As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat]aclysm: still not here

EchoEcho ski-bapba-dapModerator mod
edited June 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
And mind your goddamn spoiler tags.

Echo on

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Echo wrote: »

Hah! First post and last post in last chat.

Fear my trolling ways!

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Five more months of Cataclysm-anticipatory-themed threads. I'm not sure how much more I can takes.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    One per week at the current rate too. It's going to be madness!

We really did chew through that last one fast.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The new Westfall stuff has me really excited for what they could do with other zones.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »

Fear my trolling ways!

First! is the worst thing to happen to the internet, ever.

captaink on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Five more months of Cataclysm-anticipatory-themed threads. I'm not sure how much more I can takes.

I'm just monitoring the lore at this point out of a desire to see what Blizzard does to it positively and negatively with Cataclysm. More then likely i won't actually play WoW almost at all after Cataclysm, especially with more new MMOs coming up to grab my attention, not to mention I'll be starting university this fall. I just won't have time to raid like I did last year. And the rest of the game changes don't lure me back in.

@captaink, your just jealous I got here first.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2010
    captaink wrote: »

Fear my trolling ways!

I still wait for the day someone writes "first post!" so that I may throw upon them ye carde of serious infractione.

Echo on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    9 get!

tehmarken on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm glad they didn't forget about the Scythe of Elune quest line, and in fact incorporated it into the Worgen starting area.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm glad they didn't forget about the Scythe of Elune quest line, and in fact incorporated it into the Worgen starting area.

First time I watched the Cataclysm trailer and the bit with the Worgen meeting Night Elves.. that quest chain was sitting in the back of my mind smiling and nodding it's head.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So uhh...I solo tanked Koralon 10.

Who wants to touch me.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Who wants to touch me.

/touch

I don't feel any different but I think one of his epics fell out of your pocket.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm just monitoring the lore at this point out of a desire to see what Blizzard does to it positively and negatively with Cataclysm. More then likely i won't actually play WoW almost at all after Cataclysm, especially with more new MMOs coming up to grab my attention, not to mention I'll be starting university this fall. I just won't have time to raid like I did last year. And the rest of the game changes don't lure me back in.
    I was very nearly done with WoW, and honestly were it not for the redesign of 1-60, even the lure of Worgen/Goblins wouldn't be enough to keep me here. But leveling is my favorite part of this game and the fact that they've gone and redone the whole bit (well, the majority of it at least) really makes me want this expansion badly. So, I'll be around for at least one more expansion.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    WITHOUT Ardent Defender.
    emot-smugbert.gif

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    captaink wrote: »

Fear my trolling ways!

All manner of entity will suffer their own ills. First! is only good for pointing out "Hey, I am spruce goose fucking goosey."

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Who wants to touch me.

/touch

I don't feel any different but I think one of his epics fell out of your pocket.

Oh you mean the fucking healing PVP Holy belt?

At least Tora dropped his gloves.
    EDIT: 25 Tora, at that.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I was very nearly done with WoW, and honestly were it not for the redesign of 1-60, even the lure of Worgen/Goblins wouldn't be enough to keep me here. But leveling is my favorite part of this game and the fact that they've gone and redone the whole bit (well, the majority of it at least) really makes me want this expansion badly. So, I'll be around for at least one more expansion.

I honestly see 1-60 being much the same old formula of kill 10 things, go here, go there, do this and that, save the world from inanimate baddies, etc. It worked for 3 years for me and I had fun, but changing it up this way isn't working for me anymore. I feel I know all there is to about WoW from a gameplay aspect, and it's burned me out. New content won't really do it.

I'll try and keep appraised of lore changes and maybe see where my friend's raiding guild gets in Cata endgame, but other then that, i'm done for now.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The new content and races help but it's the changes to talents/stats and the new masteries and Path of the Titans that has me really interested.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Henroid wrote:
    People in on the raiding for the glory / conquering won't mind I think. But people in on it specifically for loot are going to shit a brick.

Happens every expansion. I know someone in full Nax gear who was insistent that his stuff was better than just about everything in the level up to 70, and he was right more or less. Besides my extra 2k hp we had almost the same stats, only he spent months raiding nearly impossible stuff and I spent about two weeks doing the same leveling he did. Also my repair bills when the gank squads came around was a tenth of his.

I was leveling up new characters when Northrend first opened so I missed a lot of that crying but I heard enough of it on forums.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm slightly disappointed that they're aiming the initial ilvls so high. I expected something like 251 or 264 at the most, not nearly ICC25 Heroic levels.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Posted from the locked thread:

jeepguy wrote:
    It's certainly possible to do H HoR without using CC, but I'm pretty sure that instance was designed for CC to be used. Bliz is trying to get us back in the habit of using CC. That's no secret.

Beyond Normal wrote:
    It's almost the perfect place for CC. It has a big wide open area(which no one utilizes) and no chance of pulling additional mobs.

Forty wrote:
    Except that everything is undead which negates a lot of classes' ability to CC anything.

Right, which is why I said almost. I implied there were certain things about it that didn't make it perfect. If they were normal humanoid mobs, then it would be perfect.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    To expound on my comment about being right about the Forsaken all along, I merely mean that as a nubly Tauren right around launch time, doing the quests at Taren Mill led me to the early conclusion that the Forsaken weren't merely revenge-driven; they were pure evil. Only difference between them and the Scourge is that the Scourge were much, much stronger. The Forsaken had to cooperate, make allies, etc. But they're the same.

What I'm saying is that now that Arthas is gone, Sylvanus is only too happy to take his place.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I like all these new things going into WoW. It's gonna have that new expansion smell.

/sniff

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    They're literally going to have a new world, sort of, in which to incorporate quests, and the styles of questing has changed over the years, and most for the better IMO.

What with quest lines actually changing your perspective of the world, buildings being built or destroyed, all the amusement and annoyance inherent with vehicle quests, I tend to think leveling in the new Azeroth will be a very different and hopefully enjoyable change.

Also, with the ability to fly in most of the old world area's, that will bring a dramatic change to farming low level materials, and perhaps even leveling.

This has all been said before, but I find it unlikely that leveling will be the same experience as before.

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, maybe now low level professions won't be eye-gougingly boring to level. I did mining once and I will never do it again.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, maybe now low level professions won't be eye-gougingly boring to level. I did mining once and I will never do it again.

This.

Is why I will probably never have a Blacksmith, tho I've leveled almost everything else.

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I leveled Blacksmithing in TBC for my warrior before switching to engineering. Best choice ever.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    My JC is at 450 Mining and my lowbie Hunter is at 300 Mining/Engineering.

Another miner just might break me.

We'll see tho. If I can go back and fly over the world to mine later, that would change everything.
    I love mining and herbing in Icecrown while I wait for randoms to pop and the like.

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    As excited as I am about Cata, it's not making me want to play the game now. Still reeeeealy bored with wow.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The only bad part of the new Azeroth will be getting to 58 and having to go to HFP.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ahh, irony.....

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »
    The only bad part of the new Azeroth will be getting to 58 and having to go to HFP.

I may very well get to 60 and then start another new character.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    On the "exciting new world to explore" I present:

20081114.jpg

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    35th Post

Leaks have slowed to a crawl so no bombshells tonight.

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Thank you for that update.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited May 2010

The best part about Outland is you can be done with it in just 3 zones.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Levelling mining does suck. Levelling Blacksmithing/Enchanting on your alt Warrior with no mining is far worse. I think I dropped about 10k on that endeavor, which was worth it because I made him my main for Ulduar/ToC, but now that my Paladin is my main again it seems a little less great. :mrgreen: Ah well, I'm just glad my Paladin is already mining/JC, because I'll be damned if I don't enjoy mining ore.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

The best part about Outland is you can be done with it in just 3 zones.

Heck with lfd you can be done in 2

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Man, people need to stop bringing that up. D:

Henroid on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, 60. Hell, if the new 1-60 is really good I could see staying there until the xp/quests run out then skip past HFP completely perhaps.

-SPI- on
This discussion has been closed.