias on
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

Had this happen to me too, but only on a renegade run. Annoying glitch.

envoy1 on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So nothing I can do? Good job it's only my hardcore run then, he'll really need that power on insanity.

Went with a sentinel this time, despite being kind of 'boring' it's actually a really powerful class. It covers everything; warp for armour and barriers, overload for shields and mechs, cyroblast/throw for crowd control/environmental deaths. Plus tech armour is pretty damn good, and the power armour evolution brings your biotic and tech powers up to scratch too. 2.5 second cooldown on throw is kind of hilarious as well.

With warp ammo as your bonus power I'd argue its probably the most powerful class in the game.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited May 2010
    Sentinel is great. He's got a tool for every problem.

To my great surprise I am enjoying my renegade soldier run currently. The
    elnora scene in samara's recruitment mission is bad-ass when accompanied by zaeed and grunt. Zaeed just goes "face the wall, bitch!" and then all three pump her full of lead. Sweet

I did have one observation (and slightly risking some ME2 physics discussion here). If spacecraft basically move through space magic (mass effect fields), then why
    does the reaper ship on horizon seem to use liquid fuel like a shuttle craft to get itself out of the atmosphere? Sovereign didn't have to do that.

envoy1 on
    edited May 2010
    Zaeed, Grunt, and renegade Soldier are the ultimate demolition squad. You could make a whole game starring them.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    envoy1 wrote: »
    I did have one observation (and slightly risking some ME2 physics discussion here). If spacecraft basically move through space magic (mass effect fields), then why
    does the reaper ship on horizon seem to use liquid fuel like a shuttle craft to get itself out of the atmosphere? Sovereign didn't have to do that.

me2 doesn't bother with logic or reasoning.
    as such, ignore all plot, logic and/or science holes!

drakonias(sp?) would say "because it looks cool".

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    edited May 2010
    evilthecat wrote: »

me2 doesn't bother with logic or reasoning.
    as such, ignore all plot, logic and/or science holes!

drakonias(sp?) would say "because it looks cool".

Indeed.

Because it looks cool.

Dragkonias on
    edited May 2010
    [/SPOILER]

But it wasn't a Reaper ship.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sentinel is great. He's got a tool for every problem.

To my great surprise I am enjoying my renegade soldier run currently. The
    elnora scene in samara's recruitment mission is bad-ass when accompanied by zaeed and grunt. Zaeed just goes "face the wall, bitch!" and then all three pump her full of lead. Sweet

because it's a collector ship and not a reaper?

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited May 2010
    no, my point is more general. All ships move in and out of atmospheres by using mass effect fields. Suddenly the collector ship uses liquid nitrogen? Daku is right. It looks cool.

envoy1 on
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    no, my point is more general. All ships move in and out of atmospheres by using mass effect fields. Suddenly the collector ship uses liquid nitrogen? Daku is right. It looks cool.

Uh doesn't the normandy use both? Mass Effect fields to specific systems and regular fuel for flight within systems?

Zerokku on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

What looked different? I mean sovereign had loads of smoke pouring out when it took off from Eden Prime.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I thought they used Mass Effect fields to counter the effects of gravity, and chemical engines for actually moving around atmosphere.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I thought they used Mass Effect fields to counter the effects of gravity, and chemical engines for actually moving around atmosphere.

Exactly. Don't see it being the plothole envoy is seeing it as.

Zerokku on
  • TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I've run though the game three times, adept (normal), and vanguard (hardcore), engineer (insanity) any suggestions for a 4th? I tried doing an infiltrator run but I quit right after Freedom's Progress since I was burnt out.

Tertiee on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Tertiee wrote: »
    So I've run though the game three times, adept (normal), and vanguard (hardcore), engineer (insanity) any suggestions for a 4th? I tried doing an infiltrator run but I quit right after Freedom's Progress since I was burnt out.

go soldier and get the machine gun

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited May 2010
    Until this exact moment, I had no idea Shepard's private quarters had a bathroom.

Absolutely no idea.

TracerBullet on
    edited May 2010
    i like Jacob now

he's the only romance that makes Shepard talk about herself for a change

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png