As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] ITT we await [Chat]aclysm

• Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "greenis"

Been playing Morrowind with the "better bodies" mod, have we?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    "greenis"

Been playing Morrowind with the "better bodies" mod, have we?
    :winky:

D:

Liquid Ghost on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    melee dps probably think it's a pain in the ass if they have to go chasing after the feared mob

tanks would probably think it a pain because now you've got four mobs up in your grill and one way over there. If you ARE the tank, well then I guess it's not an issue

Healers...I have no idea why healers wouldn't care for it

It's HoR, the dps should be focus firing one mob at a time and the rest should be locked down if possible. Fear is a good CC.

Regina Fong on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fear is really a bad cc because I have seen them run all the way into other rooms just to pull others or my fav was the ones that would find the holes in the floor or wall and fall out of the dungeon and yet somehow live putting you into eternal combat

Brainleech on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jeepguy wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    melee dps probably think it's a pain in the ass if they have to go chasing after the feared mob

tanks would probably think it a pain because now you've got four mobs up in your grill and one way over there. If you ARE the tank, well then I guess it's not an issue

Healers...I have no idea why healers wouldn't care for it

It's HoR, the dps should be focus firing one mob at a time and the rest should be locked down if possible. Fear is a good CC.

Fear works well in HoR since there's no "extra" aggro-able mobs, but I swear I never see anyone use any kind of CC in there. I suppose it's also no surprise that I can't even remember the last time I successfully completed HoR.

Vincent Grayson on
    edited May 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Fear is really a bad cc because I have seen them run all the way into other rooms just to pull others or my fav was the ones that would find the holes in the floor or wall and fall out of the dungeon and yet somehow live putting you into eternal combat

Let me amend my statement. Fear is a potent CC. Because of the set-up in HoR it is effective and worthwhile there. It is not necessarily so in many other instances though.

Regina Fong on
    edited May 2010
    It's certainly possible to do H HoR without using CC, but I'm pretty sure that instance was designed for CC to be used. Bliz is trying to get us back in the habit of using CC. That's no secret.

Regina Fong on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    I guess I'm just unlucky. At least Saronite ore is cheap as dirt on the AH.

Of course, now that I've said that, turns out there's no damn ore on the AH.

Wintergrasp has tons of Rich Saronite. TONS.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's certainly possible to do H HoR without using CC, but I'm pretty sure that instance was designed for CC to be used. Bliz is trying to get us back in the habit of using CC. That's no secret.

It's almost the perfect place for CC. It has a big wide open area(which no one utilizes) and no chance of pulling additional mobs.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I guess I'm just unlucky. At least Saronite ore is cheap as dirt on the AH.

Of course, now that I've said that, turns out there's no damn ore on the AH.

Wintergrasp has tons of Rich Saronite. TONS.

It also has tons of highly-pvp-geared Rogues who like to lurk around and stab you.

That, and it's always crowded with miners on my server.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man, forget saronite. Go for cobalt. On my server it sells for more than saronite most of the time.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited May 2010
    I haven't really played much WoW recently, but Wintergrasp is the best ganking zone. You can find tons of carebears in the little fire elemental area. I drop out of the sky and smite them most righteously.

And, as a prot paladin, I can't lose, even if it turns out they are geared. 8-)

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited May 2010
    Man, forget saronite. Go for cobalt. On my server it sells for more than saronite most of the time.

I.. I'm not getting it to sell, I'm getting it to use.

Also I am so fucking tired of trying to get a shield on my Paladin. I'm stuck with the Bulwark of the Noble Protector, and in seven runs I haven't even seen the Royal Crest of Lordaeron drop. I can't even get a queue for normal HoR to pop either. Unless I can get into ToC10 and get the shield off of Anub'arak (HAHAHA) or do ICC10 and get the shield from the gunship battle (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA), I'm probably going to be stuck with that 25-badge ilvl 200 tanking shield from Dalaran.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    edited May 2010

Also I am so fucking tired of trying to get a shield on my Paladin. I'm stuck with the Bulwark of the Noble Protector, and in seven runs I haven't even seen the Royal Crest of Lordaeron drop. I can't even get a queue for normal HoR to pop either. Unless I can get into ToC10 and get the shield off of Anub'arak (HAHAHA) or do ICC10 and get the shield from the gunship battle (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA), I'm probably going to be stuck with that 25-badge ilvl 200 tanking shield from Dalaran.

My brother had the flaming skull sheild from Naxx { I do not know it's name} He was obessed with getting a better one untill this week where he got the one off of Anub'arak in 10 man toc
    I would like the one out of normal hor but it does not seem to drop unless there is going to be a fight for it

Brainleech on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is Beyond Normal the next SabreMau?

*wink*

THAT'S RIGHT PIERCENECK. WINK WINK WINK

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    They should change Fear so that it just makes you tremble in place. That way it'd be viable CC in instances and you wouldn't get the occasional "feared and ran out of the world".

reVerse on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Change the warlock spell to Cower or something like that, that way "Fear" is still an affect enemies can put on you to make you run around like a silly goose.

Henroid on
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    They should change Fear so that it just makes you tremble in place. That way it'd be viable CC in instances and you wouldn't get the occasional "feared and ran out of the world".

Fuck that, fear is the bestest of the CCs. Not only does it CC that one mob who's being a dick, but it also brings more mobs, which is fun.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
    edited May 2010
    Also, it still auto-kills in pvp.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited May 2010
    This one time fighting Kel'Thuzad I got frost tombed as I was moving and I did a crazy sort of power slide all the way across the pentagram and *right* into a purple circle of doom. I was laughing so hard in vent and asked if everyone saw me surf to my death. One of the druids battle-rezzed me immediately and we continued on to a steamroll victory.

I still consider that my most awesome/hilariously unfortunate death.

Regina Fong on
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This one time fighting Kel'Thuzad I got frost tombed as I was moving and I did a crazy sort of power slide all the way across the pentagram and *right* into a purple circle of doom. I was laughing so hard in vent and asked if everyone saw me surf to my death. One of the druids battle-rezzed me immediately and we continued on to a steamroll victory.

You're making me reminisce about my mage, and how sadly hilarious Saphiron was when I iceblocked. So many people died thinking I was save cover.

Sometimes, I miss my mage. But then I see that there's never opening in dungeons or raids for DPS.

tehmarken on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sunday in TOC10 I was hit by a bug that had me never leaving the running animation, unless I didn't turn my char at all, in which case I did a weird in place shuffle (My Tauren looked like he needed to go to the bathroom).

It lasted for the entire instance too, it was pretty awesome.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I haven't really played much WoW recently, but Wintergrasp is the best ganking zone. You can find tons of carebears in the little fire elemental area. I drop out of the sky and smite them most righteously.

Fuck you, fuck you so hard for using that word you silly goose.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Arthil wrote: »

Fuck you, fuck you so hard for using that word you silly goose.

Which is funny because the paladins shield bash animation reminds me of the care bear stare, a big shield popping out of the chest.

Some people from my guild were 10 man or so the 25 man immortal achievement when the mage gets MC'ed and casts polymorph on the tank, who reflects it and sheeps the mage, who then gets a void under him. Funny stuffs.

polloface on
    edited May 2010
    polloface wrote: »
    Which is funny because the paladins shield bash animation reminds me of the care bear stare, a big shield popping out of the chest.

I think it varies based on race.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Ok but if cobalt ore is going for more than saronite, mining saronite is basically a waste of time. It makes more sense to mine cobalt, sell it and buy saronite. Which, yes in your currentsituation (no saronite to buy) isn't all that helpful, but as a general rule!

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010

My best was one I think you will appreciate. Back in BC, a group was attacking thunder bluff. Something killed me, but as it did so I happened to fall off of a ledge and pop Holyform, so it looked as though the spirit of redemption was flying off of TB.

Nerdgasmic on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My best death was in ICC kind of recently. Our MT has a habit of DI'ing people to save repair bills, and I was the only one in range. On Arthas, we screwed up somehow on a transition phase, and I get hit with DI where the ground collapses. Someone in vent asks what happens when I get removed from the group with DI up in such a situation, which is followed by laughter in vent and me cursing in raid chat (no microphone).

Another good one was getting a shaman to hit me with thunderstorm in a duel off of Thorim's mountain; I popped a parachute cloak and made it almost all the way to Ulduar. We had a priest try it and he made it to Utgarde Keep, best I could do in that direction was Zul'drak.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I used to roll with a good Warlock in TBC that would CC by using fear, then using curse of recklessness to break his fear, then reapply fear to yo yo the mob close enough that it wouldn't agro the next pack, but was still locked down. Too bad they nerfed the ability to do it. Of course, I only ever played with two Warlocks who ever even did it in all my time playing WoW. The rest were too busy alt tabbed jerking it with a rubber band wrapped around whatever key was mapped to shadow bolt.

Joshmvii on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I got feared through the tunnel in WSG last night and was unable to move. I had to hearth out and eat a deserter debuff.

Bikkstah on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

It's almost the perfect place for CC. It has a big wide open area(which no one utilizes) and no chance of pulling additional mobs.

I've tanked HoR on a pally (easysauce) and on a warrior (slightly more challenging), and never had or needed CC. It'd be nice if someone sheeped or feared the riflemen, I guess, but it's no biggie.

Hamurabi on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    On vent Sunday our raid leader went "shit I'm dead, someone else get on orbs." And then the dk dps ran up to an orb. I've never seen a dranei get so much air.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    On vent Sunday our raid leader went "shit I'm dead, someone else get on orbs." And then the dk dps ran up to an orb. I've never seen a dranei get so much air.

I'll never forget the incident we had where our Druid MT made the mistake of doing a bear charge on one of the Orbs. It was like bowling. For bears.

Nobody on
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I spent yesterday getting caught up. . .wow. They really changed the everloving shit out of this game didn't they. I like the LFG changes (makes it easier to find groups for non-guilded folk); not so much the BG changes. And why was Siphon Life "removed". . .:(

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

They have that effect in the game already, it's called Cower and some NPCs cast it.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hamurabi wrote: »

I've tanked HoR on a pally (easysauce) and on a warrior (slightly more challenging), and never had or needed CC. It'd be nice if someone sheeped or feared the riflemen, I guess, but it's no biggie.

They're Undead, so likely immune to Fear and definitely immune to Sheep.

It's kinda funny. Whenever HoR comes up, there is inevitably an argument about CC/the nook/etc, but no one points out how retardedly difficult it actually IS to CC an Undead mob. There's only like 2 classes that can reliably stop them (not just "hold them in place" because that does fuck-all for casters).

It also devolves into "No I don't use the nook because I'm a GOOD player"/"No, I use the nook because I'm a GOOD tank.".

The Muffin Man on
    edited May 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »

I got feared through the tunnel in WSG last night and was unable to move. I had to hearth out and eat a deserter debuff.

It was fun to go hide next to the protal with the flagg so you would have a hard time not going trough the protal to get to me
    This is the allaince one not the horde

Brainleech on
    edited May 2010
    Arkady wrote: »

Ok but if cobalt ore is going for more than saronite, mining saronite is basically a waste of time. It makes more sense to mine cobalt, sell it and buy saronite. Which, yes in your currentsituation (no saronite to buy) isn't all that helpful, but as a general rule!

Err, I use both cobalt and saronite. I don't think you quite realize just how fast I go through saronite bombs.
    Hamurabi wrote: »

They're Undead, so likely immune to Fear and definitely immune to Sheep.

It's kinda funny. Whenever HoR comes up, there is inevitably an argument about CC/the nook/etc, but no one points out how retardedly difficult it actually IS to CC an Undead mob. There's only like 2 classes that can reliably stop them (not just "hold them in place" because that does fuck-all for casters).

It also devolves into "No I don't use the nook because I'm a GOOD player"/"No, I use the nook because I'm a GOOD tank.".
    Whenever I heal heroic HoR on my Priest I never actuallly stand in the nook; I stand out in the middle and Fade if one of the mobs aggros me, and it sends them after the tank every time. I then proceed to shackle Riflemen. I never take damage, the Riflemen never pose a threat (I sometimes get the Mercenaries if I get a shot), and the tank still has all the aggro.

I have about a 45-50% success rate at not pissing off tanks with this method.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    When I heal HoR on my priest, I do sit in a nook to keep the tank at ease, but as soon as guys start running I a) step out, away from AOEs, and b) target the farthest one back and shackle him. Even a little bit like that helps.

While the nook strategy helps for randoms, when I can't be sure people will even try to CC, I really want to run it without the nook with a competent group and see how smoothly it goes.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
This discussion has been closed.